Hardware price list/spec sheet

Krow

Crowman
^Yes, exactly what I had said earlier too. Nvidia better come out with its next gen card soon, else its gonna have to struggle. GFX card market is unlike the Console market. Every 2 months or so we see a new card, but consoles pop up once in years. So, before nvidia has time to cash in on its next gen card, ATI's next next gen card can pop up at the speed at which they work. Nvidia better hurry, else, its trouble for them. :)

arnold991

Broken In
Where can I get " Corsair TR3X6G1333C9" for the lowest price ? Here its mentioned as 7.8k but where can one get it at the aforementioned price ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I am not considering that as fanboy talk. now, problem is that nVidia is taking a completely different route for their next gen h/w.

*www.tomshardware.com/news/Nvidia-GPGPU-GPU-DirectX-ATI,8687.html

now, if that works out, it will be good for them and if that fails, they will be in serious trouble coz ATI came out with dx11 cards well in advance. Remember xbox 360? This console was released a year earlier than PS3 and was made affordable to everyone by the time PS3 got out. and it took 3 years for Sony to get higher sales numbers (monthly number) and that happened last month. PS3 was supposed to be lot more powerful but the problem was the price. It had lot of new things like FullHD out and bluray drive onboard, extremely powerful cell processor. But it fell flat. now, I am seeing the same thing with Nvidia.

now, nvidia is making the same mistake here. They are making us wait and wait has become too long. Now, there are rumors that nvidia is not going to release any dx11 or next gen GPU for another few months. By that time, ATI would've made hefty amount on their own DX11 arsenal. And they will be ready to make nvidia choke by putting up aggressive pricing unless unless nvidia brings out something that can shake up the industry (which I don't think is going to happen).

now, only way for nvidia to get good sales is by going in with aggressive pricing (and keeping the margins low) and that will seriously hit the R&D costs. And if ATI goes even more aggressive, nvidia will be in trouble.

Thanks, You haven't considered me as a fanboy. I just don't like to be called a fanboy.

I had read that news on Tom's hardware before. But after that some specs of their DX11 just came out ( though not officially ). From specs fermi looked good enough but the only actch is their is no clear release date yet.

I too second your view that ATI has already began to flood the market with DX11 GPU and Nvidia has none in the market and the waiting long time for gpu will decrease it's market share and impression too. So the only way they can get on right track is by introducing high performer gfx cards with rock bottom pricing to stay in the race. Otherwise it will be very hard for the green devil.

But I think ( read guess ) nvidia will release a whole range of DX11 based cards from low profile to high end with some DX11 based game and they will do it just to show how their DX11 GPU performs in DX11 games as many are not going with DX11 cards who has budget upto upto 13K. At that price range old DX10 based cards are more VFM that DX11 cards. The only powerful dx11 cards are HD5850 and HD5870. Let's see what nvidia is going to do to take out those :p

& here's some news about the release ( and more info ) date of fermi :p

*www.fudzilla.com/content/view/15784/34/
*xtreview.com/addcomment-id-10285-view-NVIDIA-fermi-card-expected-release-date.html
*www.fudzilla.com/content/view/16029/1/
*www.fudzilla.com/content/view/16048/1/

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
thanks for the links. yes. nvidia may launch fermi by end of 2009 but the real launch with full production flow may not happen till February and I don't think they will launch top to bottom lineup in single shot as they and amd are facing problem with 40nm manufacturing process.

Also, from what I see, the top end fermi will definitely be faster than HD5870 and even if amd releases HD5870 X2, it will be on a different level as it will be a monstrous card on power and price.

now, if we forget about the top end card, ATI has three more cards that are currently raking in huge margins for ATI. HD5750, HD5770 and HD5850. and HD5850 has been a hot selling card.

also, HD5850 and HD5770 are out of stock at amazon which shows how fast these cards are moving in the market. :)

Now, remember the situation of ATI when nvidia was making merry with 8800GT and 8600GT? ATI had to bring out HD4850 and HD4870 to the market at very aggressive pricing. In that case, ATI bombarded the market with HD4xxx cards and every single card edged out it's competition.

Similarly, if nvidia want to get any upper hand, they need to bombard the market with products that cost less than the competition and perform lot better. This anyways is not going to happen soon and it looks like by the time nvidia bring full range of cards to the market, ATI may be ready with upgrades :)

Cilus

laborare est orare
thanks for the links. yes. nvidia may launch fermi by end of 2009 but the real launch with full production flow may not happen till February and I don't think they will launch top to bottom lineup in single shot as they and amd are facing problem with 40nm manufacturing process.

Also, from what I see, the top end fermi will definitely be faster than HD5870 and even if amd releases HD5870 X2, it will be on a different level as it will be a monstrous card on power and price.

now, if we forget about the top end card, ATI has three more cards that are currently raking in huge margins for ATI. HD5750, HD5770 and HD5850. and HD5850 has been a hot selling card.

also, HD5850 and HD5770 are out of stock at amazon which shows how fast these cards are moving in the market. :smile:

Now, remember the situation of ATI when nvidia was making merry with 8800GT and 8600GT? ATI had to bring out HD4850 and HD4870 to the market at very aggressive pricing. In that case, ATI bombarded the market with HD4xxx cards and every single card edged out it's competition.

Similarly, if nvidia want to get any upper hand, they need to bombard the market with products that cost less than the competition and perform lot better. This anyways is not going to happen soon and it looks like by the time nvidia bring full range of cards to the market, ATI may be ready with upgrades :smile:

That is absolutely right. Because of the delay, Nvidia's card has to be significantly powerful than Radeon 5870 with a attractive price tag. This seems very hard for Nvidia considering the amount of research has been done on Fermi. ATI called Nvidia's architecture as a Paper Dragon.
And after that release, ATI actually desn't have to even do anything to have a better Gfx card than that of Nvidia, don't forget about the X2 models. If a single GPU card is not enough, a Dual GPU monster will surely outperform any of the Nvidia's offering.

