How many hours do you spend on Computers daily? Are you Addicted?

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
By computers I mean everything: Desktops,Laptops,Smartphone,PlayStation,X-Box. But not TV. I spend about 12-16 Hours on a daily basis doing nothing. If it harms you/stops you from doing work then you can call it an Addiction. I can confess that I am addicted to it.

Last edited:
I spend around 4 and a half hour when its college day and more on holiday. recently I suffered from RSI in my right wrist due to excessive mouse usage, so now I ake breaks every 30 minutes. Also, now I understand the importance of ergonomics.

Rajesh345

Youngling
Repetitive_strain_injury

Repetitive strain injuries (RSIs) are "injuries to the musculoskeletal and nervous systems that may be caused by repetitive tasks, forceful exertions, vibrations, mechanical compression, or sustained or awkward positions".[1] RSI is also known as cumulative trauma disorders, repetitive stress injuries, repetitive motion injuries or disorders, musculoskeletal disorders, and occupational or sports overuse syndromes

Repetitive strain injury - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^ and trust me, it pains a lot and exercise is the ONLY solution. No medicines, only a surgery for decreasing the pain in worst case.

^ and trust me, it pains a lot and exercise is the ONLY solution. No medicines, only a surgery for decreasing the pain in worst case.

Hrishi

All day long. I don't have anything else to do. :)
Be it droid , PC , notebook . I am hooked to either one.

quagmire

Allllright !
Same here. On holidays I sometimes don't even see Sunlight (I mean I dont go out).. :-(

*25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kwmtk8IZ261qas5xlo1_400.gif

ratul

█████████████████
College over, unemployed from past two months, so i've pretty much nothing to do all day, so just on my lappy all the time.. :razz:

sujoyp

Grand Master
let me see
morning 1 hr music on lappy
9hrs of office
1.5 hr music on lappy while exercise
gaming surfing till night 1 AM =4 hrs

soo its around 13.5-14 hrs on PC+Laptop ....smartphone and tab are not much used

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
I'm on my PC most of the time, but I'm not addicted. Reason being that I get bored doing the same thing for a long time and I have a lot of things to do prior to moving out.

TheHumanBot

Padawan
12-14 hours work on pc :D then earbuds till i fall sleep :D side effects no social life what so ever, backpain, numerous time stiff shoulders and can't move my head right or left. always cold shoulders makes sounds like finger cracks.

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
12-14 hours work on pc :D then earbuds till i fall sleep :D side effects no social life what so ever, backpain, numerous time stiff shoulders and can't move my head right or left. always cold shoulders makes sounds like finger cracks.
My mobile tells me to listen on lower volumes to avoid hearing damage :eeksign: I get scared. But what can I do when the volume of the file is itself low :x.

Same here. On holidays I sometimes don't even see Sunlight (I mean I dont go out).. :-(
That just made me felt a lot better to know I am not the only one :-D.

1-2 hours

3-4 if I am in gaming/movie mood.

Not addicted.
Yeah, those numbers tell the story. You're definitely not addicted :lol:!

OP
T

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Even if I try to avoid using computers , I simply cannot since ~90% of the things now are done through my computer like paying monthly bills, checking out prices of products, digging out numbers of local shops,etc.

Top Bottom