help me choose a name / domain name for my site

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I am not saying that Godaddy is slow or anything as such! Of course I understand that site loading is dependant of host only. I meant to say that the admin panel of Godaddy takes ages to load and hence if he buy it from then it will be difficult for him to manage that domain... I hope this clears it now :)
Agree with you....
Godaddy control panel is bulky and loads slowly....

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
thnks guys....

for all the help..

ravi i wanted to contact u..

here is the question anyway..

i found that u site is giving doamain at the rate of 330 Rs / yr.

wht about after 1 year ?? is it the same 330 RS or how much is it on the consequective years ??? and is there any extra charges ?

i have almost madeup my mind to a domain name and having confusion in getting the domain.. i am confused coz different sites give different price..

please help me guys...

Mystic

wise one
That's not true and only a MYTH!

Domain branding is good only for big companies or if you have some out-of-the-box idea for your site that might help you get quick publicity. Otherwise KEYWORDS ARE important for search engine rankings.

And yes, there IS SEO friendly domain name and keyword rich domain thing!

Re-read what I said. When it comes to mere non-targeted niche and pretty generic, there is no need of keyword rich domain - heck, there'd be no keyword to target as he's kind of making a blog hosting for his friends. And where did I said there's no such thing keyword rich domains in general? That said, I've been a webmaster since years before your knowledge center DP, SP, WF, BH pop-out, I'm not some random newbie who'd give out false information to people so don't be jumpy on me. :smile:

And that .US domain thing, I'll quote you the recently talked Godaddy, agreement page. Also note I said "LEGALLY", any registrar can 'cancel' your .us domain if they find out you're not a US resident.

*www.godaddy.com/gdshop/legal_agreements/show_doc.asp?pageid=DOMAIN_NC
5. provisions specific to .US registrations

You, the Registrant, shall indemnify and hold harmless NeuStar, the .US Registry, and its directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, affiliates, and stockholders from and against any and all claims, suits, actions, other proceedings, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses of any kind, including without limitation reasonable legal fees and expenses, arising out of or relating to the Registrant's (i) .US domain name registration and (ii) use of any .US registered domain name.
The New Registrant certifies that it meets the following Nexus Requirements to qualify to register to use a .US domain name.

A. Registrants must be either:

1. A natural person (i) who is a United States citizen, (ii) who is a permanent resident of the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories, or (ii) whose primary place of domicile is in the United States of America or any of its possessions, or;
    2. An entity or organization that is (i) incorporated within one of the fifty (50) U.S. states, the district of Columbia, or any of the United States possessions or territories or (ii) organized or otherwise constituted under the laws of a state of the United States of America, the District of Columbia or any of its possessions (including a federal, state, or local government of the United States, or a political subdivision thereof, and non-commercial organizations based in the United States), or;
    3. A foreign entity or organization that has a bona fide presence in the United States of America or any of its possession or territories that also (i) regularly engages in lawful activities (sales of goods or services or other business, commercial or non-commercial including not-for-profit activities) in the Unites States, or (ii) maintains an office or other property within the United States.
@naveen_reloaded

Go for name.com, with "IPANEMA" coupon (will discount $1.04). Total cost will be $7.95 and free private whois [protection].

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
thnks guys....

for all the help..

ravi i wanted to contact u..

here is the question anyway..

i found that u site is giving doamain at the rate of 330 Rs / yr.

wht about after 1 year ?? is it the same 330 RS or how much is it on the consequective years ??? and is there any extra charges ?

i have almost madeup my mind to a domain name and having confusion in getting the domain.. i am confused coz different sites give different price..

please help me guys...
which domain name extension???
you can see mine domain offers and pricing here:
*www.whost.in/Domains

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
.com INR 330.00

from *techiehost.supersite.myorderbox.com/

i just want to know whether the price is same for the next year....

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
.com INR 330.00

from *techiehost.supersite.myorderbox.com/

i just want to know whether the price is same for the next year....
That is past....... latest price and offers are mentioned here:
*www.whost.in/domains
and this is only page from where domain order is valid.

I can offer you free .com domain name with any shared web hosting plan, but no other discount coupon will be valid (current is 10% lifetime off)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom