Hey I Want Which Is The Best Os

Status
Not open for further replies.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Hey I Started this forum so that i can know which is the best os till the current date is it's xp,vista,linux,mac,98 There Capabilities.The Good Points About Them,The Bad Point About Them. All I Want To Know Which May Be Helpfull For The Younger Generation.Please Post

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Pathik

Google Bot
linux>xp>osx>vista 4 me.. Ps. I havent used osx as much as i hav used the other three.. In fact, very less..

mediator

Technomancer
^ U shudn't have said that! :D
xp,vista,linux,mac,98
U shud check out for urself with which OS u r most comfortable with! Xp,vista,98 are all from MS. So u shud have said MS-windows. Otherwise if u expand the *nix family then the whole page might get filled! There r plenty of debates on such topics in fight club. so u shud read them instead.

aquamatrix

Journeyman
Going on Visual delight and performance (if you have the hardware :p) i'd say vista ultmate.
Going on reliability windows Xp pro 64.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Actually there is nothing like the best OS. There is the OS which suits you best and suits your needs best.

U want net access and word processing and basic office tasks, nothing beats Ubuntu,

U want all this plus eye candy Get Mac OS X (if u can afford it) or Ubuntu with Beryl or Sabayon.

U want a lot of games and everything else (Everything includes troubles) you get Windows XP.

U want everything coming with windows xp and a resource hog - U get Vista.

Last edited:
OP
krates

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
kumarmohit said:
Actually there is nothing like the best OS. There is the OS which suits you best and suits your needs best.

U want net access and word processing and basic office tasks, nothing beats Ubuntu,

U want all this plus eye candy Get Mac OS X (if u can afford it) or Ubuntu with Beryl or Sabayon.

U want a lot of games and everything else (Everything includes troubles) you get Windows XP.

U want everything coming with windows xp and a resource hog - U get Vista.

Good One I was Supposing One Like This Only :eek:

spironox

Booting Nicotine!!
best os what is it ??

microsoft windows have problems ( tell me about it man eeeks!!) so does linux ( device compatiblity issues) mac is some what stable but limited audience.. well rest has not yet being used by me till now ..

i recommend windows- 2000 if u want something really sturdy, go for NTfs xp with minimum and customized installation works fine but if u got the bug of getting tweaking done .. well keep a handy installer ready for XP

Ubuntu - gentoo best bet

rest if fine and thats all my knowledge base is all about

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
There cannot be any definite answer to this question. And one shoe does not fit all anyway. I might tell you that I love this particular operating system and that it is THE BESTEST OS EVER and you might use it on my insistence. Next thing I know, you are swearing at me for recommending you such a crap system.

So the best solution is to try them out yourself. Install Vista (if your PC supports it) or see demos of it on YouTube, use some Linux distros (Ubuntu seems to be the best one at present) and go to an Apple Authorised Reseller and try out a Mac. If you are not planning to spend anything on hardware, don't bother with the first and last option. Windows XP is best for you then, unless you do not mind the initial hurdles of switiching to Linux. Once you make the switch from Windows to any other operating system, however, it is pretty difficult to go back to Windows.

So if Windows is a primary requirement for some reason or the other, just curse God for giving you such a rotten luck and stick to it. Of course, you might also like Windows, which is good for you. So stick to it anyway. If you have the hardware to run Vista, I would recommend you to upgrade. It is better than XP. Do not use the Home Basic version and do not upgrade to it if your computer is incapable of supporting the Aero interface. To quote Digit, "Vista without Aero is... err... XP!"

Sinja

The Demun
Vista >XP rest = <_< ( why bother )
lol jus kiddin
IMAHO
best os is determined on basis of ur hardware and apps needs if u got a wide varity of hardware and apps and the os supports it without causing crashes or security failures
u got ur os set.
its best to try out diffrent popular os in a period of 1 week each and really work the crap out of it with all possible apps running to see wich one stands last :)

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
Best OS today and most secure is

Vista

just kidding

Go for linux

If u r not familiar with computers
go for XP

If u really like to enjoy interface
go for Mac

abhijangda

Padawan
Hey friend I think linux should come first for me specially suse,redhat and mandrake the popular ones because of security reasons. Today most popular os is XP with sp2 becuase of it's ease of use. I think the numbering should be like this:-
XP with sp2
Linux
Vista
Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom