How's the combo??

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
I am planning on buying i5 2500 (non K) + Biostar TZ68K+ (Z68 as i want my 1600MHz to run on its capacity). Please let me know your opinion on the combo.

I am looking for some thermal paste too. Can anyone suggest some good ones with the links to buy??

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Off course for CPU :p. (As I seriously doubt anyone here in India replaces Cooler for GFX)

You can buy from Itwares or Primeabgb.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
check my signature, this rig is going nice so far and i am happy with it .. :) and TIM for cpu or gpu ?

same TiM can be used with cpu and gou both ;-)

@ OP - if you are getting a z68 mobo do get a K sku cpu and get a CM Hyper 212 Evo - you will get some good TiM along with it.

Siddharth_1

EXTREME
Dont go for the non k version of i5 2500. You will only save 1k and loose on performance and the chance to overclock in future.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
the difference is only 800 bucks ;-)

@ OP - if you want to get a non K sky cpu then settle for Core i5 2320 / i5 2400 around ~10k and a H67 mobo - the memory speed of 1333Mhz and 1600 Mhz won't matter much here.

If you want to get 1600Mhz ram module and a z68 mobo get i5 2500k to get a matching performance combo ;-)

OP
R

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
thanks for all your responses. My crrent purchases are -

i5 2500K (theitwares.com) - delivered in a day :|
Biostar TZ68K+ (flipkart.com) - awaiting delivery
CM ThermalFusion 400 (deltapage.com)- awaiting delivery
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB (bought a month back)
Corsair TX650W (bought a month back)

CM Hyper 212 evo is planned for a purchase only after a month. So will run it on stock until then with the included HSF.
I will also change my 5850 to 7850 once the GPU is out in the market.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
thanks for all your responses. My crrent purchases are -

i5 2500K (theitwares.com) - delivered in a day :|
Biostar TZ68K+ (flipkart.com) - awaiting delivery
CM ThermalFusion 400 (deltapage.com)- awaiting delivery
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB (bought a month back)
Corsair TX650W (bought a month back)

CM Hyper 212 evo is planned for a purchase only after a month. So will run it on stock until then with the included HSF.
I will also change my 5850 to 7850 once the GPU is out in the market.

Congrats ;-)

dibya_kol

In the zone
Off topic : which online store offering best price for CM Hyper 212 evo ? .. and how about their packaging and delivery ?

Top Bottom