help me choose a name / domain name for my site

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Hi guys ..

few days back i got a hosting plan from outpowering.. and am happy with it ..

i have purchased a domain name for my p.s use.. whicih is www.Urssiva.com

now since i can use more than 1 domain name on the same hsoting .. i just want to add another blog to the hosting ..

please help me choose one..

since me , my friends are going to use with a subdomain ...ie ...

me.xxxxxx.com
friend1.xxxxxx.com
friend2.xxxxxx.com

i wnt a universal , good name...

i am plaaning to get .com or .us anything... but name is importnat and it should be catchy...

please suggegest few..

if i dont sleect ur suggestion please dont take me wrong...

please hurry up guys...

thnks iun advance...

Last edited:
OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
i and my friends are planning to be more of tech related... like pc games , tricks , tuts , other similar...

no i ahve planned to get a new domain name... and want some cheap domain tooo..

some can someone help me ..

Last edited:

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Hmmm domain name is really a crucial choice to make for a good lasting impression..
I guess take something like techstuff.in or something like that ..

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
.in is very costly ...

cant afford it .. more over we dont want it to be country specific..

so either want .com,.net etc or .us...atleast..

please suggest few guys ...

and its noy my name ... a commmon name like techblablabla.com...

Last edited:
OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
guys i am planning to have a common doamain and give away subdomins to my frineds ..

so ccan u be more common like blogpod... etc... that would be more helpful...

thnks coooolll for ur suggestion

amol48

Searching...
Naveen.. you don want it to be country-specific and are still open to .us domains! :p Didn't understand this!

Anyways how's wegeek.com or wegeeks.com or just vgeeks.com

Go for name.com IMO. A bit pricey than GoDaddy but still lot better than it. I personally have 4 domains at name.com and two at Godaddy and man, Godaddy literally takes ages to load their domain manager on my 256kbps connection!

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Naveen.. you don want it to be country-specific and are still open to .us domains! :p Didn't understand this!

Anyways how's wegeek.com or wegeeks.com or just vgeeks.com

Go for name.com IMO. A bit pricey than GoDaddy but still lot better than it. I personally have 4 domains at name.com and two at Godaddy and man, Godaddy literally takes ages to load their domain manager on my 256kbps connection!

oooppppss dsorry... since .us was cheap i was having that on mind .. more over a .us domain is welcomed everywhere ...

thnks for the name suggestion ... will check it out...

mindheaps

anything short bro .. please ...

guys please suggest few more ... coz for the three days i have been stuck and i have to start the blog asap.....

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Domain has nothing to do with page loading. Page loading depend on your host provider.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
guys ... i ahve been searching for this domain name ... for last 2-3 days./.. and its making me mad...

i want a SEO friendly name...

please suggest s few....

denharsh

p@r@noid
@ Naveen
SEO can be done easily without any good domain name....
SEO matters the most with your keyword you select...and the competition u have along with it.
I can give u SEO services and can give you great traffic from Google without a good domain name....

There are many things to be consider here when we talk about SEO:

Anyways have a look at this article might help u

Tips To select good domain name

@ Naveen
I have a good domain name which is related to tech

www.chromoz.com (Chrome+mozilla)

but I'm selling it with the host (Dreamhost 1ye unlimited plan)

PM me if you are interested...

Last edited:

amol48

Searching...
Domain has nothing to do with page loading. Page loading depend on your host provider.

I am not saying that Godaddy is slow or anything as such! Of course I understand that site loading is dependant of host only. I meant to say that the admin panel of Godaddy takes ages to load and hence if he buy it from then it will be difficult for him to manage that domain... I hope this clears it now :)

guys ... i ahve been searching for this domain name ... for last 2-3 days./.. and its making me mad...

please suggest s few....

Just try to get your keyword in your domain name then. That's it! Nothing else matters! But you might want to keep it short so that it's easier for visitors and also try to avoid hyphens..

Last edited:

mrintech

Technomancer
Try out Following Sites (For Domain Name Suggestions):

* *www.dotomator.com/
* *domaintyper.com/
* *ajaxwhois.com/

;)

Mystic

wise one
oooppppss dsorry... since .us was cheap i was having that on mind .. more over a .us domain is welcomed everywhere ...

thnks for the name suggestion ... will check it out...

.us domain is only allowed to be registered by the residents of United States. Legally.

naveen_reloaded said:

please suggest s few....

You pretty much sound confused. If you're planning to start a common, non-niche-targeted site then there's no such thing as "SEO friendly name" or keyword rich domain for you. It'd be more about branding. Don't hope for some really good domain name suggestion here, if a person would know he would register it for himself. Many won't even bother to check if the domain name is available or not. :lol:

C'mon, think! Domain name doesn't even need to make sense when it comes to branding, as long as it's unique and easy to remember.

amol48

Searching...
.us domain is only allowed to be registered by the residents of United States. Legally.

That's not true and only a MYTH!

You pretty much sound confused. If you're planning to start a common, non-niche-targeted site then there's no such thing as "SEO friendly name" or keyword rich domain for you. It'd be more about branding. Don't hope for some really good domain name suggestion here, if a person would know he would register it for himself. Many won't even bother to check if the domain name is available or not. :lol:

C'mon, think! Domain name doesn't even need to make sense when it comes to branding, as long as it's unique and easy to remember.

Domain branding is good only for big companies or if you have some out-of-the-box idea for your site that might help you get quick publicity. Otherwise KEYWORDS ARE important for search engine rankings.

And yes, there IS SEO friendly domain name and keyword rich domain thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom