Indian ISPs among the BitTorrent Throttling ISPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
strange...i get a speed upto 33kBps on my 256kbps unlimited BSNL BB while downloading well seeded torrnts...its shocking for me too...but yes i do get it...:p

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
There are lots, considering the no. of ports. The best way is to try them out one by one. Generally try anything above 50000, just a suggestion. I use 55555, which is used by AVG Antivirus for updates, but I use NOD32 so no problem with that.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^

Thank you for stating the impossible, just like several others in the forum. Fails. 2 * 1024 / 8 = 256. Please revise your math.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
^^ Thats not what I meant. The speeds on a 2 mbps cannot EXCEED 256 KBPS, but dr.sethi says it does. Thats what I was talking about.

praka123

left this forum longback
^it exceeds!those routers and lines are capable of providing around 8mbps speed! :p
it is explained in this thread itself(old posts). :p .

many ppl get speed than what is promised :) .the system we have with bsnl is able to provide almost 8mbps.remember IPTV also comes in metros etc;right? :)

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
@praka123

Of course its capable of getting 8 mbps, but how would one go about doing it? I am capped to 2 mbps, and so are my friends, so you mean to say some accounts/modems are uncapped? uncapping the modem can provide the 8 mbps, I'm sure, but its very easy to detect, and is a criminal offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom