Hardware price list/spec sheet

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
when will this thread get stickied ?

comp@ddict is updating the thread non-stop.
Not that it needs sticking , but it deserves it.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ tkin - Yup, It's still overpriced compared to the performance it offers :p
BTW, it performs well in DX11 only so we may find some value in it ( though the point remains - any single DX11 game - anyone ? ) :p
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1174521&postcount=252

kbk

Broken In
Where do you stay?
Mumbai

What is the viewing distance for the TV? Primary usage? Movies? Games, Channels?
Primary=Channels, Secondary=Movies from USB drive.
Viewing distande is 6 to 10 feet. you know small space n already have a seperate space for TV(corner of a room and about 5 feet from the floor) change in space is not an option.

Depends on what you need. Yes, 26" will have better picture quality AFAIK.
Indeed 26" are better. As suggested by you guys I went to the store to check it personally, and got more confused.
Saw LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Toshiba, Benq, videocon and LLOYD(I think new company)
To my suprise, Panasonic and Sharp where by far way better than others in 26 and 32 (also in higher sizes).

This doesn't matter really. Check out viewing angles yourself in stores. I see on mine and it really is watchable at all the widest angles.
Which one do you own, probably model no. and price (and resolution too please, if you dont mind)

I think OP has a budget, how can he get the 26" when some 22" models are overkill for his budget?
deep breath.... yes budget started from 15K(not exactly;ok dont laugh :) actually started from 8k for Slim TV. but when I saw that its not that slim as compared to what I have now. And if I increase my budget to 15k I can go for LCD TV like LG M237WA) inclreased by 2k and now you friends are asking to further increase :(

Why I am stressing on viewing angle?
LCD TV will be kept at a height and will also be watched by sitting on the floor which will make horizontal as well as vertical(downward angle).
I have noticed that, when seen from vertical downward angle, LCD screen appear as negative to almost black. This problem is not there in panasonic at all and to some extent in Sharp, which are not falling in my budget.

Also checked the LG's M237WA Full HD(1920 x 1080) whereas, all others were (1366x768 ) .As this one was on diff. floor(section) could not compare it with other LCD TVs.
what do you guys think about M237WA?

----
forgot to mention about the Samsung JAZZ...
26" was not there but 22" was. but it did not impress at all, viewing angle also not good.

Krow

Crowman
Good, no worries about lack of stores then. Look at Alfa, Vile Parle West for lower rates.
Primary=Channels, Secondary=Movies from USB drive.
Viewing distande is 6 to 10 feet. you know small space n already have a seperate space for TV(corner of a room and about 5 feet from the floor) change in space is not an option.
Pretty basic needs. Even 22" shall do these with nice picture quality. IMO 10 feet is the minimum viewing distance for 32" TV's, so they are out of the picture already. 26" would be near the sweet spot, but I still say that for your needs 22" are pretty good. If you want to, then go for the 26", but no need for a 32".
Indeed 26" are better. As suggested by you guys I went to the store to check it personally, and got more confused.
Saw LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Toshiba, Benq, videocon and LLOYD(I think new company)
To my suprise, Panasonic and Sharp where by far way better than others in 26 and 32 (also in higher sizes).
Picture quality perceived is different from eye to eye sometimes. Often I can see blurs in a monitor that not many others notice. So choose as per your needs. Among those two, I would choose Panasonic.
Which one do you own, probably model no. and price (and resolution too please, if you dont mind)
LG 26LH20 @ 20.7k after exchange with old CRT 14" for about 1.5k.
deep breath.... yes budget started from 15K(not exactly;ok dont laugh :) actually started from 8k for Slim TV. but when I saw that its not that slim as compared to what I have now. And if I increase my budget to 15k I can go for LCD TV like LG M237WA) inclreased by 2k and now you friends are asking to further increase :(
No, I did not ask for further increase any time.
Why I am stressing on viewing angle?
LCD TV will be kept at a height and will also be watched by sitting on the floor which will make horizontal as well as vertical(downward angle).
I have noticed that, when seen from vertical downward angle, LCD screen appear as negative to almost black. This problem is not there in panasonic at all and to some extent in Sharp, which are not falling in my budget.
For a height of 5 feet above ground as you said, I strongly suggest you avoid a downward angle. It harms eyesight to say the least. Please avoid such viewing angles.
Also checked the LG's M237WA Full HD(1920 x 1080) whereas, all others were (1366x768 ) .As this one was on diff. floor(section) could not compare it with other LCD TVs.
what do you guys think about M237WA?
Unless you plan to watch movies which are minimum 1080p, a 1366x768 resolution is as good as 1920x1080 IMO. The full hd gimmick need not be subscribed to by those who are not into watching 1080p movies.
----
forgot to mention about the Samsung JAZZ...
26" was not there but 22" was. but it did not impress at all, viewing angle also not good.
Jazz is LG territory AFAIK, no clue about Samsung Jazz.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Intel 80GB SSD ( SSDSA2MH080G1GC ) Rs. 15.8K - someone might be interested :p
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB @ 3.8k

DFI LP UT X58-T3eH8 Rs. 19.3K
DFI DK UT X58-T3eH8 Rs. 15.3K

DFI LP UT P45-T2RS Rs. 10K
DFI BI P45-T2S Elite Rs. 7K

Kingston 2GB DDR2 800MHz RAM @ 1.3k
Transcend 2GB DDR2 800Mhz @ 1.3k
( note that ram prices on deltapage is too much high - all around Rs. 2K for 2GB DDR2 )

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
^^^^^
Ram prices here in mumbai are too high now ..some 1.8k for transcend 2gb ddr2 .. these prices are from which city?

Krow

Crowman
^^^Check this out:
*www.techspot.com/news/36688-dram-prices-still-on-the-rise-shortage-predicted-for-2010.html

*www.tgdaily.com/content/view/44391/135/

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^thanks for the links dude. not gonna effect me as am not gonna upgrade till late next year :)

heavy windows 7 prices, heavy memory prices and no pay rise. damn, this recession :)

Krow

Crowman
Haha... Lol. :) No upgrade for me either. :D I bought 2 OCZ CL4 Titanium sticks for 1650 just when RAM prices rose. What a super deal. :D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Actually you got the best deal :p

^^^^^
Ram prices here in mumbai are too high now ..some 1.8k for transcend 2gb ddr2 .. these prices are from which city?

Tha'ts from a very well known shop from your city - *www.theitwares.com/

royal

Padawan
can somebody help me here...

My older machine has MSI 915G Neo2 Platinum mobo...

It supports DDR2 400/533 RAM. Now all I am getting is crappy Hynix/Zion :evil: and that too at a hefty price :cry: . My current RIG has Corsair modules but sadly I am not getting 533 from Corsair :cry::cry: Seems all good brand like Corsair/OCZ/Patriot stopped making 533 long back :evil:

Is there any store/shop out there from where I can get a decent deal? I am from Kolkata

Last edited:

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
Just want a quick suggestion: Is it worth to buy Gigabyte Superb 460w ? Because I dont find any reviews by searching Google also.

Krow

Crowman
Depends on the system, but it is a good PSU. 80+ and active PFC, although it is overrated. Its actually more like a 400W unit. But its superb VFM @ 2.2k.

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
I dont know how it is said as 80+ PSU. Whats the proof of this. Even on the official page, there is not anything written like that.

I am not just argumenting you, but everyone is saying it has 80+ efficiency. But whats the source of this information I dont know.

Krow

Crowman
*www.lynx-india.com/index.php?productID=6527

This is where I saw it. I'll google more. Thanks for pointing that out.

Top Bottom