HD6950 vs 560Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetboy

Journeyman
Hello Guys,

It seems that my 4870 has gone dead :-(..I am trying to get it repaired..but seems I am going to end buying a new one. When I bought 4870 three years back..it was easy to choose it with less chipset numbers available and all the help from Digit. I would like to know which card would be the best alternative to my 4870..It costed me 17K then, which would give me a good performance and serve me for a period like 4870 did or even more than that.

Could anyone please also let me know as where I can get information of the GPU chipsets for knowledge and see which is superior to other..like we know P4 is better and P3 ..likewise

Would any of the above GPU fit in my configuration below

Intel Core 2 duo E8400
Intel G45ID
Kingston 2gb Ram
Matrix 600W power supply
500GB HDD

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I suggest u buy MSI 560Ti

Could anyone please also let me know as where I can get information of the GPU chipsets for knowledge and see which is superior to other..like we know P4 is better and P3 ..likewise
there are many sites
anandtech,guru3D,tomshardware

Would any of the above GPU fit in my configuration below

Intel Core 2 duo E8400
Intel G45ID
Kingston 2gb Ram
Matrix 600W power supply
500GB HDD

all current gen Cards will work on your mobo.I guess u have PCI-e v1.1 mobo

OP
J

jetboy

Journeyman
Thanks Zangetsu and coolgame

@Zangetsu : I have a PCI-e 2.0 x16

If i go for 560Ti...which one should I go for? and what will it cost for now? could anyone please let me know that..thanks in advance.

How much would MSi cost ?

How abt ZOTAC GTX 560 Ti ?

Any other which would be worthy enough to be mentioned?

Zangetsu

If i go for 560Ti...which one should I go for? and what will it cost for now? could anyone please let me know that..thanks in advance.

How much would MSi cost ?
AS I've said MSI 560Ti Hawk edition coz many of the TDF members have got that one

OP
J

jetboy

Journeyman
Thank you for your replies guys. I have goggled for MSI 560Ti Hawk and read in the MSi forms that lots of people face heating problems with temp rising about 85-90..Is anyone facing the problem?

One more thing I would like to ask...it might sound silly, but in fear of burning out my computer parts I always keep the cabinets left panel open, which makes sure the graphics card run cooler..I do keep on cleaning it every fortnight with blower from vaccum cleaner..Is it a problem?

Zangetsu

One more thing I would like to ask...it might sound silly, but in fear of burning out my computer parts I always keep the cabinets left panel open, which makes sure the graphics card run cooler..I do keep on cleaning it every fortnight with blower from vaccum cleaner..Is it a problem?

instead u can mount 2-3 fans to supply cooling.how many fans r there in cabinet?

working with a Open Cabinet feels like working in a junkyard,& doesn't look good also...

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, Twin Frozr cards from MSI use a custom cooler which is one of the best. Hawk is based on Twin Frozr III cooler, having custom PCB design along with a Twin Forzr III cooler. It is a very very cool card and even power consumption is slightly lower than the reference models. You can even overclock the already factory overclocked card with ease and within very acceptable temp level.

OP
J

jetboy

Journeyman
instead u can mount 2-3 fans to supply cooling.how many fans r there in cabinet?

working with a Open Cabinet feels like working in a junkyard,& doesn't look good also...

Ya I understand..But still paying for that may fans will still attract lot of dust inside the cabinet and then there large fans within the graphics card also send a large number of heated air, which need to be thrown out soon. My friend had one CM cabinet with 3 fans..it would still give a red indicator in the temp section on the graphics card + after the machine gets settled down moisture settling becomes a BIG PROBLEM, which actually ruined his GPU too.

Buddy, Twin Frozr cards from MSI use a custom cooler which is one of the best. Hawk is based on Twin Frozr III cooler, having custom PCB design along with a Twin Forzr III cooler. It is a very very cool card and even power consumption is slightly lower than the reference models. You can even overclock the already factory overclocked card with ease and within very acceptable temp level.

Thanks for the info Cilus

Zangetsu

Ya I understand..But still paying for that may fans will still attract lot of dust inside the cabinet and then there large fans within the graphics card also send a large number of heated air, which need to be thrown out soon. My friend had one CM cabinet with 3 fans..it would still give a red indicator in the temp section on the graphics card + after the machine gets settled down moisture settling becomes a BIG PROBLEM, which actually ruined his GPU too.

But u wont have to clean it fortnightly *www.pic4ever.com/images/Ghelyon.gif

OP
J

jetboy

Journeyman
But u wont have to clean it fortnightly *www.pic4ever.com/images/Ghelyon.gif

haha I know its painfull...

Hey guys confusion with the MSI hawk..Was just checking on the MSi website they have 4 cards for 560 Ti

N560GTX-Ti Hawk - 950 Mhz
N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC - 880 Mhz
N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/SOC - 950 Mhz

Can anyone provide the costs of these? I guess I should go for the 950 ones??

Zangetsu

N560GTX-Ti Hawk - 950 Mhz
N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC - 880 Mhz
N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/SOC - 950 Mhz

Can anyone provide the costs of these? I guess I should go for the 950 ones??

*www.pic4ever.com/images/89.gif I think
u shud go with N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/SOC - 950 Mhz
just *www.pic4ever.com/images/smoking.gif wait for other suggestions

for prices:
primeabgb.com
theitwares.com

OP
J

jetboy

Journeyman
*www.pic4ever.com/images/89.gif I think
u shud go with N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/SOC - 950 Mhz
just *www.pic4ever.com/images/smoking.gif wait for other suggestions

for prices:
primeabgb.com
theitwares.com

didn't find the price there.

Zangetsu

Here
MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozer II/OC Price, Features - Dual GPU MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozer II/OC Price

MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozer II/OC
Happy Now *www.pic4ever.com/images/2uge4p4.gif

Tenida

Gadget Freak
No Hawk is better it has twin frozer III heatsink which is more cooler and better overclockable than tfII heatsink.hawk perform close to gtx570ti which is price at 21k so you're getting better performance at lower cost.TFIII or hawk has heatsink over vrm which tfII cooler doesnt have.
So go for MSI NGTX560ti HAWK eyes closed ;-)

MSI GTX560Ti TFII/OC 880MHZ-Rs 13600
MSI GTX560Ti HAWK 950MHZ-Rs 14750
SOC Version is new product stil not launched in India.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I don't agree Msi Gtx560ti Hawk is far better than sapphire HD 6950 1GB.Its more cooler than Sapphire 6950.You can also overclock Hawk at 1000Mhz.TFIII cooler is excellent for overclocking at cool temperature.

@Op read this following review and decide yourself
1)Hardocp
2)Tweaktown
3)Overclockersclub
4)Guru3d

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Yes MSI GTX 560 HAWK is superior than sapphire 6950 1gb and is absolutely worth the extra 1k premium. Besides excellent overclocking ability, the hawk runs much cooler and ensures good longevity of the gpu core.

Sapphire 6950 is okay for a stock card but forget overclocking in the long run due to high temperature. Its cooler is no match for msi twin frozr III cooler. The best 6950 you can buy has to be the 6950 twin frozr III p.e and its slightly faster than gtx 560 hawk out of the box.

@ op
Give the sapphire 6950 a wide berth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom