Help !! I have bricked my nokia 6233 while updating firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edburg

In the zone
Guys i need your help....

i wanted to update my nokia 6233 firmware but with my crappy computer i delayed and atlast iu cudn't wait any longer.....

while it was updatiung the firmware my system crashed and now the mobile is not at all booting......

its inside warrenty and going to go to service center soon....in the mean time any way i can do it on my own ??? Also is it repairable ??

It has survived several falls and 5 min under water recently......

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
If you can't get it to start up, chances are it is dead. You will need to take it to the service center where they will re-flash the firmware for you.

They will charge you quite a bit, there is nothing you can do really.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
yes, it is definitely repairable...but they will charge u for it b'coz bricking isn't generally covered by warranty

OP
Edburg

Edburg

In the zone
@pathiks....i tried connecting the data cable but it is not even recognising the mobile as it is switched off and not starting

so i will be charged fee for that....can i then say it was not my fault and say it just went off.....and then repair it in warrenty for free....

also if they are able to do it then we must also be able to do it right ??? Anyone knows the procedure ??

OP
Edburg

Edburg

In the zone
the guys at the nokia care center are nuts....:mad:

they were delaying and delaying repeatedly.....they thoroughly checked my moblie and found out that water had entered my mobile...:( so they say it is not under warrenty....

also they say it has software prob(obviously firmware);) and also some hardware prob...:confused:

i was a bit skeptical about what they are saying....so i brought my moblie back without repairing...

now i want to know that if water has previously entered but mobile working fine after that....is there any chances of hardware prob occuring ???:confused:

also if anyone knows how to flash the firmware without even mobile starting..please tell me....

thinking of trying another nokia care center tomo to see what they have to say....

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^ Welcome to India. :p This is how mobile service centres work here. Whatever the problem may be, they'll either say it has water in it (even though it didn't had the slightest chance to get it) or has a software problem and needs formatting. I think these are the only two things they're taught while training.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
^^ Welcome to India. :p This is how mobile service centres work here. Whatever the problem may be, they'll either say it has water in it (even though it didn't had the slightest chance to get it) or has a software problem and needs formatting.

Actually, he has those two issues exactly. His post says his mobile was skinny-dipping for 5 (?) minutes. And then he bricked it with an update via a slow system (With Windows :p).

So those guys are right.

User Name

In the zone
while it was updatiung the firmware my system crashed and now the mobile is not at all booting......
i tried connecting the data cable but it is not even recognising the mobile as it is switched off and not starting

Maybe ur phone battery is down. Charge the battery through another's phone and try to install firmware again.
If ur phone is still not detected by comp. maybe boot data of phone is corrupt
Then the last option is to replace hardware.

bugsome

Broken In
The nokia care guys are right..u have to get it serviced..even if paid.. as soon as possible..bcoz even the slightest presence of water inside can damage ur circuits.It will cause a problem sooner or later..so better u get it serviced and after all its ur mistake not there...

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
So those guys are right.
Its things like these that leads me to believe miracles really do happen. However I did miss the fact that his mobile indeed took a dip. However my friends SE J230i didn't. Even though he was forced to believe that his phone indeed went under water. And then pay for it.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I dunno about nokia phones but in SE phones, water intrusion can be detected. All those of you SE phone owners can open up the battery and see a rounded rectangular white patch (usually near the terminals).

Its something like a phase-change material. When Water comes in contact with it, the white patch develops pinkish-red spots and thats how the service center guys detect water related problems. A solution is to tape/seal it so that water doesn't come in contact with it! :D

OP
Edburg

Edburg

In the zone
thx for ur views guys....:)

now my mobile is not starting or detected....so any of u guys know how the nokia people load the firmware in this position ??? there is enuf charge in battery

The nokia care guys are right..u have to get it serviced..even if paid.. as soon as possible..bcoz even the slightest presence of water inside can damage ur circuits.It will cause a problem sooner or later..so better u get it serviced and after all its ur mistake not there...

but after i dropped mobile in water i dint turn it on and let it dry for 2-3 days.....then i started and it worked very well....so how can the hardware prob(which they say is there) occur:confused: if so it wudnt have worked well after that right ????

also the nokia care people seem sticking onto the fact that mobile under water so major probs and no warrenty......they wudnt listen to me if i try saying the firmware was the one not allowing the mobile to start and try loading the firmware and see if it works......

2 of my frnds had probs along with me when we were on tour :
one wetted his mobile in beach and then turned it on....so it went dead cos of short circuit or something.....
another one had n91 and he dropped mobile and the side menu and lock button were not working very well....he gave it to service center and they charged Rs.1500 for those 2 buttons:mad: so i am afraid to give it to them for repair as they keep telling no warrenty and looks to charge a hefty amount....

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
^^ Don't get excited. Thats the case with all service centres in India, regardless of the manufacturer.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^^ Welcome to India. :p This is how mobile service centres work here. Whatever the problem may be, they'll either say it has water in it (even though it didn't had the slightest chance to get it) or has a software problem and needs formatting. I think these are the only two things they're taught while training.
TEE HEE! This happens not only in India but any of Nokia's crappy repair centres.I highly doubt what kind of people they have working out there.The contact centre that I work for is a highly reputed mobile company in Australia & I have seen many of the time our customer's complaining that the repair centre claims their handset has incurred moisture damage or physical damage even though there wasn't a remotest possiblity of water entering it.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom