Increase movie sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianarchie

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,

I have a movie which i have copied to the hard disk.It works fine..except tht the sound is barely audible, even with the volume set to full. Is there a way to increase the sound in the movie file?

I have tried maxing the available volume options, but doesnt work!

Waiting for a reply!

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I have had this problem many times and i use video lan VLC player.
*www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

It plays movie at a higher sounds :D

shyam911

Journeyman
try this. open up the volume control and click the advance button and under other controls check the Loudness option.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Use winamp with the izotope Ozone plugin...
Using that you can boos the sound to excessive levels...

I am pretty sure that you are playing a DVD movie... Isn't it? Then the Winamp thing won't work...

swatkat

Technomancer
Open the Volume Control Icon in System Tray, and there increase the sliders of Wave Output Balance and Four Speaker Balance to max.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Also Try encoding ur Movie to .Avi using Virtual Dub and there it has the option of increasing Vloume of a Video
Here are the steps:
1. On the top menu bar, under "Audio", select "AVI Audio" and "Full Processing Mode".
2. If you're overlaying an audio track from somewhere else, you'll need to change the "AVI Audio" to "WAV Audio" and then select the input track.
3. After you've chosen "Full Processing Mode", you'll see the greyed-out "Volume" become available.
4. Click "Audio" then "Volume" and a smaller window will come up that says "Audio Volume".
5. Check the box that says "Adjust Volume of Audio Channels" then set the volume control slider. I find that 250% - 300% is needed for weak input audio tracks, although you get some hiss with that.
6. Click on "OK" and you're done.

Note:this will mean Converting the Entire movie into a .avi video file and with volume increased :)

saROMan

QA Juggler
OK now My problem....i copied some Movies fm my frnds PC..who converted them to avi to save space....now the movie works fine..but Sound doesnot..its hardly audible.......any suggesions??

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
@ saro,
Thats wht is the problem here...

Plz try VLC player..., trust me and use it and fell the difference (coz i have experience, it plays much louder)
*www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I had similar problems with my X-Vid encoded "Band of Brothers". The sound was barely audible. Downloading and installing AC3 Filter helped.

If you are playing the movie in DivX, then this FAQ might help,
*www.divxmovies.com/faq/#4.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom