I hate Macs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@ goobimama

You are also a Mac user, but not a macboy, this is how it should be. U Should know the flaws of your device & admit it

@ Vimal

there are games, yes, but they are OpenGL based....which means not many. DirectX & Windows rules the gaming market.

borg

In the zone
All this talk of fanboyism applies to Linux users too. Infact it applies to Linux guys more than it applies to Mac users. Linux fanatics are the biggest elitists & extremists of the lot. They hate Microsoft & think that it is evil!. And that Linux is some kind of angel which is designed fight this evil!. Bullshit!.

PS: The real war starts now...now that I brought Linux into this.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
for some reason ... all apple users feel and share steve jobs' pain of loosing to the genius gates ... i guess all apple products emit steve jobs' pain ... u touch it and u feel it .... touch a mac and all of a sudden u start feeling tht gates' is a cheat windows sux and apple is the best ... all touch of a button .... thts the technology apple uses and no 1 knows abt ... 'itouch pity' -its called .... and 'i' is the lucky apple alphabet

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
mail2and said:
Oh, yes. Many worlds. Finance, Politics, Current Affairs. For meaningful debates, search for debates between me and Yamaraj. I love discussing stuff with people who know.

I am a normal person, with a computer. It's not a part of my life, it's just a machine that I use. I've got far more important things in life to do, than to worry about computers. :)

A couple of other very distinguished members have given up arguing with you, because of your posts. Would you want me to mention that?

So better stick to that field. You know nothing about Windows and also not much of Mac history which is evident from the OS 9 issue.

And stop behaving too childishly mentioning names of others here. That's the last thing one will do as a looser. Never forget, you are in Fight Club here. One is bound to get into arguements. It has happened in the past & will happen in future too. No question of giving up. Better read the quotes for Fight Club and enter here.

Last edited:

mediator

Technomancer
borg said:
All this talk of fanboyism applies to Linux users too. Infact it applies to Linux guys more than it applies to Mac users. Linux fanatics are the biggest elitists & extremists of the lot. They hate Microsoft & think that it is evil!. And that Linux is some kind of angel which is designed fight this evil!. Bullshit!.

PS: The real war starts now...now that I brought Linux into this.
Sorry, but I don't know why people confuse windows haters with MS haters. I hate MS-Xp and its predecessors because I have experienced them a lot. I dunno about VISTA, so I cant say much about it, but only expect goodies from it. On the other hand, I luv MS-Office, VMware and agree linux is inferior in gaming department. So please clear ur confusion about linux users (refer to bolded part) and stop dragging other OS and its users into the debate! :)

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
Kiran_tech_mania said:
So better stick to that field. You know nothing about Windows and also not much of Mac history which is evident from the OS 9 issue.

What about the OS 9 issue? OS 9 belongs to Apple. You clubbed it with XP, 9x and that is why I laughed. FYI, I emulate and run OS 9 in Classic mode a couple of times every week.

Well, as for knowing stuff about Windows, I bet I can beat you any day hands down. :)

And stop behaving too childishly mentioning names of others here. That's the last thing one will do as a looser.

Well, despite being a l'oo'ser, I've got a great life. :)

I couldn't thank god less for the amazing life that I've got.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@Borg

linux users do act same, but they are learners. Atleast they don't act elite, & they know there are not upto Windows in desktop usability department, but they admit they are catching up preety fast. Plz don't bring linux war here

@mav3

you again hit the nail. Steve jobs launched the Mac before Windows 1.0, he could have been the world's most richest person, his product could have been world most used OS/Hardware brand, but he lost to the serious & proper marketing methods of Bill gates with a good compeling product which was able to install on any X86 PC unlike Mac. MS littrally made the computing world what it is today, not Apple. Obviously Steve Jobs & Macboys are jealous of the success of Microsoft & it's users on many things :D

@ vimal

Half life 2 is not available, but it could be. The thing is, unlike ID software Valve, & many other game developers make their Game engine in DirectX, which cannot be ported to MacOS X

There is an OpenGL fallback engine in Half life 2, but it's nothing like DirectX engine & also its there just for compatibility purpose. Most of the games out there for Mac are due to id softwares game engine only

Vyasram

The pWnster
i've worked in all the three environments(windows and linux mostly and very little mac exposure), i've found linux to be the most stable of all and i'm using it most of the time now.

borg said:
And that Linux is some kind of angel which is designed fight this evil!. Bullshit!.

rather, i consider linux as the only free alternative available to users from paid OSes and the only way to curb piracy

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
mail2and said:
Well, as for knowing stuff about Windows, I bet I can beat you any day hands down. :)

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

U made my day man:D, sorry, boy

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Andy I believe Minisha Lamba isn't the most beautiful woman in Bollywood, let's have a new thread on that.
kiran it's psychology
gx what's modular got to do with portability please explain. I genuinely don't know much about it.
And you don't follow your signature do you.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
woops, sorry...thanx for reminding me mehul

about modular & portable, will tell u in conf

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
gx_saurav said:
you again hit the nail. Steve jobs launched the Mac before Windows 1.0, he could have been the world's most richest person, his product could have been world most used OS/Hardware brand, but he lost to the serious & proper marketing methods of Bill gates with a good compeling product which was able to install on any X86 PC unlike Mac. MS littrally made the computing world what it is today, not Apple. Obviously Steve Jobs & Macboys are jealous of the success of Microsoft & it's users on many things :D

Lol. Your level of ignorance baffles me. During Apple's lull, John Sculley was the CEO, and not Steve Jobs. In fact, Sculley, a former Pepsi CEO, got Steve Jobs out of his own company.

From 1985 to 1997, Steve Jobs was not a part of Apple. From a dominant position in the early 80s, Apple lost out on market share, primarily because of Sculley.

In 1997, when Apple was very close to selling out, they bought out NEXT, an OS created and designed to stay platform independent(PPC and x86) by Steve Jobs. This marked the re-entry of Jobs into Apple.

As for Microsoft's success, the credit goes to Paul Allen and Bill Gates.

U made my day man:D, sorry, boy

So, you're very confident of kiran_tech_mania's skills? Good to see.

about modular & portable, will tell u in conf

why not here? Because you have got nothing to say, have you?

True. There is not one modern OS that runs as well as Slackware(XFCE) on a 500 Mhz P3 with 128 MB Ram. I can say that because I had run zenwalk(a slack fork) in Virtual PC(PPC->x86). It ran faster than any version of Windows. :)

Linux is probably the answer to Windows, because it is platform independent and more importantly, manufacturer independent.

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
P.S. I M just sticking to whats correct, no point arguing with macboys :)

andy said:
So, you're very confident of kiran_tech_mania's skills? Good to see.

Nope, not him. but what you said about your knowledge of Windows OS

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
mail2and said:
What about the OS 9 issue? OS 9 belongs to Apple. You clubbed it with XP, 9x and that is why I laughed. FYI, I emulate and run OS 9 in Classic mode a couple of times every week.

:D Hmmm.... Grow up man...

tech_your_future said:
kiran it's psychology

Okay! ;)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
mail2and said:
Lol. Your level of ignorance baffles me. During Apple's lull, John Sculley was the CEO, and not Steve Jobs. In fact, Sculley, a former Pepsi CEO, got Steve Jobs out of his own company.

From 1985 to 1997, Steve Jobs was not a part of Apple. From a dominant position in the early 80s, Apple lost out on market share, primarily because of Sculley.

In 1997, when Apple was very close to selling out, they bought out NEXT, an OS created and designed to stay platform independent(PPC and x86) by Steve Jobs. This marked the re-entry of Jobs into Apple.
.... the ipity technology i was talking about

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
vimal_mehrotra said:
same Q i was gonna ask:D:D:D

isnt thr s/w or sumthin with which Windows games can be played on it (similar to linux)

btw, wat about HDD upgrades? do we have to buy frm Apple only or others work:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom