HTC DESIRE HD vs SGS

ladoo1985

Broken In
As we all know that Desire HD has been launched in India and some of the geeks have already got their hands on that piece of gadget :cool: and few of them have already got one... :):):).

Finally, my long wait is over and I was about to buy the SGS, but suddenly from no where HTC launch the Desire HD & Desire-Z in India and again the confusion starts creeping in my mind....:evil:.... :?

I have read all the reviews for Desire-HD vs SGS and came no where near to any conclusion....as some reviews are saying HTC is better and vice-versa...and just let the customer choose b/w the them.

Now, guys I'm going to buy the phone in next 2 weeks from now....please help as i know both the pros & cons of each cell....they are just engraved in my mind now....:lol::lol: and want you all to guide me the same who have used either of the 2 sets.

Waiting for your response.....!!!

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
Wait for new releases.
Eye for motorola droid bionic (the beast), sony ericsson arc (the beauty), lg optimus 2x (first tegra 2 chipset phone, though droid bionic has same), samsung infuse (gorgeous screen, 1.2 ghz), motorola cliq 2 (slider qwerty) or huawie ideos x6 (supposed to be budget friendly)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if you want a new mobile immediately, NO TO SGS. you'll be stuck in Android 2.2 for life (officially). but i do agree to Naino. lots of highend mobile are going to be launched (or launched). so if you can wait, its worth it.

OP
L

ladoo1985

Broken In
Thanks guys for replying...but is it worth the wait for 3 months as the above phones are US specific and i don't thing India will be receiving them pretty soon except Xperia Arc as it's mentioned on their site.

And Another thing, we still haven't received the taste of Milestone2 in India...so, I'm not pretty sure about the launch of above phone till Q4..??

Above all, they are 4G phones....and we are still expecting 3G to be fully functional within this year.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
I think LG, Sony, Samsung and HTC phones will hit indian market soon. All of their big releases were released in india too. For instance consider
LG - Optimus One, Chocolate BL 40
Sony - Xperia x10, Xperia Arc
Samsung - Galaxy S
HTC - Desire, Desire Z, Desire HD
But you are right, same can't be said for Motorola :-(

And as for 4G, Nokia N73 arrived in india market long before the arrival of 3G ;-). And I think they are HSPA+ enabled not 4G.

@max_demon
Crap, I missed that 1gb RAM phone :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I think LG, Sony, Samsung and HTC phones will hit indian market soon. All of their big releases were released in india too. For instance consider
LG - Optimus One, Chocolate BL 40ACK
Sony - Xperia x10, Xperia Arc
Samsung - Galaxy S
HTC - Desire, Desire Z, Desire HD
But you are right, same can't be said for Motorola :-(

And as for 4G, Nokia N73 arrived in india market long before the arrival of 3G ;-). And I think they are HSPA+ enabled not 4G.

@max_demon
Crap, I missed that 1gb RAM phone :)

more ram = more money. but maybe Motorola will release an Indian version with 512Mb ram & no docking station.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ sorry buddy I think you got confused.
I actually mean 'these phones were released in India and USA at same time', unlike motorola milestone 2.
Those weren't suggestions ;-)

And I don't think motorola will overhaul hardware just for india. But I do think that Sanjay Jha (motorola's CEO) will think about their release in india.

OP
L

ladoo1985

Broken In
^^^ sorry buddy I think you got confused.
I actually mean 'these phones were released in India and USA at same time', unlike motorola milestone 2.
Those weren't suggestions ;-)

And I don't think motorola will overhaul hardware just for india. But I do think that Sanjay Jha (motorola's CEO) will think about their release in india.

I think we are deviating from the topic.....as I'm not in a mood to spend around 30-35k for these handsets.

New technology = More Money also, and another thing what the hell i'm gona do with dual core processors in my phone.

If i wait for these phones, they will be nowhere near to my price range and apart from that then i have to wait for another year or so just for their prices to go down......

