Hardware that you should NOT buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
well, when I had a chance to use athlon xp, i wasn't knowledgeble enough to check temperatures and as far as X2 is concerned, as I'm writing this my X2 3600+ (2.0 Ghz) is running at 40-41 degree Celsius in a room temperature of around 32 degrees. So guess it's a tad on the higher side, but as you said, temperatures are lower on athlon II & phenom II.

thats what i told. they partially solved the heat issue. so even if its high. the stock cooler does its job well.

@Sam.Shab, And why did you choose to do almost a U-Turn from your previous post?

U turn? where? i not able get u. i just told the pros & cons of choosing AMD over Intel.

deathgoddg

Right off the assembly line
and better always AMD coz they dont change their socket every now and then with a release of new proccy ..... while intel does the same ..many times i had money to change either the proccy or mobo but if i do that seperately agin it outdates in a month or two and doing both together will cost a lot as got to change ddr2 ram ...and ram prices are high in kolkata :(

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
and better always AMD coz they dont change their socket every now and then with a release of new proccy ..... while intel does the same ..many times i had money to change either the proccy or mobo but if i do that seperately agin it outdates in a month or two and doing both together will cost a lot as got to change ddr2 ram ...and ram prices are high in kolkata :(

a very good point to bring in. they change sockets with each generation but almost all are backward compatible. also next year Intel will bring Sandy Bridges. if they continue play the socket game, they'll push themselves towards trouble.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Intel introduces new sockets because people who buy with suggestions from retailers are always suggested Intel motherboards (for obvious reasons). So if a person goes for an upgrade to a new generation Intel processor, most of the time, Intel will also sell a motherboard. No wonder, Intel is Intel(ligent)
AMD ROCKS!!!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Intel introduces new sockets because people who buy with suggestions from retailers are always suggested Intel motherboards (for obvious reasons). So if a person goes for an upgrade to a new generation Intel processor, most of the time, Intel will also sell a motherboard. No wonder, Intel is Intel(ligent)
AMD ROCKS!!!

yes. retailers mostly opt for Intel stuff. also when the motherboard no more supports new processor, they forced purchase new one.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
And Intel also pays higher margins and target based incentive to some retailers, so retailers often try to lure buyers into buying intel products even if they ask for something else. There's no clear proof of this in India, but Intel has been slapped a pretty heavy fine for this policy in Europe and MNCs mostly follows similar practices everywhere.
That's why I say that one should go for AMD.
When my friends ask me why I hate intel so much, I tell them that there is no question of hating a company. If intel offers a 3.0 Ghz processor at say Rs. 500 + AMD's 3.0 Ghz processor's price, I'll go for Intel. It's the unnecessary premium that I don't want anyone to pay.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
And Intel also pays higher margins and target based incentive to some retailers, so retailers often try to lure buyers into buying intel products even if they ask for something else. There's no clear proof of this in India, but Intel has been slapped a pretty heavy fine for this policy in Europe and MNCs mostly follows similar practices everywhere.
That's why I say that one should go for AMD.
When my friends ask me why I hate intel so much, I tell them that there is no question of hating a company. If intel offers a 3.0 Ghz processor at say Rs. 500 + AMD's 3.0 Ghz processor's price, I'll go for Intel. It's the unnecessary premium that I don't want anyone to pay.

yes. they do have such practices in European countries mainly. & for that reason have numerous lawsuits filed against them.

also you can see, i never give any favor to AMD only. all depends on budget & also use of that PC. if someone got a 100k budget & he into heavy gaming, Intel obvious choice, until & unless he made Intel his sore enemy :smile:

however most peoples ask PC for about 30-40k. & in that budget, if they choose Intel. 2 outcomes are obvious.

1. either a old system based on Core2*** or
2. no money for the rest of the system.

however i must say, i3s are very good for gaming while u decide to OC it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
prodot spike guard/surge protector are really bad - it went bad without even using it - I mean I just plugged it in and used it for 5 mins - then from the next day morning it was not working - there was no power in it so I replaced it at the shop - but after sometime it went bad again so I think prodot spike guards are really bad - never buy them.

*www.prodot.com/

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pentium 4 equally sucked as far as heat and power were concerned. Athlon XP was still better.

Techn0crat

RPG FTW!!!
If budget is tight,go for AMD.You can even buy 19 inch LCD.

Never buy iBall Rocky.spend some more money and buy something from Philips or Creative.
I still can't figure out why peoples buy iball products.everything sucks,even the name- I Ball

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
can u plz post the pic or the model number/name of the cabby u r talkin about?
i need some data...for my build...

why on earth are you after that fake Corsair? you think its a real one? for 3.5k you don't get a VX450. you talking about a TX650 + a Corsair Oblivion (or something) for 3.5k? :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom