Hardware price list/spec sheet

quicky008

Technomancer
He already has a 1060 6gb, and wants to get 2 8gb ddr4 modules to run in dual channel config. For Intel cpus, does ram speed matter all that much?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Then it's obvious, 9400F is the one in this budget. I find 16 gigs of RAM is too much for the current budget/rig. You can always increase ram capacity later if needed and 8gb is good enough for 1080p gaming. So it's wise to get a better quality motherboard now and 8GB ram.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
He already has a 1060 6gb, and wants to get 2 8gb ddr4 modules to run in dual channel config. For Intel cpus, does ram speed matter all that much?
Only Z series mobo can run ram above 2666MHz but seeing that there isn't much price difference between 2400/2666 & 3000MHz ram,it is better to get 3000MHz ram.

icebags

Technomancer
i5 9400f hands down unless alternative is Ryzen 3600 which is not possible in 24k budget currently.

People are having issues running ryzen 3xxx series with even costly B450/X470 mobos currently not to mention most A320 mobos won't even get the bios update for ryzen 3xxx processors.
as i heard, there are new firmware for A320 motherboards from respective makers. you need to get the bios properly flashed before installing 3xxx series apu. right now probably A320 is not coming with these bios from factories, but probably they will do it later in a few months.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
as i heard, there are new firmware for A320 motherboards from respective makers. you need to get the bios properly flashed before installing 3xxx series apu. right now probably A320 is not coming with these bios from factories, but probably they will do it later in a few months.
B450/X470 mobos already facing issues because of bios chip being not large enough to accommodate bios update resulting in manufacturers releasing a "lite version" of bios which cuts down current features to enable ryzen 3xxx support to keep bios size small enough to fit on chip.A320 mobos usually have even smaller bios chips so don't expect a smooth journey.Certainly not worth the risk.

icebags

Technomancer
B450/X470 mobos already facing issues because of bios chip being not large enough to accommodate bios update resulting in manufacturers releasing a "lite version" of bios which cuts down current features to enable ryzen 3xxx support to keep bios size small enough to fit on chip.A320 mobos usually have even smaller bios chips so don't expect a smooth journey.Certainly not worth the risk.

may be in couple of months there will be mobos wither larger bioschips. or optimized firmware, without the feature cutoffs.

apart from that, people are not complaining much here. may be i need to look deeper, idk.

Last edited:
what would be the best cpu for a sub 20k build right now? A friend wants my recommendation for his next gaming build-his budget is around 24k for cpu+ram+mobo.

I originally wanted to suggest the ryzen 5 1600,but he's leaning towards i5 9400f as he's under the impression that it would be faster for gaming.

So which one should he get for his pc?Will the i5 9400f be able to run all games comfortably for the next 4-5 years?Or will the ryzen cpu be more future proof as it has 12 threads?
That i5 9400F is much better for gaming than R5 1600, but it lacks iGPU like Ryzen, so you would need a dGPU for the system to boot. But as a platform, AMD ones are better & more futureproof.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Of all the online websites like primeabgb, mdcomputers, theitdepot and vedantcomputers which one gives or provides FREE shipping to home.
I have a limited budget, that's why...
Please reply. Thanks...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
None(outside of sales) but theitdepot offers free shipping to Chennai,Bangalore & New Delhi pin codes.Also shipping won't cost much except for heavy products like psu & cabinet.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
When I first ordered there was no payment gateway charges or shipping charges or at least for the products I bought two years back. Infact I didn't even know they do charge for that. Later I heard that they charge for shipping and gateway. But during diwali and festivals they give free shipping and/or no gateway charges. Recently there were such offers for Independence day sale.

quicky008

Technomancer
there are 2 b450 max boards available at md right now,one being the tomahawk,other being gaming plus.

Which is the better one of these 2?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
there are 2 b450 max boards available at md right now,one being the tomahawk,other being gaming plus.

Which is the better one of these 2?
None at these prices(12k+),theitdepot seems to be selling tomahawk max B450 for 10200 but it may also be a pricing error as non-max version is also listed at same price.Call them to confirm & if tomahawk max is available for 10200 then order from there.

quicky008

Technomancer
12k is just too much for these b450 boards-dealers like md,vedant etc are simply trying to rip customers off with their inflated prices of these products which aren't supposed to cost anything more than 10k.

the main usp of these b450 mainboards is their relatively low price-but if they are priced so exorbitantly it defeats the whole purpose of getting one,thereby making x570 boards a better choice in such cases.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Asrock B450 Pro 4 for 7k seems like a decent option with recent reddit threads suggesting it works fine with Ryzen 3xxx for typical usage.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
ASUS GEFORCE RTX 2080 ROG STRIX OC EDITION 8GB GDDR6

Why there's a sale on Vedant? The prices are good. Why they want to clear the stocks so badly?

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
Interesting deals. I wonder what the reason is. Our retailers normally don't price drop this much even for clearing stock. This is less than the US pricing.

Interesting deals. I wonder what the reason is. Our retailers normally don't price drop this much even for clearing stock. This is less than the US pricing.
No, it still isn't less than US prices. 2070 is like $430 in many places, ~31k INR & 2080 for $620, ~45k INR. But yeah, very close.

Top Bottom