i dare you..provided you have guts......

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddie

El mooooo
You don't have to justify your food habits but statements like the following don't put you in very good light either
Mate, end of the day, animals are animals, humans are humans. Fix humans first before you jump to animals.
You make it sound that both the things cannot happen side-by-side and animals need to be ignored until we fix every human problem existing in this world. As I said earlier...think before you write (or speak).

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
faraaz said:
You are seriously going to discount any/all contributions made to society by people who are willing to eat meat based ONLY on their culinary choices? That's a bit harsh, don't you think?
Yes, it is, which is why I do not intend to say that.

You can contribute a lot to the society without having any sense of morality or a conscience. If someone does something seriously good for the world, that person is a great man and if that same person is a non-vegetarian, he does not have any conscience. At least, he does not have any love for other living creatures. He still is a great man, but he is lacking in morality.

faraaz

Evil Genius
Hmm...well, I guess you are entitled to your opinion...but man, that is a really REALLY weird way of looking at it...

@eddie: In that case, we'll just have to agree to disagree. You give equal importance to both aspects and I give more importance to improving the lot of human life before paying attention to animals.

eddie

El mooooo
faraaz said:
You give equal importance to both aspects and I give more importance to improving the lot of human life before paying attention to animals.
Yes it is a common human tendency to ignore anything other than our selves.

BTW have you ever thought about the amount of resources wasted in providing calories to "rich people" in form of non-veg food? Human life can be improved by caring about animals. An example:
*news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3559542.stm

faraaz

Evil Genius
eddie said:
Yes it is a common human tendency to ignore anything other than our selves.

I'm saying reduce poverty in the world. I'm saying if you have to go on a crusade, let it be to improve health and nutrition for chidren from poor families who can't afford even one square meal a day.

That's ignoring anything other than ourselves?? Wow...how can you be so blind?

eddie

El mooooo
faraaz said:
I'm saying reduce poverty in the world. I'm saying if you have to go on a crusade, let it be to improve health and nutrition for chidren from poor families who can't afford even one square meal a day.

That's ignoring anything other than ourselves?? Wow...how can you be so blind?
...and eating animals does all that? Wow! Where did you get those eyes from?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Exactly. You agreed with me a few posts earlier that non-vegetarian food is costlier than its vegetarian counterpart (and, of course, everyone knows this anyway). So instead of splurging on your stomach, you'd do better to donate some of that extra money to the poor.

It is easy to mouth off on an online forum, not so much to put whatever you are saying into practice.

As for it being impossible for you (or anyone else) to survive on a vegetarian diet, that is just pure nonsense - an excuse for being lazy.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
aryayush said:
As for it being impossible for you (or anyone else) to survive on a vegetarian diet, that is just pure nonsense.

i agree, i've been doing that... rather my family since generations.....

and abt fixing humans before animals.. i dun agree... compare it to ur own self. for e.g if someone has a brain tumour and also a broken limb, do u only treat the brain tumor while letting the limb on its own till the tumour's cured, just coz the brain is the 'more imp.' part that helps us think? if u do that then the person will become lame in sometime... this is the case here too. think of our body as the nature, and the different parts of our body as man, animals, birds etc. nothing can be ignored. everything is essential for proper funtioning of the body (and hence the nature). if something needs to be fixed, it needs to be fixed. not a thot more or less.

why the disparity to animals? at least we are doing our bit by spending less money to satisfy my appetite and saving that money. and lemme tell u something, loud and clear that i visit the less previlaged children once quarterly, spend sometime wid them, donate stuff (including the money and believe me the money i've saved in food in some way or the other helps me in contributing here). there this place called belaku (its in basavangudi, bangalore guys mebbe knoing the area).

i ask one more question, why is it prohibited to eat animals which can defend themselves? like a wolf, bear, lion, tiger, porcupine, rhino, elephant or even the dog and boar? jus coz they can defend themselves by attacking you and can cause harm to u when u try to hunt or slaughter them???? and jus coz humble animals like cow, goat, sheep can do nothing to defend themselves other than run away u are permitted to eat it? i dun understand the logic. i'm curious to kno on what basis is eating of certain animals is prohibited while others is permitted.

Last edited:

faraaz

Evil Genius
eddie said:
...and eating animals does all that? Wow! Where did you get those eyes from?

Now you're just quoting out of context...where did I ever say any of these things are attributable to non-vegetarianism? I was saying if you have to devote time and energy for animal rights then you might as well invest yourself personally for human rights instead. And you just want to put words in my mouth. Suit yourself.

OP
prasad

prasad

back to future
dear bros...where are you going to???

just want you to know that the hell human made for other animals...

its not the only video to discus...try youtube..and realise it..
:grin::grin::grin:

you know the hell with 'mediacal testing on animals'..

get the facts right..stop discussion on the same vodeo..:confused::confused:

Aberforth

The Internationalist
I wouldn't call PETA as terrorist organisation as we already have overcrowded jails. But borderline yes as they use mental terror tactics to scare off people. I think concern for animals from a ethics point of view helps better than calling non vegetarians mass murderers.

Last edited:

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
faraaz said:
I was saying if you have to devote time and energy for animal rights then you might as well invest yourself personally for human rights instead.
"If you have to devote time and energy for the afforestation of trees then you might as well invest yourself personally for decreasing fuel consumption instead."

What sense does this make! Can't fuel consumption be reduced while trying to increase forestation? Similarly, can't we try to do some animal welfare while simultaneously trying to improve human life?

You are just trying to excuse yourself out of the position you have cornered yourself into and feel comfortable with. You eat non-vegetarian and you slaughter goats and you love doing both of them because even if you didn't like one of them, you would automatically be repulsed by the other sin.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
why care for some f**** organisation.

Just be on ur own and take it on ur face. Thats something which turned me vegetarian. Someday we all realise wat we hav done........scavenging everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom