i dare you..provided you have guts......

Status
Not open for further replies.

karmanya

Journeyman
I am against this holie-than-thou attitude that most vegetarians have.
even plants have life, each time u eat a potato u deprive the seeds it might produce of life.
We talk about saving the tigers; are they not killers? do they not kill other animals for food?
We are not autotrophs; we cannot make food from water and CO2.
Remember that this film is based for animal farms in the US of A. In third world countries like india and africa animals are not blindly slaughtered, and those that are done are done in the most hygenic conditions possible, and none is wasted.
This is mainly because the average animal farmer in these countries cannot afford the costs of raising the animals if they are not sold.

Last edited:

eddie

El mooooo
karmanya said:
We talk about saving the tigers; are they not killers? do they not kill other animals for food?
Watch the videos to know the answer :) Anyways I will quote it for you here
Put a two year old in a crib with an apple and a bunny rabbit. Now see which one he plays with and which one he eats.
Do the same to a tiger's cub and you will get your answer.

karmanya

Journeyman
i dont think any mother would put thier baby in a crib with a rabbit and an apple.
and u havent answered/responded to the rest of my questions

eddie

El mooooo
If by the rest of the questions you mean holier-than-thou attitude...eating potatoes and animals not being blindly slaughtered in India...then I really don't think I need to answer. Not because I can't but because I don't want to :)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
karmanya said:
I knew that at least one person would definitely suggest this idiot logic. eddie's response is already fabulous and has left you with no reply. I just want to add to it that if you can catch a deer and rip it apart and eat it raw, feel free to do so. No one will stop you.

Tigers are living like they were intended to. They are a part of Nature's well-executed food chain. They are not trying to eat elephants or fishes because they are not supposed to. Man is not supposed to eat animals. And more importantly, keep them in captivity, execute them mercilessly and them eat them. This is a sin.

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
I'm a vegan, and cannot tolerate any cruelty towards animals. I also agree with what eddie has said in this thread. Finding any excuse to defend meat-eating practice is lame at best, and sad at times.

I was not born a vegan. Everyone in my family, including my parents, liked meat. I was the first to break free of this tradition, after a period of enlightenment (no, not religious) - when I discovered love for nature, animals and innocence in my late teens. Rest of my family members followed suit, and they're lacto-vegetarians now.

You can change too. Look at the animals going to be slaughtered for a mere taste on your tongue. Respect their right to live and prosper. Think about their sufferings and slavery for being what they are.

karmanya

Journeyman
i resent the fact that you find my train of thought "idiot logic" and technically it should be "idiotic". secondly how do you presume to know how human's were intended to live? for all you know humans might have been intended to live while waddling in the mud.
I am curious when was the last time you ate an elephant? I have to the best of my knowledge never eaten elephant and do not expect to. Plus what you consider "sin" is the only way thousands of people have survived over the ages. Early man ate meat on a larger scale before he learn't how to farm.
plus what you consider 'sin' is a relatively newer concept. For ages in europe religious people ate meat, the church did not condemn it. even the Koran does not condemn it. also as i responded to eddies comment: ure mother must have been a very strange one to leave you alone in a crib with a rabbit and an apple. I am also curious as to why no-one is responding to the second half of my post.
in a way yamraj: you remind me of Sheila Dikshit when she banned travelling performers from keeping monkeys. Despite what people think, not all animals are mistreated, or cruelly slaughtered to feed us.
also don't plants have a right to live and prosper? or is that right only reserved for "suffering" animals.
if you did not notice the last line was sarcasm

Last edited:

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
^ It's not a question of "sin", or whether it was the standard practice in dark ages. It's about morality and humanity. Since we're quite adept at growing delicious food ourselves, it doesn't make any sense that poor innocent animals suffer at our hands anymore. Besides, I don't give a @#$% about what religous books have to say on this issue. Organized religions are good for nothing but spreading stupidity, violence and arrogance.

As for your example, I'm with Dick-$hit on this issue. Humans are nothing special, and have no special "divine" rights to keeps animals enslaved. Not morally, not ethically - and if I had my way - not legally.

karmanya

Journeyman
I do not talk of the dark ages. Let me bring something into focus: in order to grow "delicious food" most farmers kill hundreds of insects which may have damaged the crop. doesnt this count as slaughter? I have never preached organized religion and agree that Humans do not have a special "divine" right to enslave animals I was merely pointing flaws in eddies comment of killing animals to be a sin.
Humans and all animals have a natural right to kill other animals to sustain themselves. I also am against the blind slaughter of animals but i condone the killing of enough animals for self sustainance. also in the video that spawned off this thread, they said that the grain used to feed cows could be used to feed starving millions but since when have humans been able to eat grass. sure its an excellent source of protein but we cannot digest it.

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
1. There is a difference between killing insects, poisoning rats, slaughtering cows/chicken and beheading humans. These acts are not the same, and one shouldn't be used to justify or condone another.

2. Yes, I would kill a snake or a scorpion in order to survive, but that's also different from torturing and slaughtering animals for taste and pleasure, on mass level. Need I even mention cruel and unnecessary Spanish bullfighting, cock fighting, removal of snake teeth by charmers, treatment of bears in street shows and the zoo/circus factor?

3. Plants don't have the extensive and sensitive nervous systems as in animals. They don't have a conscience, or knowledge of "self". They don't feel pain - at least not to the same level as animals do. It's again a lame excuse coming up with the "plants are living beings too" statement.

Humans are sadistic animals, and they shouldn't complain of their sufferings until they've stopped making others suffer.

eddie

El mooooo
karmanya said:
also as i responded to eddies comment: ure mother must have been a very strange one to leave you alone in a crib with a rabbit and an apple
Leave people's mothers or other family members out of the discussion or you will regret it.
secondly how do you presume to know how human's were intended to live? for all you know humans might have been intended to live while waddling in the mud.
I am guessing that you were not a science student in school? Time for you to read about Oral Cavity, Dental structures involving not much evolved canines and strong molars, relatively small stomach while long small & large intestine, controlled Hydrochloric acid secretion in stomach, much more pronounced starch digestion with release of peptides and peptones in feces.
they said that the grain used to feed cows could be used to feed starving millions but since when have humans been able to eat grass. sure its an excellent source of protein but we cannot digest it.
Grains are used to feed animals like Chickens and those grains can be used in a much better way by eating in that form only..."Grains". Also, grass is an excellent source of carbohydrates...not protein :rolleyes:

faraaz

Evil Genius
@karmanya: Give it up while you can...I did after I realised there's not sense in trying to reason with these veggies...

karmanya

Journeyman
eddie, i am not trying to have a go at your mother or anyone's mother, i was just trying to say that it was a stupid point to make. if i handled it badly im sorry. and also in the video at the point where they said grain that is used to feed them...here they showed a cow....can be used to feed them...here i think they showed poor people in shacks.
also grass is an excellent source of protein even though it is low quality protein. people say carbohydrates because of the cellulose.
and if humans were not intended to eat meat, then how come the body cannot digest cellulose but can digest meat?
@faraaz have confidence, if we band togethor and present our points with conviction we can yet beat them.

faraaz

Evil Genius
Not really...whatever you say...they're retort is gonna be "OMG!! You cruel B@$t@rd!! How can you kill the cute lil fuzzy wuzzy animals??" If someone is willing to debate reasonably, then you could have a rational exchange of ideas. But thats not happening on this thread.

karmanya

Journeyman
i wouldnt neccessarily agree with you, this Yamraj person is putting quite rational points forward.
and yamraj what you said about slaughtering insects, why the hypocrisy? slaughter is slaughter whether it is human, animal or insect.
if u condemn one you indirectly condemn the other
i AM AGAINST BLIND SLAUGHTER OF ANIMALS, but i am not against eating meat to survive.

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
^ As I've said before - killing for survival is different from killing for pleasure. If a person turtures, mutilates and slaughters insects, or lesser animals like rodents - he is no better than a murderer of human beings, for he takes joy in these sadistic acts. Remember that killing people in wars fetch you medals, but you're sent to prison for the same in times of peace. Social definitions of crime and normalcy are variable, and people change them to suit their need or greed.

I'm the kind of person who would choose to starve than kill and eat a chicken wandering nearby, for I believe that my life is no more important than the life of another living being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom