How many volts/amps is in 6 pin PCIe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Not an issue if you have spike guard and EMI filters on UPS ensuring good power quality.

But when you run your pc on dedicated power inverter by directly plugging into power socket, the harmonics in power can damage psu .So just be careful not to use pc on inverters without proper spike guard on input.Because these harmonics overheat the transformer of psu unless filtered.

Even corsair will fail.The only difference being, CM failing earlier and Corsair bit late because of quality of harware components inside.

safe, sure, its got spikes, stuttering and loads of noise.
and you never know when it might blow up inside your cabinet, taking along all your costly hardware with it. i hope you actually read that article. if i was you, i'd run everything at stock and not put ANY kind of load on the computer, not even opening tdf, as everyone knows, the site is filled with heavy flash ads, and it puts a strain on the computer.

its not just one psu, the entire extremepower series has a bad name.
how does one get a bad name?
1. dedicated anti-brand image slur-campaign
2. genuine sucky-ness
its upto you what is happening with CM eXtreme power units.

and its not a 450W psu with 100% efficiency.
its a psu with ~70% efficiency, no matter what wattage its pulling.
by your reckoning, this would be a 400% efficient 100W psu.
awesome!!! you have just overturned 500 years of physics on its head, and created energy from nothing at all!!!
:reading:->:orly:->:rofl:->:brainiac:

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
can you please explain emi filters on ups

Electromagnetic Interference. It's generally caused by Electromagnetic Induction (if you studied physics, then you probably know what it is). This phenomenon usually degrades an electrical circuit, and limits it's performance. EMI Filters like Inductor Type Filter, RC filter etc are used in circuits to filter out these phenomenon.

Also, if you tend to go technical, here's PDF I found, you might find it interesting :)

*us.tdk-lambda.com/lp/ftp/other/all_about_emi_epmag.pdf

OP
B

balaji2525

Broken In
Guys, Shall I put it this way !!!

Correct me if I am wrong ...

CM EPP 600 is really a 450w PSU but enough rooms are given equivalent to 600W PSU to connect more components. So, beyond 450w it loses its stability
as in the the review Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 600 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

and all the voltage regulation and ripple problems starts. .

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent

CM EPP 600 is really a 450w PSU but enough rooms are given equivalent to 600W PSU to connect more components. So, beyond 450w it loses its stability
as in the the review Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 600 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

thats 2 year old review...afaik 450w above is not.reached unless u have powerful gpu,coolers n overclocked cpu

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!

Yes true, forget about fancy flashing terms like voltage regulation and ripple factor. Just remember,

Your PSU is good for YOU and YOUR config both. NO need to change it. Go for that GPU without any doubts

OP
B

balaji2525

Broken In
Yes true, forget about fancy flashing terms like voltage regulation and ripple factor. Just remember,

Your PSU is good for YOU and YOUR config both. NO need to change it. Go for that GPU without any doubts

I already have that GPU dude....

so, overall every thing is fine with my build.. I need not worry about this PSU any more . . . thank u for the explanation guys, just got a relief.

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Even mild overclocks on HD 6570 should be easily handled by CM PSU. Yes, dude its relief to hear that what you have is actually a bomb ( according to reviews ), but it won't explode unless you take the pin out of it ( reaching its limits ).

So, Cheers , Have fun, but let us know if your system ever face this extreme power Gene problems. I'll start a not-recommended campaign on every forum to warn users ! :p

OP
B

balaji2525

Broken In
Even mild overclocks on HD 6570 should be easily handled by CM PSU. Yes, dude its relief to hear that what you have is actually a bomb ( according to reviews ), but it won't explode unless you take the pin out of it ( reaching its limits ).

So, Cheers , Have fun, but let us know if your system ever face this extreme power Gene problems. I'll start a not-recommended campaign on every forum to warn users ! :p

My GPU is HD 6750 not HD 6570 ashis. . I will be careful not to push it beyond its limit. .

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ you can even run GPUS like HD6770/HD6790/HD7770/HD6850 with that PSU and cpu you have - they won't stress it but do remember not to OC the GPU and cpu

OP
B

balaji2525

Broken In
Guys, last night when i was watching movie suddenly many different color stripes appeared and windows got freezed. after a restart every thing was normal... Is it becoz of PSU?.. When i checked XFX site, it is given that HD 6750 requires minimum of 500w

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ most probably not and there may be other reason - try some gpu hungry games like Metro 2033, BFBC2, BF3 etc. for more than an hour and see what happens.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Deeming that all Coolermaster PSU units are substandard is a wrong conclusion. They do make some good (if not best) psu units- like the real power pro types. That being said, I seriously believe that CM should chuck off Extreme Series for good and concentrating on promoting good power supplies to save themselves from bad rep- we're in a place where people generalize based on brands, so if people start using their brains halfway, they will end up generalizing all Coolermaster H/W. This isn't the socket 939/65nm C2D days anymore. They did the job back then, but that's it. People also need to move on with the times as well.

Right now, VX450s are not as reliable as they used to be, newer revs ended up being very poorly made. I don't recommend them at all now for any type of systems. If I follow some people's philosophy, I will end up saying Corsair is following the same road, despite having some good units under V2 Revs and AX series. Its not fair, is it?

Anyone can end up surprisingly good hardware if an effort is made, so generalizing a brand is wrong. If you are doing it, you're not much different than dealers who say a particular brand is the best!!

Just my 2 cents

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ true but every brand which has lots of PSU models has some mediocre PSU lineup AFAIK.

OP
B

balaji2525

Broken In
^^ most probably not and there may be other reason - try some gpu hungry games like Metro 2033, BFBC2, BF3 etc. for more than an hour and see what happens.

I played crysis2 for hours, I did not see any issues. but when i put the computer to sleep and wake it, Screen is broken with lot of different colors(broken pieces of wall paper), mouse works for a while then stops and screen freezes. after a restart every thing is fine but What might be the problem?.. In sleep computer doesn't draw much power, Is it due to any voltage regulation by CM600?..

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
What i know about efficiency is right. What i interpreted wrong was about applying that to a PSU. Efficiency is defined as the Power given as Output/Input Power. I regarded 600 W as input power (i thought that was what these markings on PSUs meant) and then gave the true output power. But i think it's the other way. 600W is OUTPUT power (correct me if i am wrong). And we need to find INPUT power using the given efficiency.

Completely correct. But you framed the sentence wrong at that time.

Efficiency(not only electrical but mechanical or any other kind too) always = Output/Input.
CM EP 600W produces ~432W under Ideal conditions...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@$$Lionking$$,take some time reading the posts before declaring someone wrong especially when that someone is an admin(not just a moderator) of a technology blog forum like this.efficiency=(output/input) but wattage rating on a psu denotes its output not input which is what ico told desijatt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom