i5 4430 OR fx 8350 + a new motherboard required

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
fx 8350 is.

i think harshil meant the i5, not the fx.

ohh and please check, i think the guy probably tried to oc his cpu hence the burn. There is absolutely no problem with using an el-cheapo motherboard.

as i have mentioned earlier, as long as you dont overvolt, you are fine. End of story.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i think harshil meant the i5, not the fx.

ohh and please check, i think the guy probably tried to oc his cpu hence the burn. There is absolutely no problem with using an el-cheapo motherboard.

as i have mentioned earlier, as long as you dont overvolt, you are fine. End of story.

yes of course, he oced it. but u think people buying an FX will not try any overclock in future? spending 2-3k more than those 4k mobos gives u better board with better VRM, more efficient power delivery to cpu.
and u get peace of mind.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
yes of course, he oced it. but u think people buying an FX will not try any overclock in future? spending 2-3k more than those 4k mobos gives u better board with better VRM, more efficient power delivery to cpu.
and u get peace of mind.

lol, i already mentioned no overvolting. no and i dont think ocing a cpu which can pull 200w from the wall is a good idea, no matter how good a motherboard you are using. and it really isnt a very fair argument. you dont build a budget pc for overclocking, if you want to overclock just try and spend a minimum extra 20k.

anyways, overvolting of any cpu component causes reduced life. If you are using it on standard stock configurations a pc can last you 10-15 years easily.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
lol, i already mentioned no overvolting. no and i dont think ocing a cpu which can pull 200w from the wall is a good idea, no matter how good a motherboard you are using. and it really isnt a very fair argument. you dont build a budget pc for overclocking, if you want to overclock just try and spend a minimum extra 20k.

anyways, overvolting of any cpu component causes reduced life. If you are using it on standard stock configurations a pc can last you 10-15 years easily.

:facepalm:

1. fx 8350 is 12k cpu which by no means is a budget cpu. u wont put it in a 40-50k 'whole' pc rig.
2. overclocking doesnt mean over volting.
3. who runs a pc 10-15 years for gaming? u still use a pentium 3?

if u have the right component to overclock and u know what u are doing, then it isnt that dangerous.
thats what is the point of me posting those links, use right component.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
NoasArcAngel, Do you think anyone here is going to keep your PC for 15 years? AMD Black Editions and Intel K series are designed to run at their standard clock speed and really do have best part of the silicon wafer. So overclocking will reduce life span for those Processors which are designed for overclocking is not really a good assumption. So getting a el cheapo motherboard with a high end processor is not at all recommended, even if you are not doing some serious overclocking.

Regarding the benchmark results you have posted, isn't clear that Far Cry 3 is more of a GPU dependent game rather than CPU? Granted i3 is beating FX-8350 but it is also performing same as the i5 3550 which is twice costlier than the i3 3220 in India. So the game is not at all using the potentials of any of the high end CPU tested over there. In Tomb Raider scaling, isn't it clear how a dual core CPU is suffering to keep up with the cheapest Quad Cores from AMD? And as always, when it comes to post game benchmarks, you forgot to post about the Crysis 3 benchmark. Reason: It shows how a multi-threaded optimized game scales better in processors with 4 or higher cores. Here i3 3220 gets beaten by even Trinity A8-5600K which when paired with a powerful GPU like GTX 680, and not by 1 or 2 FPS but by 10+ FPS, even the APUs lacks L3 Cache.
You are also not considering the facts that most of the game developers are stating that all their futures titles are gonna be optimized for multi-core CPU.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
:facepalm:

1. fx 8350 is 12k cpu which by no means is a budget cpu. u wont put it in a 40-50k 'whole' pc rig.
2. overclocking doesnt mean over volting.
3. who runs a pc 10-15 years for gaming? u still use a pentium 3?

if u have the right component to overclock and u know what u are doing, then it isnt that dangerous.
thats what is the point of me posting those links, use right component.

yes for all intents and purposes i am using a celeron its 1.1ghz ... 128mb ram 40gb hdd... ? any thoughts on what should be my next pc?

NoasArcAngel, Do you think anyone here is going to keep your PC for 15 years? AMD Black Editions and Intel K series are designed to run at their standard clock speed and really do have best part of the silicon wafer. So overclocking will reduce life span for those Processors which are designed for overclocking is not really a good assumption. So getting a el cheapo motherboard with a high end processor is not at all recommended, even if you are not doing some serious overclocking.

get your facts right, the processors no matter how extreme it is built on the same damn, silicon wafer. So lets try and not even go into that area, it does reduce the overall life of the component. And ask any electronics engineer about it.

Regarding the benchmark results you have posted, isn't clear that Far Cry 3 is more of a GPU dependent game rather than CPU? Granted i3 is beating FX-8350 but it is also performing same as the i5 3550 which is twice costlier than the i3 3220 in India. So the game is not at all using the potentials of any of the high end CPU tested over there. In Tomb Raider scaling, isn't it clear how a dual core CPU is suffering to keep up with the cheapest Quad Cores from AMD? And as always, when it comes to post game benchmarks, you forgot to post about the Crysis 3 benchmark. Reason: It shows how a multi-threaded optimized game scales better in processors with 4 or higher cores. Here i3 3220 gets beaten by even Trinity A8-5600K which when paired with a powerful GPU like GTX 680, and not by 1 or 2 FPS but by 10+ FPS, even the APUs lacks L3 Cache.
You are also not considering the facts that most of the game developers are stating that all their futures titles are gonna be optimized for multi-core CPU.

cilus you arent a game dev. i dont agree with what you say and let the benchmarks do all the talking in the future. everyone is entitled to their opinion are they not?

Reason i forgot to post the crysis benchmark : most unoptimized game ever made. If it can bring a gtx 690 @ 1024x768 with max settings to 35fps. I dont think what you mean by " the best gaming rig money can buy, yet still gives 35 fps :( "

if i were you i wouldnt bring up this topic, but if you say so here :

*www.overclock.net/content/type/61/id/1302786/width/350/height/700/flags/LL

*pclab.pl/zdjecia/artykuly/chaostheory/2013/02/crysis3/crysis3_cpua_human_1024.png

so cilus, where is the a10 5800k beating the i3 3220 by 10 FPS ?!

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
I did some study some engineering in some phases of my life and I do have a little inside about how a silicon wafer is turned into a Chip and no doubt I have a better understanding that you do.

You got a serious problem mate, serous one, for biasing your posts. And 1024X768, ask OP if he is going to play game on that resolution.
Here is the benchmark:
*static.techspot.com/articles-info/642/bench/CPU_03.png

ankush28

Bazinga
Processor - AMD FX6100 7300

Motherboard - MSI 760GM ₹2899

Graphic Card -
Sapphire ATI HD 7770 ₹8555

RAM -
Corsair DDR3 (1 x 4gb) ₹2299

Hard Disk -
Seagate 500 GB ₹3295

Monitor -
S2240L 21.5 inch ₹9396 (IMO you should get a 20inch from Dell, cuz bigger monitor = slower games)

Power Supply -
Corsair VS550 ₹3500

DVD Writer -
Asus DRW ₹1119

Mouse -
Lenovo M6811 USB 2.0 ₹657

Keyboard -
Logitech K100 ₹409

Cabinet - Cooler Master Elite 310 (Get from Nehru Place)
₹2000

TOTALS -
₹41,429

affiliate links are not allowed remove them

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
I did some study some engineering in some phases of my life and I do have a little inside about how a silicon wafer is turned into a Chip and no doubt I have a better understanding that you do.

You got a serious problem mate, serous one, for biasing your posts. And 1024X768, ask OP if he is going to play game on that resolution.
Here is the benchmark:
*static.techspot.com/articles-info/642/bench/CPU_03.png

the question to ask op is if he will play on medium settings :lol:

ofcourse you have a better understanding than me, im just some jock on some forum posting replies which piss of people. :)

*media.bestofmicro.com/O/M/375430/original/Crysis3-CPU.png

its amazing to see how the fx 8350 only has 4 more minimum fps than the i3 3220.

the case in point : game is unplayable. since minimum fps < 30

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
the question to ask op is if he will play on medium settings :lol:

ofcourse you have a better understanding than me, im just some jock on some forum posting replies which piss of people. :)

its amazing to see how the fx 8350 only has 4 more minimum fps than the i3 3220.

the case in point : game is unplayable. since minimum fps < 30

so since u posted a bench from toms, it was good if u had read this below -
Having said that, AMD's FX-8350 provides serviceable Crysis 3 game play. Despite the frame rate valley we experienced in our benchmark run, this CPU achieves smoother performance on average. Perhaps this is something Crytek will be able to address through a future update.

that minimum 21 fps can mean a lot of things unless u provide a fps chart over time ;)
so in this case u will have to rely on their write up.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
so since u posted a bench from toms, it was good if u had read this below -

that minimum 21 fps can mean a lot of things unless u provide a fps chart over time ;)
so in this case u will have to rely on their write up.

to be very clear, i have played games for almost a decade. Not only limited to cs 1.6 and gran turismo. The point is fps graph over time or no, once the fps drops to 21 even for 2 seconds the whole game is ruined. No point justifying, as its on the borderline on stupidity. And if i am the only fool here who thinks so, ask this question to the gamers.

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
the point is whole game unplayable because of just one dip to 21 is wrong imo, even when those who played on this machine report smooth performance on average.
if it was for continuous ups and downs then it will not be playable.
just my opinion. and i do play a lot of games, see my sig.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
If you don't like tomshardware's conclusion who actuality tested it by playing the game n watching all the ups n down then don't post graph from their site. You are at the end not as talented as them.
And regarding what you've posted about yourself is pretty much right. You are really that.
Don't question me about what I know, I only post what I know unlike you. I have hands on experience in VLSI chip design in one of the Research institute in India n I really understand how things work inside a chip unlike you for whom previews are only hope although you don't understand them.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@NoasArcAngel

Buddy i often go to cilus's house and have gaming sessions there. Crysis 3 absolutely runs fine with his 8350 + 7950 combo, that too in a mix of ultra + high settings.
Absolutely smooth and i really vouch for that. 8350 is actually a good cpu for gaming for people on a budget. AMD's gaming evolved program is getting all set now to improve gaming performance in their cpu's , since gaming consoles feature 8 core cpu's. No doubt that clock per clock, Intel is ahead, but AMD is giving more cores at far cheaper prices. These will prove advantageous when games start to become multicore optimized, starting from crysis 3.

The only drawback is the power consumption, which can be overlooked by most. Future cpu's will definitely address that.
And crysis 3 is definitely optimized. My system can play it in 1600x900 with low + medium combinations. Its pretty smooth.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
If you don't like tomshardware's conclusion who actuality tested it by playing the game n watching all the ups n down then don't post graph from their site. You are at the end not as talented as them.
And regarding what you've posted about yourself is pretty much right. You are really that.
Don't question me about what I know, I only post what I know unlike you. I have hands on experience in VLSI chip design in one of the Research institute in India n I really understand how things work inside a chip unlike you for whom previews are only hope although you don't understand them.

ohh and i think that if tomshardware is the authority on tech then you should check this also :

in all of tomshardware DIY, system builder marathon, IN NO RIG HAVE THEY SUGGESTED A FX 8350 . SO MUCH FOR ........

*www.tomshardware.com/reviews/mini-itx-build-it-yourself-overclocking,3510.html

so the question is are you really more talented than toms guys?

but i am sure, being the amd fans people here are... you will come up with some absurd way to defend your article.

;)

if you didnt read the tomshardware article carefully enough they also say... :

@jaskanwar :

Most surprising to us is Crysis 3's processor requirements. Our benchmark sequence revealed a huge bottleneck that required a Core i5 or i7 just to maintain a 30 FPS minimum frame rate. Although AMD's FX-8350 achieved an average frame rate equivalent to the Core i5-3550, its minimum dips to 21 FPS, causing us to back off from awarding a full recommendation. If a performance-enhancing patch is rolled out, as it was with Skyrim, we'll certainly reconsider.

you were saying?

so i did manage to piss you off? :D :lol:

and is that a personal attack by a mod? cilus you have really outdone yourself. Congratulations on the wonderful job.

And dont bullshit me about what you know and what you dont. I used to think you were knowledgeable until you mentioned :

crysis 3 is scaling really well on the i7 39xx processor and is using all 12 threads.

In the above config, change the following things:-
MOTHERBOARD : Asus M5a990fx r2.0 @ 10.2k
HDD: Toshiba 2 TB
PSU: Seasonic S12II 620

Also the price of the gpu is not 20k, it is 21.5k including VAT

NoacArcAngle, even the avg fps is also higher in Crysis 3 with the higher core processors. What are you trying to prove?
In FC3, both 3570 and fx-8350 are neck to neck and the 3k extra price isn't justified. In Crysis 3, Fx8350 is ahead. In fact, Crysis 3 is happy to use 12 threads of 3960X and really scaling well in all the cores.

*www.overclock.net/content/type/61/id/1302786/width/350/height/700/flags/LL

i got my answer that day.

and talent? ... if you know so much why dont you go and work in semiconductor fabrication? ofcourse, right because you are a software dev by choice and compulsion.

so see, i stay within my boundaries and i accept my weakness. You on the other hand are just always on the defensive. I think this reply has more than just served its purpose. And most of the old members agree tdf has gone crazy, specially this section of the forum.

as to who i am, what i am is a different story altogether, If you ever visit delhi, take my number gimme a call and then we will see :)
(and no that is not a threat, but a friendly invite)

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Listen buddy, Its does not matter what you think of me, knowledgeable or not, its does not matter really. And its only you who thinks the forum gone crazy. The fact is quiet opposite actually. Still we get maximum number of posts asking for their PC buying guidance than any other forums and each of them gets satisfied by our suggestions and get it clear, nobody takes you seriously, no matter how much you shout with your posts.
Why I am working here and not there, that is a entirely different question but I just stated that I have some knowledge about inside of architecture and semiconductor manufacturing process due to my training in different phases.
get your facts right, the processors no matter how extreme it is built on the same damn, silicon wafer. So lets try and not even go into that area, it does reduce the overall life of the component. And ask any electronics engineer about it.
Isn't it you who was asking about me being have some knowledge about Electronics Engineering? Now when I said I do have some, you went nuts...what's the problem, can't accept it? Frankly, did you even see a PCB in paper before the board was prepared? Really you don't have any idea about chip manufacturing and shouts like you are the creator of VLSI techniques.

Let me justify: In Tomshardware system builder marathon, they don't include the AMD processors because the price is pretty different in India and US. Here you need to pay 11.5K for getting a 3570K, we need to pay 14.5K+ whereas in US both are available at the same price range, around $200. I don't understand why this simple fact didn't get inside your head, probably too thick to penetrate.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
Listen buddy, Its does not matter what you think of me, knowledgeable or not, its does not matter really. And its only you who thinks the forum gone crazy. The fact is quiet opposite actually. Still we get maximum number of posts asking for their PC buying guidance than any other forums and each of them gets satisfied by our suggestions and get it clear, nobody takes you seriously, no matter how much you shout with your posts.
Why I am working here and not there, that is a entirely different question but I just stated that I have some knowledge about inside of architecture and semiconductor manufacturing process due to my training in different phases.

Isn't it you who was asking about me being have some knowledge about Electronics Engineering? Now when I said I do have some, you went nuts...what's the problem, can't accept it? Frankly, did you even see a PCB in paper before the board was prepared? Really you don't have any idea about chip manufacturing and shouts like you are the creator of VLSI techniques.

Let me justify: In Tomshardware system builder marathon, they don't include the AMD processors because the price is pretty different in India and US. Here you need to pay 11.5K for getting a 3570K, we need to pay 14.5K+ whereas in US both are available at the same price range, around $200. I don't understand why this simple fact didn't get inside your head, probably too thick to penetrate.

you are desperate to prove your point as i mentioned earlier. i accept my mistake. Instead of pointing fingers why dont you melt a hole in your skull so you can actually listen to others for once?

dont take me seriously. lol do i care? no. . its only you who is arguing.

well there is a difference of 20$. in the price of the fx 8350 and the i5 3570. Secondly the fx 8350 is for 13k on prime, and the i5 3570k is for 15k, even in dollar terms there is a clear difference of 1200rs already.

even if you take the 800rs difference into account, you forget to mention if you overclock a fx 8350 not only do you need a really beefy and steady psu, but also a good board and also a better cooler.
So in all you end up spending really a difference of 3-4k extra than what you would have spent on an intel

so your argument that prices are different and this and that is proven wrong.

did i claim i developed vlsi? to clarify my statement, i will put it again in simple english
what i meant to say was that the silicon is the same thats like saying you build a house with bricks, however the design of the house may be different and hence you are still using the same bricks to make the house arranged in a different way. the manufacturing process may be different. and when you overclock a processor, or any electronic component beyond what it is supposed to run at you are at the risk of reducing its life. this is plain and simple common sense. You dont need to be an engineer to know about this.

some knowledge? then dont speak man, just dont. or accept your mistake and move on.

see this is exactly your problem, now you are giving justification as to why tomshardware is wrong and you are right. just a few moments ago tomshardware was your bible. No matter how people perceive me, in a group of intellectuals you would be the one wandering without credibility and not me.

even now, you are not ready to accept your mistake that crysis does not make use of more than 8 threads. This is your level of acceptance. Which is zero.

wow.

and people tell me i bullshit.

anyways i think or rather i am totally convinced that this forum is run by amd reps. You generate traffic and suggest amd from a 40k rig to a 150k rig. Its just amd, amd and amd. I am not against amd. but please look at the requirements before making a suggestion.

Last edited:
Top Bottom