Hardware price list/spec sheet

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Looks like they released these cards just to be on news channels. ATI's has been in the news all the times for past few weeks and it looked like nVidia is left out in the wilderness.

anyways, I don't think there would be any significant releases from nVidia till Fermi!!

Hope Fermi beats ATI so that the price war kicks in real bad. :)
Wrong. If Fermi beats ATI Intel prices will increase like hell because AMD would be DOOMED. ;-)

With AMD beating nVidia with an ok-ish margin which helps cover for their CPU losses, but nVidia still having Tegra & Ion unchallenged, there is a delicate balence between the 2 companies allowing both to survive.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ Fermi architecture that is presented recently to media is going to be that of a premium product from nVidia. It is well set to take over fastest processor crown till ATI releases HD5870 X2.

And don't get surprised if nvidia puts Fermi at insanely high price coz the amount of R&D done on Fermi is very high. It could very well be their own Nehalem. They started from a blank sheet for Fermi.

Biggest problem for NVidia is the amount of time that ATI has to cash in on their own dx11 product line. ATI can cut the prices at any time they want and this could very well destroy Nvidia's chances to gain supremacy in market.

I am looking for more info on dx11 cards from nvidia that are going to be priced under 300$ coz that's where the market is and there is absolutely no info on what they have in bag.

I have a feeling there is more from AMD/ATi left than just the HD5870.....i mean on the single gpu segment..
Yeah. They will be moving completely from 55nm to 40nm manufacturing technology soon, which will result in the phasing out of HD4000 products. This means they will soon fill the low end segment with several new GPUs. Meanwhile, during the phasing out process, there will be loads of price cuts on them making them good buys for people who don't need DirectX 11 and OpenCL support.

And when the new fab is matured, HD5890 or if its even more matured, HD5900 series will come out after about 9 months.

Krow

Crowman
^If Fermi beats ATI, then ATI can lower prices, as desii rightly said. Now ATI has enough time to cash in on the 5xxx series. ATI will definitely go on to lower prices to make sure that nvidia has no breathing space to cash in on their newest architecture. So, profit margin of nvidia will decrease or sales of nvidia will decrease. Both mean gain for ATI in the long run.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
also, experts predict that PC graphics will be ruled by Intel and ATI in the future and nvidia may move to other areas like mobile devices, professional graphics etc.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
that appears to be. even with fermi , they are spending large portions of silicon for GPGPU , ieee standard floating point operations at high speed among many others which will have little use for gamers.

In my opinion , this maybe happening a bit too soon. Intel is yet to enter the gaming graphics market. For end-users , it is beneficial if we have a 3 way competition for a while before nvidia goes out. Otherswise , we're going to see atleast a year of insane prices. More than fermi , its going to be its sub 250$ derivatives that will dictate prices of both nvidia and ati cards for the year to come.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^it may be early but remember that in these corporates, things move very slowly and company that has a headstart will have better chance of capturing the market. We have seen it with Apple (digital music), Microsoft (OS), Nokia (cell phones in India).

And i do think that it is a good move. Today or tomorrow, Intel and AMD are going to kick nvidia out of PC mainstream graphics. Look at the downfall of their market share in IGP.

Cilus

laborare est orare
One update in Phenom II pricing. The Price of Phenom II 955 is now 10.5k and 965 is 12.6k. I visited Chandni Chalk, the computer market of Kolkata last Friday and found out the update. It is also reflected in Deltapage.com site.
Price of Athlon II X4 620 is 5.1k

Krow

Crowman
One update in Phenom II pricing. The Price of Phenom II 955 is now 10.5k and 965 is 12.6k. I visited Chandni Chalk, the computer market of Kolkata last Friday and found out the update. It is also reflected in Deltapage.com site.
Price of Athlon II X4 620 is 5.1k

Phenom II 955 @ 10.5k is reasonable. Athlon II X4 620 is great. :)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
AMD released 8 new Athlon II processors (dual, tri and quad cores). check CPU/chipset channel thread in technology news section for more info.

Krow

Crowman
^I saw that one. Looks like AMD wants to conquer the low end market till Intel launches the new architecture.

Update you won't believe: In a shop in Yelahanka, Bangalore, Sapphire HD5770 sells for Rs. 7000 + tax. Atleast that's what a friend who works there reports.

tkin

Back to school!!
Update you won't believe: In a shop in Yelahanka, Bangalore, Sapphire HD5770 sells for Rs. 7000 + tax. Atleast that's what a friend who works there reports.
Indian price lower than USA counterparts!!! And here I am staring at Sony DSC-H20 camera webpage thinking wth is there a 6k difference in price.

NEVER POSSIBLE.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^it may be early but remember that in these corporates, things move very slowly and company that has a headstart will have better chance of capturing the market. We have seen it with Apple (digital music), Microsoft (OS), Nokia (cell phones in India).

And i do think that it is a good move. Today or tomorrow, Intel and AMD are going to kick nvidia out of PC mainstream graphics. Look at the downfall of their market share in IGP.

First of all don't count me as a fanboy :p

That's not a good move IMO. When AMD cpu's was performing lower than intel cpu's you bought athlon X2 7750BE cpu and you told somewhere in forum that you bought it coz if no one buys amd cpu intel will reign alone and that's not good thing :p

It's not that Intel and AMD can kick nvidia out from market. I think they will survive anyway :p

When C2D cpu's was a main stream product in the market amd was not have any equivalent cpu in the market from amd. AMD launched 1st generation of phenom cpu's and that was a failure. In graphics segment both HD2xxx and HD3xxx series lags behind nvidia gpu's There was some speculations that AMD will get out of the market but amd survived that situation by introducing 2nd generation of Phenom II cpu's and HD4xxx series though it performs slightly lower than nvidia gpu's.

Now you can see AMD reigns in budget cpu segment but if you want pure performance then intel is still the best with their core i7 cpu's. So is amd is going to stop making high end desktop cpu's ?

Nvidia's market share in IGP mobo segment may be falling but they are doing well with ION based products. AMD is making their own IGP chipsets and intel has not licensed any other manufacturers to make chipsets for core ix series cpu's. That's why the green devils market sahre in IGP segment has fallen but I'm sure that the green devil will hit back with their DX11 based gpus :p

Last edited:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ I am not considering that as fanboy talk. now, problem is that nVidia is taking a completely different route for their next gen h/w.

*www.tomshardware.com/news/Nvidia-GPGPU-GPU-DirectX-ATI,8687.html

now, if that works out, it will be good for them and if that fails, they will be in serious trouble coz ATI came out with dx11 cards well in advance. Remember xbox 360? This console was released a year earlier than PS3 and was made affordable to everyone by the time PS3 got out. and it took 3 years for Sony to get higher sales numbers (monthly number) and that happened last month. PS3 was supposed to be lot more powerful but the problem was the price. It had lot of new things like FullHD out and bluray drive onboard, extremely powerful cell processor. But it fell flat. now, I am seeing the same thing with Nvidia.

now, nvidia is making the same mistake here. They are making us wait and wait has become too long. Now, there are rumors that nvidia is not going to release any dx11 or next gen GPU for another few months. By that time, ATI would've made hefty amount on their own DX11 arsenal. And they will be ready to make nvidia choke by putting up aggressive pricing unless unless nvidia brings out something that can shake up the industry (which I don't think is going to happen).

now, only way for nvidia to get good sales is by going in with aggressive pricing (and keeping the margins low) and that will seriously hit the R&D costs. And if ATI goes even more aggressive, nvidia will be in trouble.

Top Bottom