India Gets Its First 1 Gbps Internet Connection

amjath

Human Spambot
just give a 2 or 4 mbps no fup like reliance in BSNL [they are more reliance in my locality]

bubusam13

Human
not necessarily if you watch a lot of hd videos on the net then u do not require hard disk space as the videos buffer and temp space that they occupy gets cleared after you close the window. just saying..cz companies don't usually cheat on the usage..might not be true..

I dont watch videos online. I even dont get time. Secondly, You must not have read one of my other thread. I once complained to reliance that I was not getting 3g network and not able to access internet.. After 2 weeks I was able to access internet at 154 kbps. I called and asked what is the issue. They told me I have already used my 5GB quota. Now I complained them I am not able to use internet, then how can their system show 5GB used.

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
what ? at my company we already have a 1gbps network. however I get download speeds of 20MB/s which is 160 Mbps..
and besides this connection is for buisnesses or startups, not home use.. LOL..

kartikoli

Busy!!
I second that. Here at my place there is no landline at all and so I have to use crappy BSNL EVDO and they are launching 1Gbps connections, at least first connect every area then think about world records.:censored: :evil::evil:

i get constant 1~2mbps speed on EVDO

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Ha ha. 1 Gbps?? Then what will be the FUP? 10 GB? FUP will be crossed in 80 secs. and after that damn 256-512 kbps. :facepalm:

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
BSNL charges 6Mbps true unlimited at Rs 15k / mo, the 1Gbps would cost Rs 30K / mo.... IMO sheer stupid waste of resources for a record.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
^^true..it's like trying to run bullet train despite of knowing that u still donno how to run suburban local trains properly..

tkin

Back to school!!
Overkill, this has no use for home users, period, no stream in internet need this and no file is big enough.

OT/ I will leave for Hyd march 2013, good bye BSNL, hello Beam :D

nginx

In the zone
I would be more than happy if any ISP can offer unlimited 2mbps at reasonable price where I live. No use introducing a 1GBPS connection if you are gonna charge 1000k a month for 50gb bandwidth. BSNL already has 100mbps connection but who's gonna pay 83k per month for that?

These are nothing but headline grabbing news to show off to the world. In reality, useless to the common man.

I dont watch videos online. I even dont get time. Secondly, You must not have read one of my other thread. I once complained to reliance that I was not getting 3g network and not able to access internet.. After 2 weeks I was able to access internet at 154 kbps. I called and asked what is the issue. They told me I have already used my 5GB quota. Now I complained them I am not able to use internet, then how can their system show 5GB used.

I thought it was common knowledge to all Indians by now that Reliance is a "chor" company. They have defrauded and scammed millions of customers all over India. I would rather live without Internet than subscribe to a company like Reliance.

nginx

In the zone
Sheer stupidity. First : giving / installing fibre optic and now this. You cant even max out copper cable bandwidth with reasonable prices whats the point of giving fibre optic with 1/100th of its capacity? [idiots] ..

btw whats the FUP? 1TB? :p

oh and btw, CAT-6 goes to only 12.5MB/s so even with 1Gbps unless you have a Gigabit ethernet port is useless, even then you need a SSD.

Dude CAT-6 doesn't limit your speed to 12.5 MB/s (100mbps). CAT-6 can sustain 1gbps speeds. It's capable of sustaining even more if need be. It's your router or NIC where the 100mbps bottleneck is. But these days 1gbps routers and NICs are commonplace. My home network is gigabit. You will need multiple SSDs in RAID 0 to harness the full potential of a 1gbps connection.

101gamzer

Ambassador of Buzz
Man I cant believe it is coming in Kerala! im from kerala :) Gods own country will get Gods own Internet :-D

Top Bottom