Krow

Crowman
^Errr... that is, if Fermi is close to HD5xxx series. If Fermi is way better than HD5xxx, then the X2 will merely end up as a catch up.

Update you won't believe: In a shop in Yelahanka, Bangalore, Sapphire HD5770 sells for Rs. 7000 + tax. Atleast that's what a friend who works there reports.
Oops it was a case of miscommunication.

The price at which it would arrive at that store in a few months when Radeon HD4800 stocks were done was EXPECTED to be 7K.

THERE GOES ANOTHER DREAM :cry::cry:

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
MEGA UPDATE
Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHz B.E. @ 12.2k - - HOLY COWS!! Phenom II X4 955 3.2GHz B.E. @ 10.5k
Phenom II X4 945 3GHz @ 9.2k - - SWEET PRICE...
Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz B.E. @ 6.5k - - -OMG SH&*>..
Athlon II X4 620 2.6GHz @ 5.2k - - CHEAPEST VALUE QUAD-CORE
Athlon II X2 250 3GHz @ 3.6k
Athlon II X2 245 2.9GHz @ 3.4K

• BenQ G900WD 19" LCD Monitor @ 6.2k
  • BenQ G2020HD 20" LCD Monitor @ 6.6k
  • BenQ 22" G2220 FULL HD LCD Monitor @ 8k
  • BenQ 24" G2420 FULL HD LCD Monitor @ 11.3k
Btw...tomorrow(23rd).....one person was born...exactly 16 years ago.........(guess who!)

Last edited:

tkin

Back to school!!
MEGA UPDATE

Btw...tomorrow(23rd).....one person was born...exactly 16 years ago.........(guess who!)
Happy Birthday, wanted to post at midnight but got college fest tomorrow, stay happy and do post about any exciting B'day gift you get.

Update--> Guess I stayed awake long enough, Happy B'day.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ desiibond, Cilus and Krow - Yup, Nvidia has the advantage to outperform ATI's 1st generation DX11 Gpu's as they already know how does ati's DX11 gpu's performing.

But when Nvidia finally releases their DX11 GPU ATI will bring out the HD5890 from their arsenal for sure.

And for ATI's Dual GPU X2 cards I think nvidia will sure bring out something like GTX295 ( which is fasest DX10 dual gpu on a single PCB ) which will bring the competition in right path but I guess all the real war will begin after the release of some good DX11 based games.

@ comp@ddict - Happy Birthday buddy :p Wish you all the best :p

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
@comp@ddict , happy bday. thanks for posting the price update. .

@topgear , nvidia had the advantage .. but they're coming out a bit too late. ati would have made enough money by then. If they were to release their "fermi" in another 2 weaks , the advantage would have been to nvidia to tweak clock speeds so that their cards are faster at launch.

but now , rightly as u said , nvidia will have to go head to head with 5890..

Cilus

laborare est orare
A very happy Birthday to you, Comp@ddict. Wish you enhance our threads with your excellent knowledge in the coming days too.

And TopGear, about Nvida Fermi, just outperforming ATI's offering could not be the solution alone, it need to be priced optimally too. And according to me it is very hard.
One of the most probable reason for Nvidia's delay is that what they thought about ATI's offering previously is shattered by the brute force of HD5870. SO they need to to put extra effort (Read money..:smile:) to make their card much powerful. But it is also increasing the price tag.

2ndly Dual GPU card release is not a practice for Nvidia. It is a practice of ATI for a long time. Nvidia is famous for releasing large single GPU cards. Now releasing a Dual GPU card very sharply after the launch of their most powerful GPU may affect the Nvidia's market by delivering the message that their single GPU cards are not enough powerful. But ATI won't be having that problem, because that time 5870 will be there for a long time. Now people can expect something new.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
THank you sooo much guys....well..i got two gifts from my girlfriend(but the second one refuses to desert my mind for even a second)....all in all...it was gr8 fun at skol too.....

kbk

Broken In
@comp@ddict : Happy Birthday !

What do you guys think, which LCD TV @15k(+/-2) is better. I want to replace my old CRT TV which is at its last stage.

Samsung LA22B350F2 @Rs14299
Samsung LA22B450C4 @Rs16299.00
Samsung LA22B480 @Rs16999.00
Sony KLV-22T550A @Rs17299(is it worth)
price source:*www.gadgetsguru.in

OR

what about LG's LCD TV
M237WA @ MRP: Rs 17750
M227WA @ MRP: Rs 15750
price source: LG site

Please suggest if there is anything better. I can make marginal change in the budget, but not much; lower the better.
Also this LCD TV is for entire family to be able to sit and watch together, so better performance is also a factor(like viewing angle, brightness, contrast....)

arnold991

Broken In
Comp@ddict: pls tell me the source of 7.8k price of "Corsair TR3X6G1333C9 XMS3 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3-1333 Mhz RAM 1.5V" ? I deliberately need it since my dell pc supports only this model of ram.

Krow

Crowman
arnold991 He forgot to update it it seems. You can get it for 8.8k @ *www.theitwares.com/ram/ram.htm

@ kbk Not sure which exact model is better, but look at LG/Samsung as usually they have good TV's. A relative has Samsung 22" and it is pretty good. Look at both @ a store and get one which you like in terms of price, picture quality and also freebies.

Top Bottom