Hardware price list/spec sheet

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
^^^I like that....and I go after the same ideall....for providing options to buyers...I cannot...and I repeat..I AM NOT any fanboi...

I simply go for the better.

Yeah u r rite...letz wait for the reviews to come..

nihu

Broken In
Intel is going to replace socket 775 by 1156 in their core i3 processor.what are advantages of 1156 socket over 775?

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

^^^Actually...it's the processors....they have L3 cache....they are faster...dual cores are built on 32nm...

And come dual channel DDR3 native only...

Krow

Crowman
Intel is going to replace socket 775 by 1156 in their core i3 processor.what are advantages of 1156 socket over 775?
The newer socket is for the CPU's, which have the memory controller on the CPU instead of the motherboard, something which AMD did years ago. That is why the socket has 1156 pins and performs waaaay better compared to the Core 2 series.

nihu

Broken In
The newer socket is for the CPU's, which have the memory controller on the CPU instead of the motherboard, something which AMD did years ago. That is why the socket has 1156 pins and performs waaaay better compared to the Core 2 series.

Thanks. First time we will see Intel I3 cpu with integrated graphics.Will Integrating graphics in processor itself in place of northbridge of MOTHERBOARD beneficial?Will this not reduce (by any way) Processor efficiency?

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Thanks. First time we will see Intel I3 cpu with integrated graphics.Will Integrating graphics in processor itself in place of northbridge of MOTHERBOARD beneficial?Will this not reduce (by any way) Processor efficiency?
Yes, it will definitely be beneficial. In fact, we have already seen the tremendous performance of the core i7 processors, where the integrated memory controller has helped performance a lot. Since the CPU die will be 32nm, there is a great scope for good performance at lower temperatures. However, this leaves out more space for the 45nm GPU die, which is again a good thing as information can be processed in the CPU itself, thus increasing speed and performance.

nihu

Broken In
thanks.I am doubting perfomance drop due to integrated graphics(not memory controller) in i3 chip .Integrated Graphics is not there in i5 or i7.

Krow

Crowman
As I said, the processor will be based on a 32nm die, which is not there on the core i5 or i7 and hence the graphics die can be accomodated and the 32nm die will result in better performance at lower temps.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cheapest Core i5 Solution :

Core i5 i750 2.66GHz @ 10.4k

Intel DP55WB ( p55 Mobo with 2x Pci-e Slot ) @ 6.2K - Cheapest core i5 mobo Delight

Krow

Crowman
^Cheapest it may be, but I would like to see a non-Intel mobo in that range. Intel boards are crappy IMO. There always better options.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Yup me too as they does not provides any advanced options in bios but as of now it's the only mobo for those guys who does not want to OC and spend Rs. 11K on P55 mobos :p

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

MEGA UPDATE
Intel DP55WB P55 @ 6.2k
Asus M4A785TD-V EVO @ 7k

BenQ 22" G2220 FULL HD LCD Monitor @ 8.4k
Corsair TW3X4G-1600C9DHX 4GB Kit @ 6.6k
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB @ 2.5k
Logitech MX518 Laser @ 1.5k
Corsair VX550W @ 5.6k
Gigabyte 80 Plus Active PFC 460W @ 2.4k

Athlon II X4 620 2.6GHz @ 5.8k

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
^Cheapest it may be, but I would like to see a non-Intel mobo in that range. Intel boards are crappy IMO. There always better options.

Intel mobos are not crappy....they have the best build quality and stability, the only bad thing is they don't provide any advanced options. :smile:

^^ Yup me too as they does not provides any advanced options in bios but as of now it's the only mobo for those guys who does not want to OC and spend Rs. 11K on P55 mobos :p

^^+1, but the guy who is buying a Core i5 will be smart enough to stay away from the Intel mobos :wink:

Krow

Crowman
Intel mobos are not crappy....they have the best build quality and stability, the only bad thing is they don't provide any advanced options. :smile:

^^+1, but the guy who is buying a Core i5 will be smart enough to stay away from the Intel mobos :wink:
Agreed totally. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yup, most of them would be smart enough for sure but you know some people might want to go with most value oriented mobos and the shopkeepers will push such mobos to them. They don't want to try OC ( actually they don't know about it and some has a kinda panic about OC ) :p

This happens always to value based product line series - be it p4 to a c2d or core based procs. That's why you see intel original p45,p35 or p965 selling side by side along with other mobos :p

ravi.mkumar

Right off the assembly line
Hi friends,

I am planning to upgrade my old CRT monitor to 18.5/19 inches LCD monitor.
Monitor is for regular usage like office work, browsing, watching movies ... (not for gaming). My budget is 6k to 7k..
Pls suggest few good models and wit latest prices...

Thanks

Akhil Jain

Journeyman
is asusp4p800 e deluxe (865 pe based for p4) available at nehru place and at what price??
my old mobo has blown up...
i have p4 2.4 ghz northwood and agp card 6800xt ...
budget is max 5k
also on my last visit to nehru place 3 weeks ago , ifound that they were selling 17' and 19'" true flat crt written dell on them..
there was no box.. the shop was on ground floor and they have 100 of dell crts.. in 4500 to 6000 each..
are they original delll and reliable??
should i buy one?
i have mentioned i have xfx 6800xt agp 8x , 1.5 gb ram..
currently having samsung 17"crt with 1024* 768 @ 80 hz
my monitor is also showing signs of aging..
sometimes showing red or blue tint in middle of something.
I choose crt as to watch old films which r full screen and not widescreen.(lappy for that purpose) so , this will act as my retro pc running win xp to play old movies and old games(before 2004).
suggest me a good mobo (with full oc features), and a monitor ?
availability in nehru place atwhat price.
also if total does not exceed 11k then i wud also like to buy a decent tv tuner card.. that is able to save HD content available through DTH services like tata sky and videocon ( future proof). + mandriva linux compatible..