Headphones with good bass. budget 1k +/-200

OP
B

Bencollins

Broken In
@5fusion: thanks, ordered Sony MDR-XB30EX Extra-Bass IEM @ 1506/- from infibeam using 5% off coupon.

Last edited:

5fusion

Journeyman
@5fusion: thanks, ordered Sony MDR-XB30EX Extra-Bass IEM @ 1506/- from infibeam using 5% off coupon.
good price.. infibeam is a trusted site.. got my xb90s from them only:wink:.
I've ordered the Sony XB400 at 1.6k from flipkart. :) :D
congrats mate. they are very comfy as well. you would definitely love the deep bass on these:). i'll be comin with a review on these by end of this month as a lot of people do look for headphones in this range and may be a comparison also with AT sj33. so keep an eye on reviews section:rolleyes:

Last edited:

har

In the zone
congrats mate. they are very comfy as well. you would definitely love the deep bass on these:). i'll be comin with a review on these by end of this month as a lot of people do look for headphones in this range and may be a comparison also with AT sj33. so keep an eye on reviews section:rolleyes:

I'll post some pics :)

OP
B

Bencollins

Broken In
I'm not happy with Sony MDR-XB30EX :( Compared to Soundmagic ES18, they sound a little bit muffled + bass is similar [or worse as it sounds a bit muffled]. I've used it for ~5-6Hrs. How much improvement can i expect after burning in for 50hrs or so? I'm considering about ditching them and getting PL21 or other soundmagic IEMs :(

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I'm not happy with Sony MDR-XB30EX :( Compared to Soundmagic ES18, they sound a little bit muffled + bass is similar [or worse as it sounds a bit muffled]. I've used it for ~5-6Hrs. How much improvement can i expect after burning in for 50hrs or so? I'm considering about ditching them and getting PL21 or other soundmagic IEMs :(

^^I did warn you about them, didnt I? Bass wont improve thats the problem with them, the inaccurate bloated unwieldy bass will eat up the midrange ,kill the treble's airy character hence make the soundstage muffled in the end.I told you to get the PL21 and painstakingly posted about why not a Sony or some Sonys,you should have read them.

I always say no to Sony Extra Bass Crap both IEM and Headphones.

For bassy but way better all rounders over the Sony's BullCrap IEMs you should have got the Denon AH-C260/Philips SHE9700

Last edited:
OP
B

Bencollins

Broken In
^^painstakingly posted about why not a Sony or some Sonys,you should have read them.

yes, but i thought it only applies for Headphones. :( made a foolish mistake by assuming sony IEMs to be better than ES18 as many FK reviewrs were claiming. 'has excellent bass and sound quality'.

:(

anyways, will see if i can sell it without considerable loss. Will increase my budget to 2.5k next time before considering any other IEM.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bencollins

Broken In
How's Signature Acoustics C12 ? I did some research and found its lot better than other IEMs in its price range. and C12 offers everything i need. good bass with balanced sound quality.

max budget is 2.5k +/- 300

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
How's Signature Acoustics C12 ? I did some research and found its lot better than other IEMs in its price range. and C12 offers everything i need. good bass with balanced sound quality.

Its a very good option IMO.
Check ClieOS's & Joker's reviews
In Ear Matters: [REVIEW] Signature Acoustics Elements C-12

Signature Acoustics Elements C-12 | The Headphone List

You Can also Check out Vsonic VSD1.
I'm confused between C12 & VSD1 so waiting for some reviews especially Jokers.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

Better than Sony, Its not a very neutral flat sounding IEM and leans towards bass with a midrange hump and the Treble is not very well defined but not too less either,so if you are looking for accuracy its not for you but if you want entertainment ,yes they are way better than the Sonys you have now. Keep in mind to have a source which is energetic and not warm/thick sounding to get the Signature IEM singing!

OP
B

Bencollins

Broken In
@the incinerator: I'm a total n00b in audio. IDK what is mid range or treble is :p all i want is they should be as good as or better than my current ES18 [balanced sound with punchy bass]. and shouldn't feel like those XB30 sony [muffled sound]

I've already sold those Sonys @ ebay :p although its foolish to compare but are they better than ES18? I mean i don't want to repeat the same mistake again. ES18s were better than XB30EX IMO.
I need something with xcellent bass, but it shouldn't sound muffled like sony XB30s. I need something like ES18 , but better than ES18s.

bubusam13

Human
But I ditched my MP21(PL 21 with mic) after getting Sony XB30. I agree on day one I too even thaught what big mistake I have done by buying XB30, only boomy bass and nothing but after a month of usage, it's sound quality totally changed.
But Still at normal or flat equalization they sound more leaned towards bass. I got these equalizer tweaks and now I believe I won't have to buy another pair till these lasts.
They say there is nothing like burn in, our ears get used the SQ oh headphones. So I lend my XBs to many and few end up buying a pair for themselves.
Below settings produce nice and punchy Bass and great trebles
*i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n536/bubusam13/DSCN1415_zps4b759abb.jpg

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
^^Thats called Psychoacoustics ,the sound didnt change,its your brains that adapted itself.For a reality check,check them again or do a A/B testing with a PL21 ,and you will know what Im talking about!

@Ben, look at the Denon AH-C 260 for good bass with a balanced sound signature and if you want a change from the current sound signature of the Soundmagic,Or stick with the ES 18 as they are very good,and dont just upgrade just for the sake of it.

bubusam13

Human
^^Thats called Psychoacoustics ,the sound didnt change,its your brains that adapted itself.For a reality check,check them again or do a A/B testing with a PL21 ,and you will know what Im talking about!

Please read carefully what I have written before commenting. Read the 3rd paragraph.

5fusion

Journeyman
Better than Sony, Its not a very neutral flat sounding IEM and leans towards bass with a midrange hump and the Treble is not very well defined but not too less either,so if you are looking for accuracy its not for you but if you want entertainment ,yes they are way better than the Sonys you have now. Keep in mind to have a source which is energetic and not warm/thick sounding to get the Signature IEM singing!
an important thing to be noted for c12 regarding source:thumbs:.

Anyways EQ dosnt make a inherently crap iem good,EQ to change SQ or Harmonics is lame.
well that is certainly not inherently crap iem. its not the best out there in budget but decent. soundmagic equivlnts do perform better if someone needs more cleaner sound. So stop cursing sony. they do have their share in best out there when audiophiles do need some audio love:).
now both the things do happen in case of audio. psychoacoustics is in case of audio perception by our ears and burn-in is in case with the equipment. its very subjective to what extent you hear the change and sometimes the change itself is not much or unnoticeable.
EQ to change sound a bit according to your requirement is anybody's preference and in no way lame. Infact the ones who crave for perfect sound for their ears(Audiophiles) do end up EQing to some extent no matter what. now it depends what users use s/w or h/w EQs:wink:.

OP
B

Bencollins

Broken In
I had used them for ~12hrs. I was feeling like sound quality was improving, but as The Incinerator said, my brain was adapting to its sound :p tried ES18 again, they were stil better IMO, XB30 still felt muffled even after 12hrs of use.

5fusion

an important thing to be noted for c12 regarding source:thumbs:.

what source? :O i'm using ipod touch 4G. no amps or something like that

Knight2A4

In the zone
With all the Below 2k IEM Philips stands out i have found 2 highly rated IEM from them SHE 3580 & SHE 9700. These two IEM have every good reviews all over the net. As far as E.Qing goes i have followed PiccoloNamek Tutorial How to equalize your headphones: A Tutorial & then to Joe Bloggs *www.head-fi.org/t/633102/budget-iems-review-panasonic-rp-hje355-posted-18-february-2013 Now there are many people who have found these post useful & i have also found that precise E.Qing can improve your Earphone SQ.

Here is some thing that i just stumbled upon.
How I Turned A Bass-IEM into a balanced/clearer iem

IMO E.Qing will not will not dramatically change the sound signature of any IEM. But it can be used to reduce the harshness of certain frequencies. but could not used to enhance them. So cutting of
harshness frequencies will bring out the true nature of a given iem. In case of Sony xb30ex i think the bass can be enhanced from muddy to tighter & more accurate by E.Qing.

Last edited:

bubusam13

Human
If I hadnt read carefully I wouldnt have mentioned the term Psychoacoustic, :duh: Anyways EQ dosnt make a inherently crap iem good,EQ to change SQ or Harmonics is lame.

You havenot still read this line properly "They say there is nothing like burn in, our ears get used the SQ oh headphones. So I lend my XBs to many and few end up buying a pair for themselves. "

And stop misleading reviews. I am not a selfproclaimed audiophile but I do have sensitive ears. And everyone recognizes what sweet sound is. MP21 is definitely good but lacks bass. As I have both, I can compare them side by side. Even others with whom I have shared both IEMs agree to what I said. And here we are talking about sub 2K IEMs, never expect them to give perfect sound.

well that is certainly not inherently crap iem. its not the best out there in budget but decent. soundmagic equivlnts do perform better if someone needs more cleaner sound. So stop cursing sony. they do have their share in best out there when audiophiles do need some audio love:).

Exactly man ! And Sony XB series is for additional bass. Expecting them to produce balanced sound would be foolish. Further they need burn in for a month or so from my experience.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
You havenot still read this line properly "They say there is nothing like burn in, our ears get used the SQ oh headphones. So I lend my XBs to many and few end up buying a pair for themselves. "

And stop misleading reviews. I am not a selfproclaimed audiophile but I do have sensitive ears. And everyone recognizes what sweet sound is. MP21 is definitely good but lacks bass. As I have both, I can compare them side by side. Even others with whom I have shared both IEMs agree to what I said. And here we are talking about sub 2K IEMs, never expect them to give perfect sound.

Exactly man ! And Sony XB series is for additional bass. Expecting them to produce balanced sound would be foolish. Further they need burn in for a month or so from my experience.

More bass dosnt mean only bass!!! You are misleading OP here and he squarely dosnt like the Sony and its for a reason as we all dont have SENSITIVE ears like yours!!!:rofl: Thank God........

Additional Bass:rofl: .... Ha ha ha ha ha h whats that,bringing in drum kit and playing along with rest of percussionists?It is this very out of the egg experience hass doomed OP. He ended up buying a crappy or the crappiest IEM at that price point levaing aside Philips SHE 9700 and the Denon. Sony makes some good Pro Studio Cans but when its the Consumer market...they have some of the worst line ups.Get your concept right,listen to some more a lot more IEMS ,need not be expensive but start ....Its suggestion like yours half baked,ends up people buying crap. OP wants bass BUT NOT AT THE COST SOUNDSTAGE MUFFLING....Clear?

Last edited:
Top Bottom