Headphones with good bass. budget 1k +/-200

OP
B

Bencollins

Broken In
XB30EX are crap, IMO. I would never suggest them to anyone. Even my Es18 produces similar bass without screwing up meds and highs :( I need something that has excellent bass but decent amount of meds and highs as well, realized this only after buying XB30

I've finalized b/w Signature Acoustics C12 and Vsonic GR02 bass edition. Which one is better? I'll order new IEMs this monday.

contacted ClieOS from headfi, he says C12 is better than GR02 BE

Last edited:

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Signature Accouctics C12 is better over the VSonic,according to my listening experience. But I find them a bit expensive for what it does at that price point over cheaper Soundmagics.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
I'm not expert in this but speaking from my experience of 5+ yrs with sony ericsson Iems around 1.5 to 2k which I guess totally made by sony. They sound very muffled & overpowering Mids & Highs. BTW my source were mobile phones i.e. SE K750i / W800 /W700 & C510.

@Bencollins
Instead of Vsonic GR02 BE wait for VSD1. It seems very promising IEM around 3k & could be better than C12 if you prefer more of balanced & neutral sounding IEM.
GR02 Silver is also good which said to be next Brainwavz M1 by Joker.

OP
B

Bencollins

Broken In
the incinerator: I had checked a few SM IEMs but all of them either have over the ear desgin or they lack L shaped connector.

sandynator : I want bass, but not at the cost of muffled meds and highs.

sankar

Broken In
@ The Incinerator what do you think about SoundMagic PL30.Currently i am using she 9700.
will it be a upgrade over my current she 9700 ?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
If you can live without that bass ,and see more music in mids and highs and with just about enough low end,then yes.

Last edited:

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
@ The Incinerator what do you think about SoundMagic PL30.Currently i am using she 9700.

Its gr8 IEM only if you can live with less impact-full bass. A good source can take the best out of it.

In my case BBE MP Eq settings of my Nationite N2 compensates the shortfall of bass. For some people Fitting & Isolation would be an issue. I shelled out Rs.400/- for bi & Triflanges tips but was not satisfied, finally logitech UE200 Silicon tips fitted me well.

Its gr8 IEM only if you can live with less impact-full bass. A good source can take the best out of it.

In my case BBE MP Eq settings of my Nationite N2 compensates the shortfall of bass. For some people Fitting & Isolation would be an issue. I shelled out Rs.400/- for bi & Triflanges tips but was not satisfied, finally logitech UE200 Silicon tips fitted me well.

Top Bottom