And, we all Know sony, they will surely be launching the Arc with a hefty price tag as they have done it with X10...and still till today the cell is available for 23k...so not a steep price drop since its launch.

so, please help me in choosing b/t DHD & SGS.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
New technology = More Money

not always. sometimes the new tech replaces old tech at same price + a small premium.

also, and another thing what the hell i'm gona do with dual core processors in my phone.

multitasking :-D

If i wait for these phones, they will be nowhere near to my price range and apart from that then i have to wait for another year or so just for their prices to go down......

thats true.expect these mobiles to land here by summer. so buy some tried & tested (not by you. but those that got good reviews) handset.

And, we all Know sony, they will surely be launching the Arc with a hefty price tag as they have done it with X10...and still till today the cell is available for 23k...so not a steep price drop since its launch.

so, please help me in choosing b/t DHD & SGS.

HTC Desire HD. no to SGS. but yes, with HTC you'll get a sumer low battery (ask HTC why they do so) but with Sammy you can at least use it for 1 whole day i guess.

OP
L

ladoo1985

Broken In
HTC Desire HD. no to SGS. but yes, with HTC you'll get a sumer low battery (ask HTC why they do so) but with Sammy you can at least use it for 1 whole day i guess.

I read some where that we can use a high mah battery with DHD....ya but it will be an another burn in the pocket....!!:sad::sad:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes. a 1800mAH battery or maybe 1500mAH battery will cost another several thousands. but the thing is, no mobile is perfect. every mobile have their own limitations (or bad services, if nothing else). so if you are ok with a lower rated battery, Desire HD is the one you should choose.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
I still think it's worth waiting.

I don't think all of them would be priced beyond 30k.
I suppose your budget to be 26-27k (cause many sites state Desire HD's price to be 27k) and I think some of those phones would be around 27k.
Better specs doesn't always mean bigger money. Even Samsung Galaxy S was around 28k when it was released (and it was most feature rich phone then).
Moreover if not, atleast these upcoming phones would force many manufacturers to lower down there current phones prices ;-)

And for dual core processors, they are supposed to be NEXT BIG THINGS in mobile industry. They are significantly more powerful than present single core processor. Even though quadrant benchmark is not optimized for dual core processors, they perform better.

For now I too suggest HTC Desire HD for it's bigger screen, 700+ RAM and 8 MP camera :-D

OP
L

ladoo1985

Broken In
Thanks Niano...after your comments...I'm again in doubt..??
The Million Dollar question is that now i have to wait again for 3-4 months which `m doing since Oct,10.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
if you want a new mobile immediately, NO TO SGS. you'll be stuck in Android 2.2 for life (officially).

Just want to point out that *official* Gingerbread will be out for Galaxy S in a month or so..

My recommendation: Wait it out for a couple of months more :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
at Mobile World Congress Samsung "may" launch Galaxy S's successor. if it gets launched, theres very little chance we'll see a gingerbread update for GS. & MWC will be held in February so, chances are slim for a gingerbread update on GS.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
at Mobile World Congress Samsung "may" launch Galaxy S's successor. if it gets launched, theres very little chance we'll see a gingerbread update for GS. & MWC will be held in February so, chances are slim for a gingerbread update on GS.
Trust me, I'm well connected.. I have inside news :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
who cares about official ROMs anyways for SGS when the custom ROMs are so much better?

I would'nt go for D:HD. Who would want to buy a 4.3" phone with a 1230mAh battery and a TFT LCD display?

OP
L

ladoo1985

Broken In
who cares about official ROMs anyways for SGS when the custom ROMs are so much better?

I would'nt go for D:HD. Who would want to buy a 4.3" phone with a 1230mAh battery and a TFT LCD display?

I think now i have to wait for the next big thing i.e. the dual core processors... as today i saw some videos of LG 2x and the gaming and multimedia capabilities were the best, further more i'm also impressed by Xperia Arc.
So, lets wait for another 3-4 months and then will see what round the corner for me.....:grin::grin:

Top Bottom