I am ashamed about India's customs, beliefs and traditions. Are U ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one shud look within his religion for filth rather than goin after somebody elses.I dont think we hav to be ashamed of anything.Do u know in Europe witch hunting was a common practice countless woman were burnt alive.Everyone's different cherish the difference.

Aberforth

The Internationalist
I am an atheist because of my multi-religious home taught me that religion has one purpose in todays world - to be used by crooks to fool the gullible. It is not only Hinduism that killed people, Christianity and Islam has a record which can put any Holocaust, natural disaster or political genocide to shame.

Islam and Crime Against Humanity
Christians and Crime Against Humanity

I am happy and hope Hinduism or Sikhism doesn't go to such levels. And I don't expect Buddhism or Jainism to be violent. Russia and China have had the best policies regarding religious - trivalise it instead of trying to abolish it which does not always work. If I feel proud of being an Indian, it is because India had a history of not snatching others' plates...

faraaz

Evil Genius
Religious zeal = riots and violence...

The best religious ppl are the ones who aren't overly religious...

As far as customs are concerned, India has always had a history of a bit of over excessiveness in certain situations I guess...

karmanya

Journeyman
hate is a very strong word.
I too am an atheist but I can't say I hate people who believe in religion. It gives people hope and faith at times when family and friends cannot. I dislike people who try to force their religion on me, everyone has their own belief and to impinge on impose on that is morally wrong. They have a right to believe in whatever they want and I believe that their belief is no lesser than mine.
I think that if everyone respected each other's point of view then there would not be any fanatic islamists today. But then it's not a perfect world.
and Aberforth, look back to the days pre-independence do you remember all the communal riots, the men,women and children who were mercilessly slaughtered because they did not conform?

Beleiving in someone bigger and better than you is gud.As far i am concerned.Like Karmanya said it gives hope and faith against oppression and injustice meted out when there is no hope.@munster hating someone for the religion they follow i dont think this is the right kind of attitude

monitorp

Right off the assembly line
Ah... I'm not from India, rather born & bred in NY.
I've browsed the 1st few posts here & found it interesting reading, because your posts are way more refined than those I read from the dregs of my own country, I'm sorry to say.

Frankly, the U.S. is going down the tubes in a handbasket & the rest of the world with it. I myself subscribe to the philosophy: "What's hated unto you, don't do to others, but don't suffer fools ad nauseum either".

Seems to me the majority of youth in the West worship exclusively at the altar of rudeness, impatience & dispensability.

What I was always curious about, is this:

What percentage of a society's nature is determined by genetics, and how much by culture, and how much by ill health & environmental toxification? I think a Doppelganger Locator would go some way toward resolving my curiosity re: the nature of humanity. Here's my past posting re: Doppelganger Locator:

*www.creativitypool.com/viewtopic.php?t=4369

~Lil JinX~

*Basket Case*
The bottom line here: Nothing is perfect.

Even if your trying to change something, remember that there will always be a little imperfection in everything. Thats just the way things are. So, if your ashamed of it, try changing it >_>

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
^^ We can't get away by just saying Nothing is perfect. I am ashamed not because of Indian Customs and Treditions, I am ashamed because its us who manipulated our customs in such a way that they are now non-sense.
There was time when we were the first Urban Civilization and now we don't even know the meaning of Civil.

Its not custom and tredition which made men,but men made cutoms and treditions.
And can we change it? Not now, We reached a point of no return. Indian population is about 1,129,866,154 (July 2007 est.). To make a revolution is almost impossible.
And why would someone want to rebel? People are in deep slumber.
One man/woman can't do anything.
India is drowning, and those who can save it are in sleep.
India's future is pitch black.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
~Lil JinX~ said:
The bottom line here: Nothing is perfect.

Even if your trying to change something, remember that there will always be a little imperfection in everything. Thats just the way things are. So, if your ashamed of it, try changing it >_>

Common people cant change many things. Remember what happened in RDB. Now I dont want that kinda death. I am not even married and I am a Virgin!!
Ahem! Excuse me for that. :D

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
change will happen , someone will come and change ... by the way I don't believe in Indian tradition and culture , Indian culture is ................

