IIT-JEE problems

utkarsh009

In the zone
^^yah i gave the second round of nso but not imo. it was really bad luck for me not even getting selected in the first round. imo 1st round was too easy and i made 5 silly mistakes. only 2 students who did 3 and 4 mistakes respectively were selected from class 9. (from our school). btw is your board exams over?

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

hey everyone! the most unlucky guy in the world, "utkarsh" is replying here again. i got AIR 4 in nso.

utkarsh009

In the zone
@pauldmps: they'll be giving me rs. 5100. and you asked why unlucky? thats because my father wanted me to take him to delhi for recieving a prize just like i did in class 7 when i got AIR 3 in nco. now they'd not be calling me. i broke my fathers heart. i wasted my whole year. secondly, 1, 2, 3 ranks would be getting 51k, 31k and 21k respectively so am i not unlucky getting 5.1k just because i got rank 4. :-(

nims11

BIOS Terminator
like i said to you earlier, you still have 3 more years...

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

ok guyz i have a doubt, should i learn those radius ratio values of "solid states"?

pauldmps

Banned
@pauldmps: they'll be giving me rs. 5100. and you asked why unlucky? thats because my father wanted me to take him to delhi for recieving a prize just like i did in class 7 when i got AIR 3 in nco. now they'd not be calling me. i broke my fathers heart. i wasted my whole year. secondly, 1, 2, 3 ranks would be getting 51k, 31k and 21k respectively so am i not unlucky getting 5.1k just because i got rank 4. :-(

AIR 4 is not a joke. Imagine getting that rank in about 30k students appearing for the exam. My personal best was about AIR 550 in NCO.

Also the amount of prize has no value. It is the prize which needs to be preserved & cherished. If I were to get a cheque worth 5.1k, I would preserve it instead of encashing it.

utkarsh009

In the zone
^^my personal best was AIR 2 in UCO(unified cyber olympiad) which is organised by unifiedcouncil (which organises nstse) in class 7. it is conducted only till 10th std. and was started 2 years ago. i have still not been able to get AIR 1 but probably this year i'll study hard to achieve AIR 1. ;-)

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

AIR 4 is not a joke. Imagine getting that rank in about 30k students appearing for the exam. My personal best was about AIR 550 in NCO.

Also the amount of prize has no value. It is the prize which needs to be preserved & cherished. If I were to get a cheque worth 5.1k, I would preserve it instead of encashing it.

huh! :-D well i have already wasted all my prize money won till now in upgrading my computer. (see my signature). and i'd probably be wasting another 25k i'll be getting from fiitjee for the 9th class session in buying gfx card and few other stuffs. but i'll be preserving the next 75k i'll be getting for the next 3 sessions. ;-D

utkarsh009

In the zone
^^i have to beg! because they dont like computer and think that i am wasting my money. i am still not sure that they'll let me use those 25k!

pauldmps

Banned
That is a common problem with parents. I haven't upgraded my PC since 5yrs. Atleast they've promised me a laptop this year.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
same here, The monitor of my PC went black many months before and my parents dont want to get it repaired as they think i will pay less attention to studies. now i have to use a very ancient laptop for everything. also i have not been allowed to use a single penny of 15k i received from FIITJEE. i too have been promised a Laptop if i get admission in a collg.

utkarsh009

In the zone
^^cash scholarships as a reward of FTRE (fiitjee talent reward examination). i got AIR 34 and have been awarded 100% fee waiver (though i had to pay 30k as structural fee for 4 years) and 100k cash scholarship which i'll be getting over 4 years.

That is a common problem with parents. I haven't upgraded my PC since 5yrs.

my last config was 6 years old and i used it to play games!!!!!! and do you know that i havent seen a gfx card in reality till now? i have only seen it in pictures. (in digit)

pauldmps

Banned
i havent seen a gfx card in reality till now? i have only seen it in pictures. (in digit)

Same case here. I played games on my onboard graphics.

Fortunately, my mobo has ATI Raedon Xpress 200 series integrated graphics which give better performance than Intel HD ones.So I did enjoy playing games like FEAR & HL2 at 800x600.

I'm hoping that things will change soon !

nims11

BIOS Terminator
^^cash scholarships as a reward of FTRE (fiitjee talent reward examination). i got AIR 34 and have been awarded 100% fee waiver (though i had to pay 30k as structural fee for 4 years) and 100k cash scholarship which i'll be getting over 4 years.

my last config was 6 years old and i used it to play games!!!!!! and do you know that i havent seen a gfx card in reality till now? i have only seen it in pictures. (in digit)

Dude!! me too!! i thought i was the only one not to see a gfxcrd!!

btw seems FIITJEE is increasing the cash scholarship!! i got 15k + 100% fee waiver(had to pay 20K as admission fee) for AIR 138 and a friend of mine got 40k + 100% for AIR something btween 40-50..., a year later one of my junior got 40k for AIR 170!!

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
This may be useful to you guys

*www.youtube.com/user/khanacademy

It has some solved IIT problems in math....may be useful while revising

all the best guys

utkarsh009

In the zone
@nimesh: actually it also depends on your class. if you are in std. 9th then you'll probably join 4-year course so more scholarship. even if you opt for 2-year in std. 9th then they will half the scholarship. all information is given in fiitjee brochure. but yes they are increasing. sthita got AIR 5 and got 100k. next year i applied for the same course and got 100k for AIR 34!!!!!!

pauldmps

Banned
For ico:

1. A ray of light is incident at an angle i on the surface of a prism of very small angle A & emerges out normally from the opposite face. If the refractive index of the material of the prism is u, then the angle of incidence i is nearly equal to:

A. A/u
B. A/2u
C. uA
D. uA/2

2. During the preparation of Ethane by Kolbe's electrolysis using inert electrodes, the pH of the electrolyte:

A. Increases progressively as the reaction proceeds
B. Decreases progressively as the reaction proceeds
C. Remains constant throughout the reaction
D. May decrease if the concentration of the electrolyte is not very high

3. If the equation x^4 - 4x^3 + ax^2 + bx +1 has four roots, then find the value of a+b. [Integer Type]

nims11

BIOS Terminator
1. C
2. D
havin probs in the 3rd one, someone who solves it, please post the solution too...

Top Bottom