How many volts/amps is in 6 pin PCIe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
Whitestar - ???!!.. Sweety TDF is more of a forum than a blog.. :p

Mods/Admins are also people dude...

And Ico is a friend... why wud I prove him wrong...??? He himself said something abt EP600 supplying around 400W... so i was sort of just repeating him there and about efficiency.. that was to clear that it is calculated upon rated power... what did u not understand there??? and how was it "declaring" Ico wrong??

Also to get this straight for once and for all - I NEVER declare anybody wrong or right ..EVER! (Mostly coz I am nobody to do that..)

P.S. My bad net only loaded half a page then stopped.. If I had seen that Ico's post was in page 1 or the matter was solved then I wouldn't have posted at all.. :(

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
@$$Lionking$$,take some time reading the posts before declaring someone wrong especially when that someone is an admin(not just a moderator) of a technology blog forum like this.efficiency=(output/input) but wattage rating on a psu denotes its output not input which is what ico told desijatt.

Admin/moderators are not the final authority or the best say on threads or topics. They can be wrong also. :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
"to err is human" :)
i just got the impression that reply was made in a hurry.my point was that more knowledgeable the person is considered better attention is needed to counter-argue such person.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I played crysis2 for hours, I did not see any issues. but when i put the computer to sleep and wake it, Screen is broken with lot of different colors(broken pieces of wall paper), mouse works for a while then stops and screen freezes. after a restart every thing is fine but What might be the problem?.. In sleep computer doesn't draw much power, Is it due to any voltage regulation by CM600?..

can't be a PSU issue - must be an issue related with driver/mobo bios or something else - but if it's ain't a serious issue don't be bothered with it too much.

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
Whitestar - ???!!.. Sweety TDF is more of a forum than a blog.. :p

Mods/Admins are also people dude...

And Ico is a friend... why wud I prove him wrong...??? He himself said something abt EP600 supplying around 400W... so i was sort of just repeating him there and about efficiency.. that was to clear that it is calculated upon rated power... what did u not understand there??? and how was it "declaring" Ico wrong??

Also to get this straight for once and for all - I NEVER declare anybody wrong or right ..EVER! (Mostly coz I am nobody to do that..)

P.S. My bad net only loaded half a page then stopped.. If I had seen that Ico's post was in page 1 or the matter was solved then I wouldn't have posted at all.. :(

You are wrong mate. Efficiency = Output Power /Input Power
Here, Output Power = 600W (as rated on the PSU), Input Power = ? and Efficiency = 80% or whatever. Doing some simple maths, Input Power comes out to be 750W. That means, the Power SUpply which is rated 600W and has an efficiency of 80% will draw 750W from the wall socket to provide 600W power to the PC.. If the traditional thermodynamics approach is applied, many people including me, thought that 600W will the the input power of PSU and acc to 80% efficiency, it will provide only 480W. BUT this does not apply on PSU.

Moreover, if you encounter people saying "this 600W PSU supplies only 450W", it means that the PSU is over rated. Means that the manufacturer over rated the PSU to 600W BUT it is capable only of delivering 450W on full load. Take an example of the Seasonic S12II 520W. Reviews say that at peak load, it can provide a maximum of 580W! Even after being rated a 520W PSU. According to your approach and the same formula, this means the efficiency is greater than 1, which If you have some thermodynamic knowledge, you might understand that Efficiency <=1 hell it is NEVER equal to 1, it's just a formula, and acc to you it's greater than 1? Your call now.

@$$Lionking$$,take some time reading the posts before declaring someone wrong especially when that someone is an admin(not just a moderator) of a technology blog forum like this.efficiency=(output/input) but wattage rating on a psu denotes its output not input which is what ico told desijatt.

Yes, ico corrected me about this issue in some other thread :)

Efficiency(not only electrical but mechanical or any other kind too) always = Output/Input.
CM EP 600W produces ~432W under Ideal conditions...

Again wrong, read my answer above. :) You are applying the right formula, but taking the values given wrong.

Last edited:

doomgiver

Warframe
poor desi_jatt, he has explained this in every page of this thread :( and on a couple of other threads too, iirc

$$Lionking$$

In the zone
Quote:
Originally Posted by $$Lionking$$

Efficiency(not only electrical but mechanical or any other kind too) always = Output/Input.
CM EP 600W produces ~432W under Ideal conditions...

Again wrong, read my answer above. You are applying the right formula, but taking the values given wrong.

Here - Pls correct the wikipedia entries too..
Energy conversion efficiency - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyways I figured out why the confusion in this thread.... :D

According to your approach and the same formula, this means the efficiency is greater than 1, which If you have some thermodynamic knowledge, you might understand that Efficiency <=1 hell it is NEVER equal to 1, it's just a formula, and acc to you it's greater than 1? Your call now.

In which review is it said that SII 520W can deliver 580W?? - Probably, the review is wrong or PSU is rated incorrectly rather than efficiency being more than 1...

@According to my formula - More like laws of Physics??

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seasonic S12II Bronze 520 W Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets
Total|588.2 W
% Max Load|113.1%
AC Power|720.0 W
Efficiency|81.7%

again both wikipedia & reviews are correct because wikipedia does not state that for a 520W PSU output not input=520W so it can not be considered as incorrect but rather a detail not mentioned.it is normal for high quality psu's to deliver more than their rated wattage(aka overload test) which proves their superior build quality.

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Everyone is saying the same thing. Much ado about nothing now.

Efficiency(not only electrical but mechanical or any other kind too) always = Output/Input. (Fact 1)
CM EP 600W produces ~432W under Ideal conditions... (Information 2...unrelated with Fact 1)
^ this is what Lionking meant there. :p

I can see why confusion arised.

anyways, Desijatt has sorted it out in the previous page afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom