HTC One X+ vs. Apple iPhone 5

randomuser111

Technomancer
Saying HTC One X + has better build quality than Iphoone 5 makes no sense IMO ;)

Durability is not equal to build quality. Htc One X+ is far behind Iphone 5 in terms of build quality IMO.

Plastic cannot match glass/aluminum build. Handle an Iphone5 and then handle the One X+, it will feel a definite step down in terms of build quality and feel. Galaxy series is even worse off than One X+, Xperias too can't hold a candle against IP5's build (except Z).

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
iphones are overpriced compared to ipads... that's it, they are not overpriced compared to other phones, in fact they are by design much more economical
apple believes that consumers will pay a particular price bracket for the device they use the most... that's their target price, and it was decided before this iphone

just read comments on one x at gsmarena, not sure if it is ok to spend so much on a device with so many varied reported problems

aroraanant

Explorer
I would suggest you to pick Note 2 over the two but you say it is big for you.
So if you have to choose anyone among the two then get Iphone 5.

And for the people who were discussing about the build quality and durability of iphone 5 and One X+ then first let me make one thing clear, durability and build quality are two different things, HTC is no doubt very much durable but the same falls for Iphone 5 too it is just that in some cases one wins in other the other one. And if we talk about build quality then Apple wins without any doubt.
But I don't think it is a good idea to compare apple products to any other brand as their ecosystem is totally different.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
I will use it for
1. surfing web (a lot)(due to wi-fi connectivity everywhere in the campus)
2. playing games
3. having great no. of apps
4. studying ppt, pdf, doc files on the go
5. will use it for the whole day thus a good battery life
6. taking good quality photos as i could not take my camera everywhere, everytime

P.S. also consider build quality

If you haven't listed the 3rd point, You would have got suggestions for WP8 devices.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl

And for the people who were discussing about the build quality and durability of iphone 5 and One X+ then first let me make one thing clear, durability and build quality are two different things, HTC is no doubt very much durable but the same falls for Iphone 5 too it is just that in some cases one wins in other the other one. And if we talk about build quality then Apple wins without any doubt.
But I don't think it is a good idea to compare apple products to any other brand as their ecosystem is totally different.

change your title to "Note2 fan" wtf. in almost friggin every thread you ask people to buy note 2. :conspiracy:

oh, btw i was joking :D

OP
N

nks

Broken In
buy an iPhone 5 in that case

It fulfills your criteria better than the One X+

Better battery life, better games are two differentiating factors. The rest are more or less the same between the two.

Who told you that!
You can download pdf straight off Safari !

You have never used an iPhone have you?

As overpriced they might be but iPhone 5 has arguably the best build quality among its competitors. Period.

Seems like I was wrong. :D
Won't be next time :lol:

Seems like I was wrong. :D
Won't be next time :lol:

iphones are overpriced compared to ipads... that's it, they are not overpriced compared to other phones, in fact they are by design much more economical
apple believes that consumers will pay a particular price bracket for the device they use the most... that's their target price, and it was decided before this iphone

just read comments on one x at gsmarena, not sure if it is ok to spend so much on a device with so many varied reported problems

^

I kinda agree with you :)

IP5 > One X+. Period

So do the final vote goes to iPhone 5....?????

aroraanant

Explorer
change your title to "Note2 fan" wtf. in almost friggin every thread you ask people to buy note 2. :conspiracy:

oh, btw i was joking :D
Ha Ha ha..... :mrgreen:
I hate almost every galaxy series phone of Samsung till Note and Note 2 came.I still don't like S3 much. ;)

I think he is an typical Indian for whom bigger the device is, the better it functions. :-D:-D:-D:-D Just joking.
Hmmm, its not like that its all about the size, I really love every feature of it.
Apart from that I am a Samsung Hater and a HTC Fanboy :p :mrgreen:
BTW I love Apple too.

performance wise: HTC One X+
build quality,premium device,user satisfaction: Iphone 5
Agree on that.

So do the final vote goes to iPhone 5....?????
Yes.Thats the suggestion for you in particular.
But still it is a tough call.

Shah

Cyborg Agent
Ha Ha ha..... :mrgreen:
Hmmm, its not like that its all about the size, I really love every feature of it.
Apart from that I am a Samsung Hater and a HTC Fanboy :p :mrgreen:
BTW I love Apple too.

I too hate Samsung and Nokia. But, Nokia's Lumia series has attracted me very much. Especially, the Lumia 920.

OP
N

nks

Broken In
So OP have you decided what to buy?

yeah...
I'll buy an iPhone 5 but my last question : Are the phones which are present at the Airtel store, the CDMA one & the ones at other retailers such as 'The Mobile Store' GSM....????

Top Bottom