Incredible Speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

pushkar

Journeyman
I am currently using a Reliance Connection which is supposed to be 2 Mbps. But currently I am getting more than 10 times that speed. And it is not for fraction of a second. See these images for proof. Look at the average speed and the time elapsed in utorrent so that you can believe me.

*img383.imageshack.us/my.php?image=omgspeeddk1.jpg
*img369.imageshack.us/my.php?image=omgspeed2tn7.jpg
*img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=omgspeed3jy3.jpg

Last edited:

raksrules

Youngling
It seems Reliance guys are testing the higher bandwidth stuff and hence. May be it will phase out in some time. Till then enjoy the unprecedented Bandwidth

paroh

Padawan
so its just a good time to get most of the stuff.

Check ur download and upload speed in ur router and post ur speed screen shot of it.

U are getting massive 7.2MB download speed so just for a guess ur connection sync at 16MB

mrintech

Technomancer
Me too getting the same speed some days back. I got the speed for 3 days continuously. Me using Airtel.

Now me back again to 64 kbps :(

amol48

Searching...
You lucky dog!! Had I got that speed for a week I would have downloaded stuff more than (calculating....) 300GB!! :D (well I just multiplied the time my computer is downloading everyday x 7 x speed )

J

j00tach0r

Here is mine speed what im getting on BSNL DataOne:-

*i38.tinypic.com/16anoyq.jpg

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I am currently using a Reliance Connection which is supposed to be 2 Mbps. But currently I am getting more than 10 times that speed. And it is not for fraction of a second. See these images for proof. Look at the average speed and the time elapsed in utorrent so that you can believe me.
Is that an uncapped 2Mbps line? If not then what's the plan you're on?

Indranil92001

Journeyman
Utorrent have a feature called Local Peer Discovery, If the Local Computer have the file then the utorrent automatically connect to those Local Computer's utorrent client and downloding from there.As the data downloding from the Local Computer the downloding speed is very high then the ISP's downloding speed.

Last edited:
OP
pushkar

pushkar

Journeyman
pushkar you are downloding the data from your Local Computer. The picture is Computer One have the full downloded data or half data then the computer Two. This person add the local IP address of computer One to computer Two utorrent Client and thats why the Computer Two utorrent client downloding the data from the Local IP address of the Computer One utorrent Client. There is no hispeed downlod from the ISP the High speed downlod from the Local Lan , and this is the true picture.
This person cannot show the www.speedtest.net because the speedtest.net shows the ISP speed not the Local Lan speed.
I cannot force you to believe me. As they say, you have to see it to be believe it. Why will I post this information if the situation you mentioned is true? I don't crave for false reputation or such. although you do have a great mind; i could never think of such a method. but tell me one thing. there is always a tracker involved in any data transfer that takes place. i cannot add the ip address of the supposedly other computer in utorrent in place of the tracker's url and download from it. a tracker is always required. if you don't know the basics of torrenting, you can very well ignore this thread and go on with your life.

AND I cannot post a speedtest because now the speed has gone back to normal. The high speed was there only for about 45 minutes. If I have read the suggestion of posting a speedtest within 45 minutes, I would have posted my speed test.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
pushkar you are downloding the data from your Local Computer. The picture is Computer One have the full downloded data or half data then the computer Two. This person add the local IP address of computer One to computer Two utorrent Client and thats why the Computer Two utorrent client downloding the data from the Local IP address of the Computer One utorrent Client. There is no hispeed downlod from the ISP the High speed downlod from the Local Lan , and this is the true picture.
This person cannot show the www.speedtest.net because the speedtest.net shows the ISP speed not the Local Lan speed.

EXACTLY!!!! :D

uTorrent has a nifty feature called Local Peer Discovery, about which you can read up here. Take a look at the screenshots he has posted:

*i34.tinypic.com/2ed5zc7.jpg

*i38.tinypic.com/15q5h5i.jpg

Notice the little 'L' on the status bar? That indicates that the file is being downloaded from a local peer. :D
Here's a little snippet from uTorrent's help fles:

• The total local peer download speed (with an "L" preceding the speed, assuming µTorrent is downloading at more than 1 KiB/s from local peers)

Nice going, son. You'll do well in life. :D

raksrules

Youngling
Even in Canada the Maximum connection speed (not download speed) available is 10Mbps and they charge around 70 CA$ (70 X 40 INR) with download limit of 95 GB per month.

OP
pushkar

pushkar

Journeyman
@Kl@w-24 Good job buddy :)
This noob pushkar dont know what meterial needs for getting 7MBps downlod speed. For getting 7MBps download speed the line should have the speed capacity atleat 65MBps. This speed needs Fiber Optic Cable not the coper cable and the Router is VDSL or HDSL not the ADSL. The country Sweden have this type of speed for Home User with an Unlimited share.
Yes, I am a noob in relation to the things you said about optic fibre, etc. And I didn't know what that L in utorrent's speed means. Maybe I am downloading from a local peer. It may be possible that someone in the office had the same files downloaded on his utorrent and I am downloading from him. But there is no reason why I will write this just to gain some attention. I really didn't realise that this may be the reason. You people have become so paranoid on the internet that every thread like this seems to you that it has come from an attention seeker. You can check my previous posts in this forum. I have always had a low profile on this forum and I only come to this forum sometime for help. I apologise to all of you if I misguided you.

And indranil please improve your english grammar before calling me a noob. everyone is noob in some aspects of life.

And Kl@w-24, thanks for the informative post. Now I know where the speeds were coming from.

This thread may be deleted. It serves no purpose.

Last edited:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Pushkar is a good fella :)

Do I need to Learn English from you :confused:
Cool Give me some advise
allwase remember
Before saying any comments to other first you have to judge yourself
ahem...I thunk but couldn't resist.

Last edited:
Status