i5 4430 OR fx 8350 + a new motherboard required

OP
sksundram

sksundram

In the zone
Guys...just chill...
I went through each and every reply. Some jargons went through my head and some went over it.:-D I did my personal research also on which CPU to choose for my budget. I am really thankful for all the guys who posted their opinions here. I might not be a tech head but what I concluded is summarized here:

1. Each of individual 8 cores is SLOWER in fx 8350 than each of individual 4 cores in i5 3570k (No doubt about it)
2. If I do a lot of multitasking (game @ ultra settings with Photoshop/rendering in the background) - go with fx 8350 (This is not ME)
3. If a game uses 6 cores or more - go with fx 8350 (but that percentage of games is too low to be considered for now)
4. Playing one game at a time with low/moderate tasks opened in the background - go with i5 3570k ( This is ME :-D)
5. Tomshardware put i5 3570k on a higher postion in their gaming CPU hierarchy than fx 8350 (but the difference is marginal)
6. i5 3570k consumes less power than fx 8350 ( :shock: BIG issue for me as I have to pay INR 7/Unit and my future PC will be ON 10/7)

Now guys... I decided to go with i5 3570k (INR 13K), BUT again there's a confusion.:mrgreen:

Since i5 3570k is 3rd gen, I want to go with Haswell.

1. Suggest me a 4th gen Haswell based processor which gives me similar/more performance with i5 3570K, can be overclocked and is in the budget of 13K

2. A complementing MOBO -

3. PSU - Seasonic S12II 620 Watts (is it fine or should i go with PSU with 520 watts?)
*www.flipkart.com/seasonic-s12ii-620-watts-psu/p/itmd5xz46hjzzrax

4. GPU - Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 OC 2GB

5. RAM - G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GB (F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL)

WHAT COULD BE THE FINAL BUDGET FOR THE ABOVE MENTIONED CONFIG?

Last edited:
Guys...just chill...
I went through each and every reply. Some jargons went through my head and some went over it.:-D I did my personal research also on which CPU to choose for my budget. I am really thankful for all the guys who posted their opinions here. I might not be a tech head but what I concluded is summarized here:

1. Each of individual 8 cores is SLOWER in fx 8350 than each of individual 4 cores in i5 3570k (No doubt about it)
2. If I do a lot of multitasking (game @ ultra settings with Photoshop/rendering in the background) - go with fx 8350 (This is not ME)
3. If a game uses 6 cores or more - go with fx 8350 (but that percentage of games is too low to be considered for now)
4. Playing one game at a time with low/moderate tasks opened in the background - go with i5 3570k ( This is ME :-D)
5. Tomshardware put i5 3570k on a higher postion in their gaming CPU hierarchy than fx 8350 (but the difference is marginal)
6. i5 3570k consumes less power than fx 8350 ( :shock: BIG issue for me as I have to pay INR 7/Unit and my future PC will be ON 10/7)

Now guys... I decided to go with i5 3570k (INR 13K), BUT again there's a confusion.:mrgreen:

Since i5 3570k is 3rd gen, I want to go with Haswell.

1. Suggest me a 4th gen Haswell based processor which gives me similar/more performance with i5 3570K, can be overclocked and is in the budget of 13K

2. A complementing MOBO -

3. PSU - Seasonic S12II 620 Watts (is it fine or should i go with PSU with 520 watts?)
Seasonic S12II 620 Watts PSU - Seasonic: Flipkart.com

4. GPU - Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 OC 2GB

5. RAM - G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GB (F3-12800CL9S-4GBXL)

WHAT COULD BE THE FINAL BUDGET FOR THE ABOVE MENTIONED CONFIG?

> the cheapest overclockable i5 4xxx available in India is i5 4670k and it's available for 16k (on theitdepot). So, with Ivy bridge, your upgrade path is closed, though you may not need to upgrade. You can check the price of i5 3570k and a z77 board and FX 8350 and its board and get the cheaper one.

> 520W psu is enough. get Seasonic S12II 520W.

Cilus

laborare est orare
i5 3570K will be a real good choice for gaming if you can afford the total cost. But just to remember you, if you plan to upgrade after 2 years or even after 1 and half years, I don't think you'll find any Ivy Bridge available on that time of if you find one, they will be as costly as the processors of that time. So in that case you need to go for a CPU + Motherboard upgrade. Now if you go with Haswell or Piledriver (AMD current FX series), you wll be safe in both the cases.
Regrading power consumption, I don't think you have to pay more than 70/80 bucks extra for a FX-8350 over an Intel counter part. And regarding Multi-threading in gaming, if you are going to use % calculation then it will be completely misleading. This optimizations are mainly taking places in recent years and consider the games which are released at that time period, not every possible games because the older games for sure won't have proper optimization for it.
And since the current generation consoles are having 8 Core X86 based cores, most of the game developers are now optimizing the games for dividing the tasks among multiple cores instead of IPC of a single core. IPC is more or less reaching its saturation and if you look at the improvement in performance from one gen to another gen Intel processors. From Core2Duo to Nehalem (1st Gen i series), the improvement was 100% some times, and from Nehalem to Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge....a i7 2600K can perform 96% of the Gulf Town based 6 Core COre i7 980X. But now Ivy Bridge to Haswell, it is mere 7%.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
And then with Haswell you just cant buy any PSU technically. All the Seasonics above 750 watts barring the M12s [which do come in 750 watter and cheap] are compatible with Haswell. So you have to spend more on the PSU and a good quality Motherboard if going for a overclockable Haswell. And that will eat in to your GPU budget which will return you less FPS,I hope thats not you!

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
u r going with 3570k and 7850. 3570 isnt going to help u much in gaming as a gpu. and it isnt available for 13k anywhere.

get this,
Intel Core i5-3450 - 10400
Intel DZ75ML-45K - 4663
G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL - 2100
Sapphire HD7870 XT 2GB Boost - 18000
Corsair GS600 - 4799
Corsair Carbide 200R - 3449

Total - 43411

will serve u fine. or u may go with fx8350 at max considering ur budget.

OP
sksundram

sksundram

In the zone
@The Incinerator yeah! you are right. Intel is now seriously pissing me off. I don't understand. They introduced Haswell chips which consume less power but at the same time they messed its ULP state which caused power supplies to fail. Now I am definitely not going to screw my budget (It's already too much screwed!!).

But what about fx 8350. Isn't it going to need 3rd party cooler even when NOT OCed?

What's the best MOBO to go with fx 8350 under 6K?

@Jaskanwar Singh as of today 3570k is available at 13k in Nehru Place,New Delhi. (No doubt about it)

@The Incinerator yeah! you are right. Intel is now seriously pissing me off. I don't understand. They introduced Haswell chips which consume less power but at the same time they messed its ULP state which caused power supplies to fail. Now I am definitely not going to screw my budget (It's already too much screwed!!).

But what about fx 8350. Isn't it going to need 3rd party cooler even when NOT OCed?

@Jaskanwar Singh as of today 3570k is available at 13k in Nehru Place,New Delhi. (No doubt about it)

> you wont need an aftermarker cooler if you aren't overclocking.

> Under 6k? none. FX 8350 is a 125+ W chip and has 8 cores, so it requires better VRMs. At least get Asus M5A97 R2.0 (~7k)

AKRICK

Broken In
View attachment 11286

Good decision ! Get the best possible CPU + GPU for now.
Check out the attached benchmarks...Intel i5 3470 clearly beets Amd FX 8350
So, here is how the configuration looks right now -

Processor - Intel i5 3470 ₹12,400

Motherboard -
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H ₹4350

Graphic Card -
Gigabyte ATI 7850 OC 2 GB ₹15333

RAM -
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 (1 x 8 GB) ₹4650

Power Supply -
Corsair VS650 ₹4600

Cabinet - Cooler Master Elite 310 ₹2000

TOTALS - 43,333
^+1 to this ............Except GPU--GTX 650 ti boost 2 gb ddr5 (around 11.5k)+ PSU ---Seasonic sii2 520w 80+ bronze(3.8k)

ASHISH65

Technomancer
And then with Haswell you just cant buy any PSU technically. All the Seasonics above 750 watts barring the M12s [which do come in 750 watter and cheap] are compatible with Haswell. So you have to spend more on the PSU and a good quality Motherboard if going for a overclockable Haswell. And that will eat in to your GPU budget which will return you less FPS,I hope thats not you!

Dude update yourself, Those power states are already disabled by motherboard.

The big Haswell PSU compatibility list - The Tech Report - Page 1

Before we proceed, we should be clear about one thing: you don't, strictly speaking, need one of these "Haswell-ready" PSUs to build a Haswell system. Corsair told us that it "fully expects" motherboard makers to let users disable the new low-power power state in the firmware. Cooler Master went even further, stating that, to its knowledge, "all mainboard vendors" will disable the new low-power state in their boards by default. In other words, you may never encounter any issues even if you pair a Haswell platform with an incompatible power supply.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

no, haswell consumes more power at load for more performance. idle is less.
AnandTech | The Haswell Review: Intel Core i7-4770K & i5-4670K Tested

can u confirm if its with or without VAT. and how much is the VAT if its without VAT.

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Dude update yourself, Those power states are already disabled by motherboard.

The big Haswell PSU compatibility list - The Tech Report - Page 1

That is not a way around.We are all aware of that. Disabling a feature to get past a problem? I put my computer to sleep a lot of time,so I dont buy that.

OP
sksundram

sksundram

In the zone
final build :

Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7850 HDMI OC Edition 2 GB GDDR5 GPU
amd fx 8350 CPU
Corsair GS600 PSU
G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL RAM
Corsair Carbide 200R CASE

The above config will cost me around 39K

I have not added mobo here coz i don't find a suitable mobo under 6/7K which has 2 front headers for usb 3.0.

HELP!

is FX 8350 AND FX 8350 BLACK EDITION same?

Last edited:

saz

Journeyman
I have not added mobo here coz i don't find a suitable mobo under 6/7K which has 2 front headers for usb 3.0.

I was looking for a decent AM3+ motherboard a few days back, in 6-7k budget I found Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 was available at SMC International @6.6K. But currently their site is down, so you can call them and ask the representative.

OP
sksundram

sksundram

In the zone
so i decided to go with M5A97 EVO R2.0

the final build now:

Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7850 HDMI OC Edition 2 GB GDDR5 [GPU]
amd fx 8350 [CPU]
Corsair GS600 [PSU]
G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBXL [RAM]
Corsair Carbide 200R [CASE]
M5A97 EVO R2.0 [MOBO] :mrgreen: