India to Obama visit: Yes We Scan!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Depends on what the surveyor considers to be a different race. If an Indian doesn't want his neighbor to be from a different part of India, that is extremely bigoted and discriminatory, but I wouldn't call that racist. I feel the whole of south asia belongs to a single race.
The states in India have varying characteristics like language,clothing etc.Also there is still the "caste system".As someone hailing from South I had a bad experience when I moved to another state.Dont know if it can be termed as racism ,but it didnt feel good.
Not everyone in my state is open minded about people from other states .I guess discriminating people based on caste,colour,language etc might also be called racism and India has that in excess.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I can understand the business terms but why the long queue? No place to sit?
*media2.intoday.in/indiatoday/images/stories//2015January/ambani_650_012715120817.jpg
their chair broke

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
saudi (the wahaabi/salaafi aggressive proponents and spreaders, officially the rulership itself too) + the yemerikkan and brit agencies = remote-controllers and cause of many, if not all the contemporary geo-theo-politico sinister crises & anguish plaguing the world; though both of them now appear to be countering the menace they re-nourished and pushed, like a boulder from the tip of a hill, either after burning their own hands, or to put up another facade again. i would like to optimistically believe in the former.
Mm, if US was the rc,then
*i.imgflip.com/8obc5.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

twitter handle pls :-D
Not active in Twitter ,but in FB ;)

$hadow

Geek in making
Well in abroad we are only asian but in India we are a lot of different things.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Heard live radio of broadcast of Modi and Obama. The end note of Modi about poor family made my eyes wet. Lol. Such emotional.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
and here's the aftereffects of Obama's visit. :lol:

Sticky issues: The controversy of Obama chewing gum at R-Day parade - Firstpost

- - - Updated - - -

Heard live radio of broadcast of Modi and Obama. The end note of Modi about poor family made my eyes wet. Lol. Such emotional.

and here's the transcript for the people (like me) who missed the broadcast or don't know hindi.

English Rendering of Transcript of the special episode of Mann ki Baat: PM Shri Narendra Modi and US President Shri Barack Obama share their thoughts on Radio

icebags

Technomancer
I think almost everyone in this thread are smart enough.

I asked for confirmation from others from their own experiences from abroad Not some stupid survey which skips many other questions. If you have one then share otherwise wait for others reply. Google can be contradicting & I can google & counter reply you but that will be just stupid.

Yes I can understand the business terms but why the long queue? No place to sit?
*media2.intoday.in/indiatoday/images/stories//2015January/ambani_650_012715120817.jpg

i wonder what was waiting in the front of the que for them ? it could have been a food distribution counter or may be not. :-o

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
and here's the aftereffects of Obama's visit. :lol:

Sticky issues: The controversy of Obama chewing gum at R-Day parade - Firstpost

Oh come on.. man.. the guy can't eat a chewing gum? This is why India don't progress.. we tend to linger around petty issues rather than trying to do some breakthroughs. :facepalm:

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
Oh come on.. man.. the guy can't eat a chewing gum? This is why India don't progress.. we tend to linger around petty issues rather than trying to do some breakthroughs. :facepalm:
Question is about, where he hid the chewing gum. We Indians knew we would hid the gum under the Chair, but Americans? :lol:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker

the chinese too hadn't taken it well. nevermind. gossiping is a human trait and has been our oldest pastime. the western man may do it for issues we find normal or/and necessary in this part, the eastern man may do it for those that are not considered objectionable and distasteful, owing to cultural differences. while apart from the internet giving people ideas royally lame to gain petty fame, it also gives them a platform to blow up a footling (as simple as chewing an anti-nicotine gum during an official function) and engage in tattling like never before!

- - - Updated - - -

Mm, if US was the rc,then
*i.imgflip.com/8obc5.jpg

my reply was not directed towards the much-debated attacks on US, but in general, about the reasons for the resurgence of wahaabism in the post world-war era, and esp. from atleast 6 months prior the landing of the soviet forces in afghanistan. though the subject invariably gets diverted many-a-times to the attacks on US, i know. :|

amjath

Human Spambot
[strike]When Congress trying to implement nuclear power plant in Kudangulam, Tamil Nadu everyone protested inclusing BJP. Now Obama signed Nuclear deal with Indian Government which includes opening Nuclear power plant to handle electricity needs. I dont get this logic :confused:[/strike]

Last edited:

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
but the protest-leader, S.P. Udayakumar, had stated that both the congress & the BJP were against the protest/in favour of the plant...

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Don't know the legibility of this information as I seen this in some controversial fb page.They say that India will be using nuclear reactors /parts used in the U.S

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
My mistake yes you are right

nevermind. happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't know the legibility of this information as I seen this in some controversial fb page.They say that India will be using nuclear reactors /parts used in the U.S

info (or should i say, mis/dis-info) on platforms like fb, whatsapp, etc., however trivial, should always be verified, as a rule. perhaps we don't have better sources of info yet, but am sure that within a few days, when the fever of the friendship subsides from the heads of the news-channel honchos, they will be back to their usual noisy newsroom debates and bickering, and then this topic of the nuclear deal would open up and we may get to know more on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom