Hardware price list/spec sheet

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
@desiibond.. Digit Mag sux man.. it really sux now.. there are a lot of printing mistakes too.. and I can't believe that they awarded best processor award to Q8400..

Krow

Crowman
@desiibond.. Digit Mag sux man.. it really sux now.. there are a lot of printing mistakes too.. and I can't believe that they awarded best processor award to Q8400..
Erm... Sir, no offence to you, but blaming the mag here is not justified. As you have to remember, the mag is finished quite a bit before you receive it and at that time, our dear Athlon II X4 620 was not released so that made Q8400 the most VFM @ 8750 as the Phenoms around it were about 10k or 8.7k(not street price). Please read the review and you will see. Plus, no Phenom II X4 940 as it is EOL processor. I agree with the printing mistakes bit as the Phenom II X2 550 was called the Athlon II X2 550... :(

If you have queries regarding the reviews, post in the current month's feedback and in some time Lucifer will answer them. :)

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Can someone tell me what is the price of Samsung p2250 in Bangalore. Also let me know if this is a HD monitor or not. And tell me where to buy it from. I am new in Bangalore and dont know any place properly.

please help

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
@ajayashish, welcome to bangalore

you can buy that in SP Road. Not sure what the price is but you can check at Ankit or Golcha

Ankit Infotech
No 114 Sadarapappa Road ,
Bangalore - 560002
Phone: 080 22222354
Mobile: 9844069541
ankitcom@vsnl.net

Golcha Inter Trade
69/70, SP Road, Bangalore, KA 560002
08022213509, 08041146173

Can someone tell me what is the price of Samsung p2250 in Bangalore. Also let me know if this is a HD monitor or not. And tell me where to buy it from. I am new in Bangalore and dont know any place properly.

please help

[brag]

New to bangalore and looking for tech goods ? Fear not :p

Nearly ALL areas have buses to majestic in Bangalore, and to a lesser extent, K.R.Market. Find a bus to K.R.Market either directly or through majestic and ask around for the way to SP Road. From the bus stop, its 1KM away I guess but its easy enough to walk to. When you come here, NEVER make the mistake of bringing a 4-wheeler or even a 2-wheeler INTO SP Road. Hard to find parking space. And ensure you have the whole day ahead of you at your disposal because once you go IN, its hard to come OUT without exploring around in every shop. And have self control because cheap goods of every kind are highly attractive.

[/brag]

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Guys can anyone tell me the price of a good compact illuminated keyboard. I have selected Logitech Illuminated Keyboard and OCZ Alchemy Illuminati keyboard but know nothing about their availability and price in India.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Erm... Sir, no offence to you, but blaming the mag here is not justified. As you have to remember, the mag is finished quite a bit before you receive it and at that time, our dear Athlon II X4 620 was not released so that made Q8400 the most VFM @ 8750 as the Phenoms around it were about 10k or 8.7k(not street price). Please read the review and you will see. Plus, no Phenom II X4 940 as it is EOL processor. I agree with the printing mistakes bit as the Phenom II X2 550 was called the Athlon II X2 550... :(

If you have queries regarding the reviews, post in the current month's feedback and in some time Lucifer will answer them. :)

I second your comment :p

But by that time Phenom II X4 810 was available in the market and I think it can outperform Athlon II X4 620 and Q8400:p

Krow

Crowman
^It is there in the test and Q8400 edged it apparently, though by only one point and its price is 9300(again non street). The CPU test is pretty good this time around. I believe however, that it should have been conducted after the arrival of core i5. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup, O8400 edged phenom II X4 810 only in Doom and crysis. winrar single core and valve's mulicore cpu particle benchmark and cinebench 10 :p

But is not it's a bit strange where a athlon II X4 620 can beat Q8400 but phenom II x4 810 was not able to do that despite of all of them having almost same clock speed ?

Krow

Crowman
^Strange, yes. But, I thought that the Athlon II X4 was neck in neck with the Q8400 while Q8200 was the one it beat hands down.

OP
comp@ddict

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Yes...Athlon II X4 is actually neck to neck with a Core 2 Quad Q8300...it falls behind Q8400...but wins over Q8200 easy......

UPDATE
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 320GB @ 2.3k
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB @ 2.6k
Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB @ 4.2k

Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB @ 2.2k
Western Digital 500GB SATA @ 2.8k
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640GB @ 3.2k

letmein

Broken In
Guys, I'm posting this for a friend who is unable to create a thread for some reason. Please help him out:

"Hello, I want to buy a new external hard drive for storage and occasionally watching movies off it. Now I've heard that they often break down, and it was suggested that I buy a normal hard drive and use an external disk enclosure to use it as a external drive. Is this true? I was looking at the Seagate/WD 1TB models. (they're listed as ~Rs. 5,000 at IT Wares.) Are external enclosure available in India? Are they recommended over a normal external drive? And which brands are good and what are they're approx. cost?

Another thing I am confused about. Are the pocket USB powered drives better than the external drives? They don't come need a AC power source, but I was told they heat up really fast. But I find them useful since they're so portable.

Please help me guys, I don't want to lose valuable data. Thanks and I hope my post wasn't too confusing. lol"

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I wouldn't go for external enclosure as they can't protect the HDD in case of fall like the actual external HDD's do (by locking the actuator). Go for 500Gb or 1Tb external HDD.

I bought 500Gb 2.5" external HDD (seagate) for 4.7k yesterday.

letmein

Broken In
I wouldn't go for external enclosure as they can't protect the HDD in case of fall like the actual external HDD's do (by locking the actuator). Go for 500Gb or 1Tb external HDD.

I bought 500Gb 2.5" external HDD (seagate) for 4.7k yesterday.

Thanks from both of us.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^Strange, yes. But, I thought that the Athlon II X4 was neck in neck with the Q8400 while Q8200 was the one it beat hands down.

Yes...Athlon II X4 is actually neck to neck with a Core 2 Quad Q8300...it falls behind Q8400...but wins over Q8200 easy......

UPDATE

Thanks to both of you for informing me. Nowadays there are lot of cpu's so it's really hard to remember all of them and their related performance level :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom