HELP WANTED: how to install PHP MySQL and Apache on Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProDemon

Broken In
Please if anyone know, how to to istall PHP MySQL and APACHE

provide step by step guideline

Also Provide Direct links to download these stuff, i tried to find them on there officials websites, but they are very confusing( lot of options in there downlod area )

Tank you.

slugger

Banned
check out this tut

Installing Apache PHP and MySQL

asumin u want2 use Apache on a web server

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sanserif]Apache HTTP Server[/FONT]

4 MySQL

MySQL 5.0 Community Server

*www.php.net/downloads.php*www.php.net/downloads.php
*www.php.net/downloads.php*www.php.net/downloads.php
PHP 5.2.3
(dl d binaries 4 ur OS/platform)

Last edited:

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Install PHP using the windows binary available at php.net for download. (22 M).

Apache (no ssl): *apache.oregonstate.edu/httpd/binaries/win32/apache_2.2.4-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi

Download that and execute that thing. :)

goto MySQL downloads then download the appropriate binary (not source). Execute it and configure it as u want. And u are there with mysql server. I think in some digit CD there was mysql 5.0 server for windows. :)

ahref

In the zone
better download vertrigo from *vertrigo.sourceforge.net/ and install it on your PC with few clicks, apache,mysql and php will be installed in your PC.

din

Tribal Boy
Hmm no !!!

BEST thing is - especially if you are new to these - XAMPP

Find it Here....

This is an EXCELLENT tool and you do not have to worry on anything else.

What is it ?

XAMPP is an easy to install Apache distribution containing MySQL, PHP and Perl. XAMPP is really very easy to install and to use - just download, extract and start.

What it has ?

The distribution for Windows 98, NT, 2000, 2003, XP and Vista. This version contains: Apache, MySQL, PHP + PEAR, Perl, mod_php, mod_perl, mod_ssl, OpenSSL, phpMyAdmin, Webalizer, Mercury Mail Transport System for Win32 and NetWare Systems v3.32, Ming, JpGraph, FileZilla FTP Server, mcrypt, eAccelerator, SQLite, and WEB-DAV + mod_auth_mysql.

And everything in a single installer.

I strongly recommend this. I use this for last 3-4 yrs and it worked perfectly for me. From my experience.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
what happed to easyphp ?? seems i am little outdated, easyphp though didnt have a lot options, but was used to be good to test apps on Windows !!!!

how ever, XAMPP is also another gr8 apps :D

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
There arent good clients for Oracle in Linux .. and its SBI's system so I dont want to remove the installations ... So have to run Windows .. and XAMPP is the best thing if you want to run Php MySql on your system ..

And btw .. Gutsy Gibbon is 60% downloaded .. Pathetic MTNL speeds are making sure that it'll take a week for the whole dvd to download .. :|
I dont need Sabayon anymore ..

Last edited:

din

Tribal Boy
mehulved said:
That's for kids. Stop using such things. Download the cutting edge source and compile it all on your PC :p

I agree. But for a noob it is not easy to downlod everything and compile / configure to make it all work. With XAMPP everything is there pre-configured. And XAMPP is very near to cutting edge ;)

I love XAMPP. It saves a lot of time. Using the portable version now.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
mehulved said:
That's for kids. Stop using such things. Download the cutting edge source and compile it all on your PC :p
I agree wid u. But as @slugger says, it is not possible for n00bs.

@it_waaznt_me,

Do u mean MySQL or PostgreSQL by Oracle? :?: :confused:

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
^^ Correct .. Oracle is for official use ... Php MySqlis for my personal use .. :p .. And Oracle client being Toad ..

hard_rock

Salieri Family
I think if you are a php programmer(for eg) then there is no need to learn from compiling Server to Coding PHP.. He can utilise his time more in coding than to compile-configure-maintain servers.. Thats why Ready to use servers are suitable for coders. If you have plenty of time to go through all the process of compile-error-go-through documentation then its fine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom