Humiliating portrayal of stammerers in Hindi movie - Golmaal 3

ntomer

Broken In
Hi,

Some of you must have seen promos of a forthcoming Hindi movie – Golmal 3 YouTube - Golmaal 3 [dialogue promo] These promos portray stutterers in a very bad light, like they are dim-wits of people with less intelligence.

I consider myself quite thick-skinned and am not usually offended. But this was plain tasteless and offensive. I would be very uncomfortable if I watch it with my kids. What they will think about me?

These kind of trashy movies aren’t my scene and I haven’t seen any movies from this director; but my wife told me that this director has a history of making fun of people’s handicaps. In his earlier movies, he had used a blind couple and a guy who cannot speak as props.

We cannot let this go on forever. Somewhere we will have to take a stand, and put a stop to this kind of crap. I am a founder trustee of an NGO - The Indian Stammering Association (Welcome to The Indian Stammering Association) and we are filing a petition to stay the release of this movie.

Other than this we are also running an online petition against it. Please read and sign the petition and forward it to your friends/family/colleagues. We need as many signature as we can to make an impact.

Petition - Humiliating portrayal of a person who stammers in Golmal 3 Petition

Regards

Nitin

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
well I do not stammer so I cannot truly understand how do you feel but I do not think such things should be taken seriously.

Nearly every Indian has listened/told atleast one joke on stupidity of Sardars. Does it affect the respect Sikhs have in our hearts? No.
Many north Indians make fun of darker complexion people from southern states but can they deny the fact that most of our scientists and brilliant brains have come from south? Nope!
MF Hussain portrayed hindu goddesses in obscene manner which no one has ever thought of. Did that decrease the belief I have in my heart? Nope!
There is no need to make such a hue and cry about such things. Take it easy.

OP
N

ntomer

Broken In
well I do not stammer so I cannot truly understand how do you feel but I do not think such things should be taken seriously.

Nearly every Indian has listened/told atleast one joke on stupidity of Sardars. Does it affect the respect Sikhs have in our hearts? No.
Many north Indians make fun of darker complexion people from southern states but can they deny the fact that most of our scientists and brilliant brains have come from south? Nope!
MF Hussain portrayed hindu goddesses in obscene manner which no one has ever thought of. Did that decrease the belief I have in my heart? Nope!
There is no need to make such a hue and cry about such things. Take it easy.

Dear Gagan,

There is a hell lot of difference between making fun of someone of a particular community and making fun of someone's physical disability.

Nitin

Gollum

Collector
I agree, but you might want to see the movie before doing anything about it. I know its bad but you need a lot of material before going against bollywood movie makers.
Just consider knock out. Its a copy of the hollywood movie phonebooth. It still got released even when the makers of phonebooth put a case of copyright infringement on indian filmmakers of knock out.

Rahim

Married!
Loud comedy bore............rather watch AAA repeatedly than than these craps coming out and sold like good Kaamedy

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@OP Don't worry. The movie bombed real bad anyways. And yes, it's really really really cheap and pathetic comedy. I will never go for movies from that pathetic and shithead director.

PS: Tusshar was extremely unbearable this time too. If it was a live drama I would have hit his face with rotten egg.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
I have stammering problem.... Its not a good idea to make laugh about someones disability.... No one is perfect in this world....

Goten

Banned
Yeah sadly it somehow earned 117 crores.

So, sadly

I have stopped watching bollywood movies because of its taste.

Peace Out~~~!

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Have a look here :

e-paper Sign-in

Select date : 16/11/2010 and then click on "Delhi Times" from the left hand menu.

Got the page..but cannot magnify..though i can see the headline G3 Sued...this is the error i am getting

Could not get the entity from Repository.
EDIT:-ok got it...it doesn't function well with mozilla,open fine in IE...its good that they are getting sued for this..i honestly lost respect for hindi films quite a long back because there is no originality & they seem to love copying foreign movies..& not to mention every second movie now is a comedy...

Last edited:
Top Bottom