HD6950 vs 560Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
and those who say sapphire is hot then check reviews. it runs at 70c under load which is not a problem at all. dont know which fan profile settings they use.
even rchi84's gigabyte 6950 with stock cooler and oced to 880 and unlocked to 6970 shaders runs at 61c under crysis 2 load. you see how fan profile helps.
and sapphire cooler is better.

@Skud, This is the case with 560Ti TFII

Source

let me show you another example.

you see this -
MSI R6950 Twin Frozr II OC review
6950 TFII reaching 987mhz without voltage tweak.
We reached a very decent overclock showing a bump in overall performance. Voltage tweaking is not yet option.

now this -
*www.overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/msi_r6950_twin_frozr_ii_review/3here it reaches barely 895mhz.

got my point?

and those who worry about oc potential of 6950 1GB. check ocn. some users have oced their XFX ones to 1GHz.
again not all will reach that point.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
And what about the astronomical power draw of the 560Ti, and even higher when OCed? I guess, it has no negative effect on the GPU.

Its not that astronomically high
Power Consumption Idle
Gtx560ti- 14W
Hd6950-18w

Average-
Gtx560ti-128W
Hd6950-108W

Peak-

Gtx560ti-147W
HD6950-128W

Maximum

Gtx560Ti-202w
HD6950-182w

Source
So its not that sky high

MegaMind

Human Spambot
let me show you another example.

you see this -
MSI R6950 Twin Frozr II OC review
6950 TFII reaching 987mhz without voltage tweak.

now this -
*www.overclock3d.net/reviews/gpu_displays/msi_r6950_twin_frozr_ii_review/3here it reaches barely 895mhz.

got my point?

and those who worry about oc potential of 6950 1GB. check ocn. some users have oced their XFX ones to 1GHz.
again not all will reach that point.

Actually the talk is abt Sapphire 6950 and MSI gtx 560Ti TFII.. I wonder why u are posting these??:-?

prove it

please prove it.

every chip is not same. in guru3d forums some stop at 920-930 mhz.

90 degrees celsius on 1 of my GPUs = immenent death?? - GameSpot Forums - PC Hardware Discussion

HD4850 running at ~88 degrees celsius (190 F) [Archive] - Steam Users' Forums

Read some reviews...

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Actually the talk is abt Sapphire 6950 and MSI gtx 560Ti TFII.. I wonder why u are posting these??:-?

Read some reviews...

come on. 6950 is a 6950. just coolers are changed.

are these much reviews not sufficient to read -

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...-buying-guide-july-2011-a-42.html#post1453547
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...-buying-guide-july-2011-a-43.html#post1453600

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its not that astronomically high
Power Consumption Idle
Gtx560ti- 14W
Hd6950-18w

Average-
Gtx560ti-128W
Hd6950-108W

Peak-

Gtx560ti-147W
HD6950-128W

Maximum

Gtx560Ti-202w
HD6950-182w

Source
So its not that sky high

10-20W more for the TFII. ;)

MegaMind

Human Spambot
come on. 6950 is a 6950. just coolers are changed.

Yes exactly wat i'm saying... comparing stock 560ti to 6950, 6950 wins...

560Ti wen placed in a TFii & uped to 880MHz beats the stock 6950 that sells @ 13.2K...
So this 560Ti TFII is jus 0.5k over the stock 6950 & performs better, OCs better, also stays cool:cool:... So w/o a doubt this product provides VFM ;-)

Last edited:

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Anything less than 90C is absolutely within the thermal envelope of the 69xx series. And what about the astronomical power draw of the 560Ti, and even higher when OCed? I guess, it has no negative effect on the GPU.

Wats the point?:?:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Overclock will consume some more power.Its general fact.

Like overclock will generate more heat - its a general fact. Point is whether that's a negative point or not.

Wats the point?:?:

Point is 80-85C is not a problem for 6950. I have had 2-2.5 hours of continuous gaming with this card, temps remain at 77-78C without any crashes, lockups etc. OCing to 6950 TFIII levels without overvolting raised load temps to 79-81C max. Check this:-

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/139791-gpu-around-14k-9.html#post1439141

And I guess, you would agree that a 6950 TFIII will handsomely beat any 560Ti including the Hawk.

So temps are higher on the Sapphire 6950 1gb compared to the competition, but nothing to worry about. The OC link I have posted earlier had 84-85C in most games except Heaven (which is a benchmark anyway) where it crosses 90C. And its power requirements are far lower than 560Ti and of course, the TFII.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Like overclock will generate more heat - its a general fact. Point is whether that's a negative point or not.

Overclock will generate more heat if you use stock cooler.Not the case with TFII or TFIII cooler though

Tenida

Gadget Freak
And I guess, you would agree that a 6950 TFIII will handsomely beat any 560Ti including the Hawk.

6950 TF III cost higher than hawk.Also its 2GB model.It will not beat handsomely.560Ti hawk will give tough competition.

Sapphire's cooler is not stock either. ;)

I am not taking about sapphire cooler.I taking about cooler made for reference model of any AMD/Nvidia

MegaMind

Human Spambot

The price diff is 1.2K and it has to be faster...

So temps are higher on the Sapphire 6950 1gb compared to the competition, but nothing to worry about.
Even so, we have to worry abt performance, OC potential...

The OC link I have posted earlier had 84-85C in most games except Heaven (which is a benchmark anyway) where it crosses 90C. And its power requirements are far lower than 560Ti and of course, the TFII.

How far 100W?? Jus 15-25W doesnt hurt anyone...

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
6950 TF III cost higher than hawk.Also its 2GB model.It will not beat handsomely.560Ti hawk will give tough competition.

I am not taking about sapphire cooler.I taking about cooler made for reference model of any AMD/Nvidia

The price diff is 1.2K and it has to be faster...

Even so, we have to worry abt performance, OC potential...

How far 100W?? Jus 15-25W doesnt hurt anyone...

What I was trying to say the Saphhire 6950 1gb running at TFIII speeds, which it does comfortably would definitely beat the 560Ti TFII etc. And temps remain close to 80C at that clocks and I have not even tested in a controlled environment like the hardware labs. So its not a problem at all.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ But 560-ti will reach 950 with the TFII cooler and temps will still be under control.

In sapphire, if you reach 900, then you very well know what will happen.:wink:

6950TFII & TFIII are one of the safest 6950 based cards that are overclock friendly and can be pushed to limits keeping temps under control. But its not the case with the sapphire.
Toxic can pull it off.

Cut the discussion here. Its going nowhere.:neutral:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I guess we have had enough discussion. OP can make up his mind now. He can't go wrong either way he goes.

Thread locked.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Re: Hardware price list/spec sheet

easily i can ;-)
but i dont want to spoil the thread. If u want we can talk via pm. :)

MSI 560ti TFii quite clearly beats sapphire 6950, its a universal truth..
I'm tired of saying this again n again... :lol:

Anyway as u hav ordered the Sapphire card noway u are going to accept the truth.. Enjoy gaming...:wink:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Re: Hardware price list/spec sheet

MSI 560ti TFii quite clearly beats sapphire 6950, its a universal truth..
I'm tired of saying this again n again...

Anyway as u hav ordered the Sapphire card noway u are going to accept the truth.. Enjoy gaming...:wink:

:facepalm:

man please post that review which makes you believe this. preferably pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom