I hate Macs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
s18000rpm said:
btw, wat about HDD upgrades? do we have to buy frm Apple only or others work:confused:

Unlike other computers, you can open up Macs. They don't have any 'warranty' seal or something like that. So, unless you break something, you can replace your hard disk, RAM, Processor etc(in some models) without voiding your warranty. However, you can not replace the motherboard yourself.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
so tat means we can also upgrade a Core2Duo (on supported Mac).
e.g. frm basic e6400 to extreme edition C2D.

wat gfx. card (onboard/dedicated) do Mac usually come with.

Aberforth

The Internationalist
mAV3 said:
... sitting in front of a computer screen and thinking its the best and has no flaws doesnt make it the best

mail2and said:
I would love to meet the person who says that any platform is flawless. As long as it is made by made, it will have flaws.

As long as a man makes it, it can be broken. :)

Didn't see such contradictory statements...

Mac isn't best, its tied to a hardware, is overpriced, gets people possessed but its still good because its stable and easy to use. Don't agree with looks though, I hate the look of Macbooks and OS X interface both.

borg said:
Infact it applies to Linux guys more than it applies to Mac users. Linux fanatics are the biggest elitists & extremists of the lot. They hate Microsoft & think that it is evil!

Not all Linux users are like that. Some do believe it has drawbacks and do want to help Linux overcoming them. There are always extremists in all sides, someone who only recently shifted to Linux wants to feel and think himself a-class-apart, some kind of elite. Experienced Linux users and developers are different, borg and they are a lot nicer and they understand why people still like Windows and how can Linux be made better to cater to them.

Someone even went to claim people who don't use Linux don't understand the meaning of freedom and then threatens me to change my views before its too late....scary, these are the people who scare away others from shifting to Linux, they try to keep Linux like an underground elitist cult - far from humanity which Linux stands for.

mAV3 said:
'itouch pity' -its called .... and 'i' is the lucky apple alphabet

iHateWindows more like. :p

tech_your_future said:
Andy I believe Minisha Lamba isn't the most beautiful woman in Bollywood, let's have a new thread on that.

tech_your_future, watch out. Someone wouldn't like it and come to claim you have no sense of beauty and no experience in watching Bollywood movies and you either change your perception of Minisha Lamba before its too late... :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
there is no reason buying a high end gfx card in macs, cos these gfx cards are meant for games, & Mac hardly got games. Even the GMA 950 or upcoming GMA X3000 is enough to run MacOS X UI. Apple should switch to Intel onboard graphics now, atleast this will cut cost. They support full openGL 2.0 in hardware anyway which is what Aqua is based on

On Mac pro, the story is different, it's a workstation, so quadro or FireGL are required. Right now mac mini comes with onboard GMA 950, iMac comes with ATI graphics which is gaming grade, while Mac Pro comes with 3 options only, & you cannot install any other card other then these 3. Check apple hardware page to find more

For HD, you have to buy from Apple, the Mac Pro comes with custom HD connectors, which although are SATA based, but are not like the general SATA wires or pwoer connector (wonder why). iMac & mac mini...well, they are hardly user upgradable, so again you will need to call apple service, & they won't let you put in your own HD :)

Unlike PCs,you cannot just go in the market & buy a hardware if you want to install in Mac, there are huge compability issues with firmware & motherboards in Mac. Normal PC components other then those not requiring a driver, don't work. Such as RAM or HD

Last edited:

Aberforth

The Internationalist
gx_saurav said:
there is no reason buying a high end gfx card in macs, cos these gfx cards are meant for games, & Mac hardly got games. Even the GMA 950 or upcoming GMA X3000 is enough to run MacOS X UI.

I think its because intel based Macs have Windows too which means games which points to graphics cards.

Somehow I found FS 2002 does not run well on Macbook Pro like it does on my HP laptop.

vimal_mehrotra said:
You didn't go to bed???

Nop. I had a lot of coffee, its daytime in other parts of the world and I have a lot to do. :p

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Aberforth said:
I think its because intel based Macs have Windows too which means games which points to graphics cards.
umm....yeah, like i said above, Apple needs Microsoft & Windows to survive. They know that games are a big market, & switching to same X86 platform , then providing native installation support Via bootcamp is just there "Elite Mock up" to hide their requirment of Windows, MS & Office.

Just think about it, if MacOS X is so good over Windows, like they say it is then why are they even providing support to install it in their hardware, that to official.

Andy ones said , "Apple is a hardware company & MacOS X is bundled just as an add on". :D yup quite true.....I guess that they forgot, Apple Mac is also a PC (personal computer)

@ vimal

i was on XP man, working in 3d, i heard someone calling Miss. Minisha....so i jumped. I thought she came to this forum :p

Aberforth

The Internationalist
gx_saurav said:
i was on XP man, working in 3d, i heard someone calling Miss. Minisha....so i jumped. I thought she came to this forum :p

Well I'm so sorry I couldn't call you up when she decided to peek in. By the way I find all these my-os-is-better-than-yours and linking sanity and freedom to OS choices a lot of bullshit. If one needs an OS to make a personality statement probably they don't have a personality in the first place. I choose my OSes, mobiles and mp3 players based on my needs, not because CIA, NASA or Steve Jobs recommends it in his keynote address about how great it is. Leave it as a choice instead of shoving it down their throats... Really.... :D Windows is still better than Macs and Linux from an entertainment point of view, you can play Mp3s, DVDs and games all-in-one. Maybe its not their fault but as it is...

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
^^you are right,just get what you want mac,windows,linux etc. and be happy,people are silly(no offence dudes:D) to fight over this "issue"

Aberforth

The Internationalist
vimal_mehrotra said:
^^you are right,just get what you want mac,windows,linux etc. and be happy,people are silly(no offence dudes:D) to fight over this "issue"

Okay then this is resolved. Lets start another "I Hate OS Fanboys" topic...:D

Aberforth

The Internationalist
vimal_mehrotra said:
I will do it when the thread is closed:D.

I don't think there is any need to. No one is flaming and a healthy argument is always useful both for knowledge and experience in debates. Hope this thread doesn't get hijacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom