Help Me Choose My First Android...!!!

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
Ok so i've been looking at phones over the net for over 2 months now and i've decided on 4 handsets and here are the requirements..!!

1. I need gingerbread as an OS
2. Atleast a good 3 MP camera because i do click pictures sometimes just for fun. Secondary Cam not required because i won't be doing video calls.
3. Atleast a 800 MHz processor
4. Atleast a 3-inch screen
5. Moderate Gaming but frequent internet usage so Wi-Fi is required.
6. Might use 3G Internet so that's a requirement as well.

so keeping these in mind i have selected the following, sort in the descending order according to the price seen on Flipkart :

A. Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman - WT19i - Rs.14550 (upgradable to Ice Cream Sandwich)
B. Samsung Galaxy Ace - Rs. 13900
C. Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini ST15i - Rs. 13500
D. LG Optimus NET P690 - Rs. 9999
E. Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 - Rs. 7350

Now the first three choices are valid if my dad allows me to go over Rs.12000 but not over Rs.15000 :wink:, and if the budget is below Rs.10000 then choices D and E apply :cry: . So please advice me in both the situations.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Xperia Mini in the upper range or Galaxy Y in the lower range. if budget is 10k, consider HTC explorer over Net.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I believe you should spend a little more and get an awesome device... All the phones mentioned are pretty average...

I say push a little harder and get the Sony Ericsson Neo V... Should be available around 15k in local shops.

Check out the review -- *www.youtube.com/watch?v=21eXRMsb6gk

Neo V is definitely getting ICS update, as far as I know... -- Sony Ericsson releases Android 4.0 preview ROMs for Xperia Ray, Arc S, and Neo V | The Verge

Cheers!

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
@Sam But HTC explorer has a 600 MHz processor only and why xperia mini over the "live with walkman" phone???

@AndroidFan I know these are average phones but i'm on a budget and i know Neo V is one heck of a device but it's worth 18000/- in flipkart i don't think i would get it for 15000/- but if i do that'll be my choice.

Last edited:

ujjwal321

Journeyman
better spend a little more and go for neo v... amazing phone at great price with guranter update to ics.. that way you wont have tto worry for at least a year.. rather than buying an average set and being dissapointed with no updates and not being able to play awesome HD games..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Sam But HTC explorer has a 600 MHz processor only and why xperia mini over the "live with walkman" phone???

HTC explorer have a 600Mhz processor but the OS is more refined in case of HTC. get Net if you are going to root & install custom rom. also AFAIK, explorer got a slightly different processor (name is same as Net) allowing it to run adobe flash natively & according to GSMArena, it ferls faster than WildfireS.

about, live with walkman i read in some thread here it having some issue. so its your choice basically.

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
^^ ok so explorer is a choice but i'm not going to root the phone until the warranty period is over. Regarding the issues well not every set is perfect, i've seen problems on xperia mini and neo v as well. Anyways lets see what my dad agrees on and i'll let you all know.

@aroraanant i dont have much faith in ebay...is it ok to buy such expensive items from there? EDIT: I just checked the lowest priced seller on ebay and they do not ship to West Bengal..WTF??

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
Most of the ebay seller wont ship anything which costs more than 5k to West Bengal(some stupid form 50 issue), some sellers bribe the courier to get it delivered though.
Why dont you try Mumtazuddin or RG cellular in Kolkata(stay away from mobile store)

OP
justme101

justme101

" It'S iN tHe GaMe..."
After 3 months of this post i have purchased HTC EXPLORER ... i really like it it's quite elegant and does the work i want it to do. Future purchase will be a bit expensive(You know what i mean) :wink: Thank you every one :)

Top Bottom