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^^ Its not ................
Just because you want to be a "yo-yo" kinda "dude" does not mean that the Indian traditions are bad. Here , of course, I am not talking bout the practice of Sati and Female Infanticides but about the good traditions that are given by the family members.
Even I like the Western culture ( of laying girls :D) but I do not think that the Indian culture is bad anyhow.

vaithy

In the zone
I believe that the author of the title has some inferiority complex mindset..." a Young man was crying in the street and passerby asked him why? He was very sad, he was born, because his parents sin.. everybody laughed and let the man cry.."
Man mindless World wars enculfed thusands gone in smoke !! The Americans use Atom bombs on two greatest cities to oblitereated mass of population ask the USA youth to day.. didn't ashamed of his country.. He 'll shout back to you why I be ashamed because some madman's acts ?
Ask the German adults didn't he ashamed about that the Hitler's Gas chambers ?
He 'll tell you the same..Why he?/
Ask the Israelis about the Air bombing of Palestinians Refugees camp and killing of children and women!! They never offer such talk..
Only in India, people are becoming victims of selfinflicted wounds!!
Here before thousands years greatest civilization has born.. and bearer of the light to the rest of the world..We have no such thing as religion .. But others come conquer they merge their belilefs.. we absorbe them..still maintain our own beleif for long time .. Their in the ancient India their was no caste.. women has equal rights.. "Sati' and female infanticide were only come late when there were foreign rulers ruled whole of India.. So why I have to be ashamed of this Golden land.. All over the world man are drawn as magnate to this wonderful country.. instead of ashamed of it , show them its ancients tradation and its cultures.. ofcourse there are poverty in rural but you show them also.. how inspite of pitiful conditions Indians live in dignified manner..

There is a poem in english that i have read in my school days but forget it..
The contents are..something like that
" She may be ugly.. She may be poor, barren, but This is my motherland, My wonderful fairland!!
Even for King's ransom i am not going to sell Her!!"

somebody may correct it..
Thanking you,
with regards,
Vaithy

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Well don't know about author but I am ashamed not because so called stupid customs and treditions, I am ashamed becasue I can't do anything to change it.
People should not be ashamed of tredition but be ashamed of the fact that they are doing nothing to to improve the state.
All it takes to make a revolution is one brave man in each village, in each city, but we dont have any. Its a disgrace that in such a large country we dont have just few hundred people brave enough. OK I can try to change the fate of India you can try to chage it too. But 2 or 3 peoples are not enough.
It takes a combination of effort.
If you save one bucket of water everyday it will serve no purpose as millions of people waste water, but if atleast thousands of people save water everyday, I think water problem will be half solved. (Its just an example dont look at numbers :D)

I still think that untill we are united (which seems too impossible to me.) our future is uncertain...(in a bad way)

Aberforth

The Internationalist
munster monster said:
I am an atheist too...i hate people who believe in religion and all other kindda crap...

I am an atheist but I wouldn't go as much as to hate religion. Like love, religion is a sort of inspiration for a lot of people despite that it is based on fantasy and imagination.

vasanth.kingofthehill said:
Beleiving in someone bigger and better than you is gud.As far i am concerned.Like Karmanya said it gives hope and faith against oppression and injustice meted out when there is no hope.@munster hating someone for the religion they follow i dont think this is the right kind of attitude

I agree with your not hating someone for religion part. But I wouldn't have religion to shadow oppression in false hopes. If we have faith in a powerful god who'd come to rid us of oppression, we'd end up weaklings and powerless. The reality is a lot of things which happen in this world is not destiny but consequences of ours and other's actions. We can't pray to god and wish to be free and rich overnight, we have to work for it.

mak1012

Journeyman
Quiz_Master said:
And can we change it? Not now, We reached a point of no return. Indian population is about 1,129,866,154 (July 2007 est.). To make a revolution is almost impossible..
yes we can why not but we require people who can encourage some.
One man/woman can't do anything. .

Gandhi ji was first to use non vilence then ... after him every one started coming to non vilence..[/QUOTE]
India is drowning, and those who can save it are in sleep.
India's future is pitch black.
its because of people who thinks like you...they discourage and stop them to do any work.

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
its a never ending war there cant be any justification to anybody's post until and unless we think above being the mere mortals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom