HD6950 vs 560Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ megamind

Exactly. Both are better options than 6950 1gb. Op should go for 560-ti here. Overclocking potential of sapphire 69501gb is bad.

You sure about it??? Check this:-

Google Translate

At those clocks the sapphire 6950 1gb will beat the pants out of any 560Ti on the earth. ;)

At stock voltage, TFIII clocks are easily achievable without much effect on temps. Even then it would beat the 560Ti eyes closed.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ O really??? In your dreams i guess. If you are hell bent in blowing your card away, go ahead and overclock until it becomes a toasted duck.

O i got it 90c is fine for you guys. Try it yourselves but don't suggest others to do the same.:neutral:

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Google Translate

At those clocks the sapphire 6950 1gb will beat the pants out of any 560Ti on the earth. ;)

At stock voltage, TFIII clocks are easily achievable without much effect on temps. Even then it would beat the 560Ti eyes closed.

Check it again urself,
Facturer can be several known ways. The first option is to use the sliders in the drivers or utilities such as traditional MSI Afterburner or the like. For a beginner there is just one problem, the card has a BIOS lock is set to the maximum frequency of 840/1300 MHz. If you want to over due to display these values, you have three options: to modify the BIOS (not recommended), edit the configuration file from the MSI Afterburner or use the new utility from Sapphire - Trixx. The last option but does not change the GPU core voltage, then left again just tried Afterburner.

The resulting frequency at a voltage of 1.25 V was finally 950/5600 MHz. Higher voltage has failed uchladit cooler or in the games, they would not help - the higher core frequencies to me with a higher voltage reached.
Also the Temps at crysis warhead is 85'C @ 100% fan speed...

And here, Overclocking 560ti TFII, W/o voltage tweaking TFII has achieved 974MHz, the temps stayed below 60'C...

I hope Sapphire 6950 is nowhere near 560ti TFII....

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^+1 :smile: Guru3d didn't even tweak voltages. This proves that 560-ti can even be pushed further without significant rise in temps.
Sapphire's limit was 950 mhz and at those temps, its really a serious concern.

OP
J

jetboy

Journeyman
Ok guys..lets not fight on it ;-)

I will go for 560 Ti final..... So would it go well with my configurations? and should I go for TF II or hawk? What are the prices for them? Will it be completely safe to get it online..or should I buy from a comp dealer?

Please help me out here so that I can get it soon and get lost in gaming nirvana :-D

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ jetboy

Hawk will be a sweet deal because it comes oced out of the box @ 950mhz. But twin frozr II version is also great for the price as it can be pushed too.

Ultimately, it depends on you.:smile:. My vote goes for 560-ti hawk.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Ok guys..lets not fight on it ;-)
This is just a discussion not a fight...

I will go for 560 Ti final..... So would it go well with my configurations? and should I go for TF II or hawk?

Depends on ur budget, If u can spend 15k get the 560ti Hawk...
PS : i personally would prefer the HAWK edition...

OP
J

jetboy

Journeyman
This is just a discussion not a fight...

Depends on ur budget, If u can spend 15k get the 560ti Hawk...
PS : i personally would prefer the HAWK edition...

I agree, but my question still remains...will HAWK go fine with my configuration?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Your system will be a bottleneck for multicore optimized games like crysis2 but still you'll get good fps. Upgrade to a good proc+mobo+ram combo once bulldozer launches.

Prices will get exciting then. So i suggest to wait for the right moment for a processor,mobo upgrade.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Skud, dont take this the wrong way i'm not against Sapphire or 6950, just saying the fact...

Is this a fact that 560Ti is better than 6950? Sorry, I beg to differ. You need an OCed 560Ti to actually get even to a stock clocked 6950. And once the price of 560Ti overtakes 6950, there's no point going for the 560Ti IMO. Anyway, as OP has already decided on his GPU (model yet to be decided), lets stop here. :)

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Is this a fact that 560Ti is better than 6950?
Ofcourse not, the discussion here is abt the Sapphire 6950 n 560Ti TFII.. Of these 2 TFII is a clear winner..

You need an OCed 560Ti to actually get even to a stock clocked 6950. And once the price of 560Ti overtakes 6950, there's no point going for the 560Ti IMO.
The price of 560ti TFII is not far from sapphire 6950... By 500 bucks, the performance diff./OCing pot./Temps are notable... So the 560Ti TFII is a clear VFM over the Sapphire 6950..

Last edited:
OP
J

jetboy

Journeyman
So is online buying safe for graphics card? Which one you do guys trust a lot? or have better buying experience. I had brought Altec lancing speakers from techshop.in...it was a good experience.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I just to post on 1 thing.I am not pointing to anybody.
If A gfx card temperature on full load is 85-90 degree and B card temperature on full load is 55 degree Celsius. Which card will last longer!! Forget about performance.Obviously B card will last longer.There's no point in arguing on this

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Buddy kindly check again its the non-ti version...

U are comparing GTX 560 with 6950...

OK, sorry, my mistake, deleted the post. :(

But in the Hawk review even after OCing it to over 1Ghz, the 3Dmark score remains closer to the 6950 1gb. And stock result is somewhat lower. Other results are also more or less neck to neck. I guess TFII would be somewhat lower performing to the Hawk. So there's no way the TFII is going to be a better performer than 6950 1gb.

Last edited:

MegaMind

Human Spambot
@Skud, This is the case with 560Ti TFII

Our stable end result was quite an impressive overclock, a good 974MHz on the core and 4800 on the memory. Temp went up merely a few degrees C but remains under 60 Degrees C. We did not apply any voltage tweak or anything and we can't help wondering what these cards do WITH voltage tweaking supported.

Source

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
@ megamind

Exactly. Both are better options than 6950 1gb. Op should go for 560-ti here. Overclocking potential of sapphire 69501gb is bad.

prove it

Ofcourse not, the discussion here is abt the Sapphire 6950 n 560Ti TFII.. Of these 2 TFII is a clear winner..

The price of 560ti TFII is not far from sapphire 6950... By 500 bucks, the performance diff./OCing pot./Temps are notable... So the 560Ti TFII is a clear VFM over the Sapphire 6950..

please prove it.

@Skud, This is the case with 560Ti TFII

Source

every chip is not same. in guru3d forums some stop at 920-930 mhz.

I just to post on 1 thing.I am not pointing to anybody.
If A gfx card temperature on full load is 85-90 degree and B card temperature on full load is 55 degree Celsius. Which card will last longer!! Forget about performance.Obviously B card will last longer.There's no point in arguing on this

90 degrees celsius on 1 of my GPUs = immenent death?? - GameSpot Forums - PC Hardware Discussion

My own HD4850 hit 102 and I wanted to use it till it burned out and then get a GTX460.But that card performed brilliantly for 2 years and GOD bless it-no sign of burning till now!! I got the GTX 460 aand continue using the HD4850 on my second PC and it still games furiously-no slowdowns,no shutdowns/freezes/artifacts.recently I gave it the treatment it deserves- a thorough dusting and a fresh coat of CM Thermalfusion 400(and cursed myself for being so cold-hearted towards it ).Now it barely reaches 85 on load, so I suggest you do the same.

HD4850 running at ~88 degrees celsius (190 F) [Archive] - Steam Users' Forums

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anything less than 90C is absolutely within the thermal envelope of the 69xx series. And what about the astronomical power draw of the 560Ti, and even higher when OCed? I guess, it has no negative effect on the GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom