HUMBLE BUNDLE !!!!! Get 8 Games for 4.80 dollars

Monk

Journeyman
In that case i have redeemed them all. I just wanted to make a word document with all keys, so they don't get lost :D

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
In that case i have redeemed them all. I just wanted to make a word document with all keys, so they don't get lost :D

just create a humble bundle account. and enter account details on that origin key page.
u can access keys of all your bundle purchases from that account.

kunalht

In the zone
crysis 2 & medal of honor from steam or from origin?
From which should I download?
I have keys of both.
& does multiplayer depends on steam or origin(client)??
If yes then in which people plays multiplayer most in steam or in origin?

chris

In the zone
crysis 2 & medal of honor from steam or from origin?
From which should I download?
I have keys of both.
& does multiplayer depends on steam or origin(client)??
If yes then in which people plays multiplayer most in steam or in origin?

I installed Crysis 2 installed on Steam. Only problem i see is i have to manually enter key after Crysis start. Steam will show an ingame message with key, you have to type that key to access multi-player. Not sure if you have to do this in origin. I have not tried multiplayer yet.

medal of honor i too want to know if there any difference between installing on origin or steam. If both same, i will get it in steam.

kartikoli

Busy!!
origin is worst (@#$%$#@ ... you know what i mean) its been 4 days and i am struggling with this @@#%%#. First it reset the download after 19gb to 16gb (happend 3 times) and when i started the download from start and reached 12gb around 10pm and now when i saw the download today morning(continuous download) it reached 9gb

continuous download for a night reached 12gb to 9gb (wow it looks like i am transferring the data to these useless origin server)

chris

In the zone
Origin download is not the worst. I too had problem with origin downloading game.. i too thought that. I searched, found solution, i was using google dns. This forced me download from US server. I changed DNS to BSNL dns, now origin started downloading from Akami server hosted in BSNL, i got very good speed. In steam, you can select download server, origin use geo dns, so when you request download, it return IP of nearest server depending on your DNS server. I got very good speed after using BSNL name servers, never got that much speed with Steam. When i was using google dns (8.8.8.8) download reach 4 GB, then start again from 1 GB etc.. happened to me.

I was downloading from IP 117.239.141.27 (static.ill.117.239.141.27/24.bsnl.in)

Code:
inetnum:        117.239.141.0 - 117.239.141.127
netname:        Akamai
descr:          Akamai technologies Ltd
descr:          Head Network Business - India & south Asia
descr:          Akamai technologies Ltd
descr:          Bangalore
admin-c:        GB350-AP
tech-c:         GB351-AP

ping

Code:
Pinging 117.239.141.27 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 117.239.141.27: bytes=32 time=49ms TTL=56
Reply from 117.239.141.27: bytes=32 time=49ms TTL=56

Last edited:

chris

In the zone
I used opendns before. But i don't like the page they show for sites that won't work. Also google DNS is faster, google have direct peering agreement with some of the indian ISP.

Code:
Pinging 8.8.8.8 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 8.8.8.8: bytes=32 time=45ms TTL=56

for OpenDNS

Code:
Pinging 208.67.222.222 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 208.67.222.222: bytes=32 time=114ms TTL=56
Reply from 208.67.222.222: bytes=32 time=113ms TTL=56

ping is 114 ms for OpenDNS, 45 ms for Google. Google must have Indian mirror or something. Switch to ISP dns until Origin finish.

If you are on Windows 7, you can see where u downloading from Task Manager > Resource Monitor > last Tab

abhidev

Human Spambot
OK guys... So I have redeemed all the origin keys and started each games download till at least 1 percent... So now can I still redeem then on steam and download??

Last edited:

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
OK guys... So I have redeemed all the origin keys and started each games download till at least 1 percent... So now can I still redeem then on steam and download??
Why do you want two copies of same game ?
Giveaway or trade the extras .

Yes. In a month. But just start all the downloads and stop it when its 1%. Then you can download whenever you want. :D

This info is not true according to Origin users . If you have redeemed the code in Origin , that games is yours no matter whether you download it or not .

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
What about steam? Doesn't it allows to download the game forever?

One more thing, I'd like to know is, can one download the game as many PC's as he wants by logging into his A/c?

I'm asking this question both for Steam and Origin.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Origin now allow unlimited downloads.
source

Then it is good. But the TE user mentioned that, he got a mail saying that "All games should be downloaded once before 30 days to make the game tie-up to your account". Quite confusing! Why the user has to lie?

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
What about steam? Doesn't it allows to download the game forever?

One more thing, I'd like to know is, can one download the game as many PC's as he wants by logging into his A/c?

I'm asking this question both for Steam and Origin.

1 . Steam - yes, download forever. You can give your a/c details to your grand kid before you die.
2. Yes, by logging in using Steam client, you can download in any number of PC.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
1 . Steam - yes, download forever. You can give your a/c details to your grand kid before you die.
2. Yes, by logging in using Steam client, you can download in any number of PC.

Thanks. So both things are possible for Steam, but not for Origin?

One more thing, then how they are stopping piracy? One can share their A/c within multiple persons to divide the price.

kartikoli

Busy!!
I used opendns before. But i don't like the page they show for sites that won't work. Also google DNS is faster, google have direct peering agreement with some of the indian ISP.

Code:
Pinging 8.8.8.8 with 32 bytes of data:

for OpenDNS

Code:
Pinging 208.67.222.222 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 208.67.222.222: bytes=32 time=114ms TTL=56
Reply from 208.67.222.222: bytes=32 time=113ms TTL=56

ping is 114 ms for OpenDNS, 45 ms for Google. Google must have Indian mirror or something. Switch to ISP dns until Origin finish.

If you are on Windows 7, you can see where u downloading from Task Manager > Resource Monitor > last Tab
thanks very much finally i have surpassed 19gb mark and now few MB's left (300~400)

Top Bottom