I hate Macs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
mehul said:
It ain't even a gang war yet. I don't even see guns drawn out here let alone bombs and fighter jets. Maybe you could start it, that too with permission from UNO(FatBeing).

Nah, i made my policy.....was banned already for no reason. No use wasting time by arguing with macboys

arya said:
That is such a kiddish comment. I've been using it for more than six months now and have yet to experience a single crash. And I've read all sorts of problems that Mac users experience on various Apple centric forums, but one thing is common in most of them - the operating system does not crash.

There have been so few reports of Mac OS X crashing and almost every PC users who switches to a Mac stays with it.
Yes, it is possible that someone who buys a Mac gets a lemon of a product which crashes frequently

Lolz....first decide what u want to say, you always get pawned & still you come back with same old reasons. Macs do crash, they hang for no reason, & if the file is in use, it gets deleted too.....wake up, this does happens

I feel like vomitting after reading rubbish comments again and again. :ewwwww:

Right said, agan & again

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
blackpearl said:
There is a reason why I used the word "almost" in my statement. That's because in reality I don't hate the Mac, I hate its fanboys. For them Mac is just a fashion statement, they like to flaunt it because they are under this false impression that owning a Mac is somewhat superior. They are just one of those guys who like to flash their expensive mobile phones and other accessories. To quote your own words, remember you once said to someone who just bought a Mac -"welcome to the civilized world". So Mac users are civilized? I wonder how many hours Mac users spend each day just admiring their Mac and congratulating themselves that they own it.

Thats how every Mac users commented on Digg because the article hits right on the nail, right on their inflated ego. And aryayush, you don't have to be one of them. Just use your Mac, don't start singing in its praise.
If tomorrow your uncle were to bring you a Rolex watch from USA, you would show it off to all of your friends. You'd feel a certain sense of pride in owning it. You'll feel special. People buy BMWs not only because they are better cars, but also because they signify status. They are not ordinary cars.
Macs occupy a similar place in computing. Therefore, it is obvious that people who own Macs have that sense of pride too. Yes, Mac zealots tend to go overboard. These are people who cannot tolerate anything spoken against Macs, Apple or Steve Jobs. I am not justifying their behaviour. But Apple's products are a sort of a staus symbol and you know it. People are awed when they see a Mac somewhere.
But people's devotion to Macs is justified to a large extent because they ARE such fabulous machines. You guys keep saying that people who use Windows PCs don't behave in the way Mac owners do. Yes, that is true to a large extent (with some exceptions) and that is bacause Mac owners love their computers while PC owners do not. Because Macs are easy to maintain. You spend more time doing useful work on a Mac than on maintaining it. People love Macs because they are fast and stable. The fact that these are beautiful machines also contributes to the fan following in a large way.
I am not saying that everyone whould own a Mac. If you like Windows, just stick with it. But claiming that Macs have this and that shortcoming out of pure jealousy is as bad as being a Mac fanboy, if not worse. A good example is Kiran_tech_mania's claim that Macs crash more than Windows. Ha! Ha! And pigs fly.

Yes, I love Apple and its products a lot but I am NOT the fanboy that some people make me out to be. I hated their comment blaming Windows for the iPod virus, I think it is a very good point against Macs that they cannot be upgraded. I also think the iPods are not as good as their sales indicate. I think Microsoft's Zune is a very serious competitor. There are other areas where Macs lack too, but there aren't too many.
But yes, in the end I do believe with utter conviction that whatever the drawbacks, Macs are certainly hugely better than Windows PCs. And I also believe that if you are buying a notebook in the range of sixty thousand and above, there is no reason not to buy an Apple product.

blackpearl said:
And aryayush, you don't have to be one of them. Just use your Mac, don't start singing in its praise.
If people feel it appropriate to start threads with titles like "I hate Macs!!", I feel that I am fairly within my rights to defend the platform which I love.

*uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Windows

*uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Mac

*uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Linux

Spend some time on that website reading other articles. All are hilarious. :))
Thanks for the links! :lol:

Last edited:

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Aryayush, Man, are you a lawyer??:D
I have spent the last 10 minutes reading your previous post. I feel like Apple should hire you as their defence lawyer. I am sure you can save the company when a similar situation arises with them.:D

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
Lolz....first decide what u want to say, you always get pawned & still you come back with same old reasons. Macs do crash, they hang for no reason, & if the file is in use, it gets deleted too.....wake up, this does happens
This from a person who has never used Mac OS X and has exactly zero amount of information about Macintoshes. Yeah, I can see why we should take your word on this one!

"if the file is in use, it gets deleted too" - Are you sure that by in use you do not mean that you right-clicked on it and clicked on "Move to Trash"? Because that is not a bug, that is standard behaviour for getting rid of unwanted files. Now, if you expected that it wouldn't be deleted even after you tried to - well, I am sorry, you need to use a Windows machine for achieving that. Macs have this severe problem, they do what you ask them to. They don't have any opinions of their own. Crap!

eddie

El mooooo
aryayush said:
But people's devotion to Macs is justified to a large extent because they ARE such fabulous machines.
Aren't you the one who believed that he had an Intel supplied hard drive? :confused: I could be confusing you for someone else though...

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, I am. I did not believe I had an Intel supplied hard drive, I thought I had an Intel hard drive. Of course, I was very confused because I know Intel does not manufacture hard drives. :D

EagerBeaver

Journeyman
Look wat dis guy s saying......... *www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16873608/
Another Mac user switches to Vista-------------------Say something critical about Microsoft and Windows and no one bats an eyelash. But write anything even faintly judgmental about the Macintosh and in comes a flood of hate mail from Mac users. The worst part is the tone of most, which generally tend toward religious zealotry. So before I begin, let me begin by saying any e-mails of that type that are sent in response to this story will be deleted, with no reply.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
So are all Mac users uppity and sensitiv about their Mac. Why Sir ? When then will MacBoys becom MacMen ???????????????????????????????:rolleyes:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Mac fanboys are no reason to dislike the Mac platform.

In fact, no one actually does dislike it. Those who claim they do are hypocrites.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Well if Mac is such a good operating system without any flaws then why isn't the whole world migrating towards it???

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Windows XP is definetly stable than OS X. You clearly showed the fanboyism here arguing to everyone out here. You need a proof? You say that you went through many forums. Well, if you really did so, you would have never quoted it. Don't throw blind shots here. Use google and find it out yourself what people say about WindowsXP, Windows 9X, OS9...etc. And if you are lazy to do that, tell me I will do that for you! And before deciding pigs fly, I suggest you to fly out of your dream Mac world and sneak into 'real' world.

eddie

El mooooo
aryayush said:
I did not believe I had an Intel supplied hard drive, I thought I had an Intel hard drive.
Are you trying to tell me that you don't believe in your own thoughts? :confused:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
aryayush said:
If you feel like vomiting ever time you see a dog, why not stop peeping inside kennels?

Not every dog is ugly and not every comment is wise. I don't expect the doghouse covered in same crap before i peep in. Just love to leave my two words which would help in keeping it clean. But i guess some ppl love crappy doghouses.

goobimama

 Macboy
After all that this forum has gone through, mac vs windows posts being locked n all, I don't think it was advisable to put this up...

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Rather this is good, so that everyone can vent out their fanboyisms and stuff here and leave rest of the forum clean.
But, a side effect would be more of such posts coming up in other threads too.

Aberforth

The Internationalist
aryayush said:
Yes, I love Apple and its products a lot but I am NOT the fanboy that some people make me out to be.

Well aryayush I hate to say this and no offence meant but sometimes you make me think like you are, one comment against Mac gets you all worked up...:p Don't take ti too hard as I know you aren't a fanboy.

aryayush said:

In fact, no one actually does dislike it. Those who claim they do are hypocrites.

Mac fanboys aren't a reason to dislike Mac but they can make you pissed. Like when your girlfriend seems more impressed by a Macbook than yourself. j/k :p

Second, someone could actually dislike Mac without being hippocrite, I can give tons of reasons, like high market prices of Apple shares for instance. :D Doesn't make Mac worse, it just doesn't catch their fancy.

tech_your_future said:
Rather this is good, so that everyone can vent out their fanboyisms and stuff here and leave rest of the forum clean.

Good idea. Lesser of the two evils is always a good choice. I personally can't stand fanboys who can't objectively understand th pluses and minuses of an OS or software, instead consider users having a different choice as noobs and idiots.

That man hates Macs for the reason he gave, perhaps these reasons mean a lot to him. It does not necessarily make Macs better of worse. :)

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
arya said:
Because Macs are easy to maintain. You spend more time doing useful work on a Mac than on maintaining it.

Yup, we Windows users have been doing usefull work from ages too.....long before MacOS X

Lucky_star said:
Aryayush, Man, are you a lawyer??:D
I have spent the last 10 minutes reading your previous post. I feel like Apple should hire you as their defence lawyer. I am sure you can save the company when a similar situation arises with them.:D

Thats the case with every macboy

arya said:
This from a person who has never used Mac OS X and has exactly zero amount of information about Macintoshes. Yeah, I can see why we should take your word on this one!

:D:D

I used mac OS 9/ OS X 10.1 & 10.2 long before u even started working on computers. Your very good friend, the 2nd one in this camp used to consult me before buying his Mac Mini, for the hardware....go ask him. Macboys will be boys....other grow up for doing better things

arya said:
"if the file is in use, it gets deleted too"

This i can argue u with, I was working on myself on Maya 5 on MacOS X 10.2 few years ago on a powerbook, it crashed due to some OpenGL error & after rebooting, the file which was in use got deleted

eddie said:
Aren't you the one who believed that he had an Intel supplied hard drive? :confused: I could be confusing you for someone else though...

Lolz..nail on the correct point:D, now what to say about his knowledge

arya said:

arya said:
Well aryayush I hate to say this and no offence meant but sometimes you make me think like you are, one comment against Mac gets you all worked up...:p Don't take ti too hard as I know you aren't a fanboy.

speaks for itself

arya said:
Mac fanboys aren't a reason to dislike Mac but they can make you pissed. Like when your girlfriend seems more impressed by a Macbook than yourself. j/k :p

hota hai bhai,

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
gx_saurav said:
Your very good friend, the 2nd one in this camp used to consult me before buying his Mac Mini

Lol. Talk about spreading misinformation.

kiran_tech_mania said:
Use google and find it out yourself what people say about WindowsXP, Windows 9X, OS9...etc. And if you are lazy to do that, tell me I will do that for you! And before deciding pigs fly, I suggest you to fly out of your dream Mac world and sneak into 'real' world.

This shows how grossly misinformed you are. OS 9 was Apple's OS! LOL! However, I understand that you are prejudiced against the platform. So, I wouldn't reply to any of your claims. A quick search of your posts reveals everything. :) It's fine if you don't know about something- Even I know practically nothing about graphics cards, games etc. However, trying to comment on something that one does not know about, or about something that one has not experienced personally, is not considered prudent. However, I do realize that I am talking about conscience on a forum that attracts people from all strata of society.

Anyways, I'd advise people to use whatever they like. Some of the comments are too outrageous to even warrant a reply. OS X is almost fully based on UNIX/BSD. Most of the underlying technologies are open source and free. CUPS and Samba are just two of the many examples. Now, if some one says CUPS and Samba are not good, then such a person needs a mental checkup.

Not every one likes Minissha Lamba, but that doesn't mean she is not the most beautiful actress in the Hindi film industry. :)

Advantages of Macs:

- Good operating system(Macs can run Windows XP/Vista, Linux, Solaris, too)
- Nice looks
- Very good build quality
- Very good service, even in India(Speaking from personal experience)

Advantage of custom-built PCs:

- Configurable(You can change the graphics card in such PCs, but it's not possible on Macs)
- A tad cheaper

Last edited:

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
gx_saurav said:
Lolz....andy, would u like me to post screenshot of chatlogs of my gxsauarv ID from yahoo

Why not? Let me see when I 'consulted' you. Discussed yes, but not 'consulted'.

Heck, I only 'consulted' some one twice in my life. Both these persons are quite well known in professional circles, both in India and abroad.

Self confidence- yes, Vanity- no.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
lets be honest ... the mac fanboys only hate PC coz it runs Windows .... i dont know why theyare so insecure abt windows ....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom