Hardware price list/spec sheet

quicky008

Technomancer
Saw some sellers on a FB group the other day who were selling rx 580s that they claim are roughly 6 months old for only Rs 19000-felt really tempted to go for it.

quicky008

Technomancer
Remember eBay? Don't go for it.
lol well said.

@ssb1551:It was the 8gb variant

I found an even more bizarre deal recently-another seller based in haryana was offering 5-6 months old 1070s for sale @ unbelievably low prices-he quoted a price of Rs 17k for a asus 1070 8gb-when asked why the prices were so low he claimed that they bought such cards in bulk directly from the manufacturer and thus they could offer those gpus at heavily discounted prices-not sure whether it was some kind of scam or a legit deal. Also he stated that he will send the product by courier only after the realization of payment that has to be made via bank transfer to his personal a/c.

It did sound too good to be true-but if his intentions were honest and whatever he was saying was true then it would have been an absolutely crazy deal!!

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
lol well said.

@ssb1551:It was the 8gb variant

I found an even more bizarre deal recently-another seller based in haryana was offering 5-6 months old 1070s for sale @ unbelievably low prices-he quoted a price of Rs 17k for a asus 1070 8gb-when asked why the prices were so low he claimed that they bought such cards in bulk directly from the manufacturer and thus they could offer those gpus at heavily discounted prices-not sure whether it was some kind of scam or a legit deal. Also he stated that he will send the product by courier only after the realization of payment that has to be made via bank transfer to his personal a/c.

It did sound too good to be true-but if his intentions were honest and whatever he was saying was true then it would have been an absolutely crazy deal!!

used for 24x7 mining...

quicky008

Technomancer
^Can gpus still function reliably after being subjected to such intensive workloads? If its under warranty then will the manufacturer replace it in case it malfunctions?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

billubakra

Conversation Architect
^Can gpus still function reliably after being subjected to such intensive workloads? If its under warranty then will the manufacturer replace it in case it malfunctions?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
Man don't fall for it again because of the prices.

quicky008

Technomancer
why have the prices of intel's coffeelake cpus increased considerably of late? earlier an i5 8400 was priced at Rs 13000(approx) and now its being sold for 17k or more.Similarly i3 8100's price has increased to around 10k(earlier it was around 8k).Why this sudden upsurge in the prices of intel cpus?

ssb1551

Technomancer
why have the prices of intel's coffeelake cpus increased considerably of late? earlier an i5 8400 was priced at Rs 13000(approx) and now its being sold for 17k or more.Similarly i3 8100's price has increased to around 10k(earlier it was around 8k).Why this sudden upsurge in the prices of intel cpus?

Read this - shortages in 14nm Production

mobo

Broken In
Anyone know the going prices for GPUs in brick and mortar stores? What might one expect to pay for say an RX 580 or GTX 1060?

mobo

Broken In
Thanks. I was wondering maybe the situation in offline stores would be a little different. I guess it's time to pay them shops a visit. I have been in need of a new system for a year now.

suvajit

Broken In
Thanks. I was wondering maybe the situation in offline stores would be a little different. I guess it's time to pay them shops a visit. I have been in need of a new system for a year now.
Am also looking to build a rig, looks like the gpu prices have somewhat stabilized now..

Sent from my ASUS_X00TD using Tapatalk

quicky008

Technomancer
will buying an used 1060 3gb for 11-12k for temporary gaming purposes be a bad investment?These cards are going pretty cheap nowadays.Will the gpu's 3gb memory impede the card's ability to perform well in games(as opposed to cards with 4gb/6gb Vram)?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
will buying an used 1060 3gb for 11-12k for temporary gaming purposes be a bad investment?These cards are going pretty cheap nowadays.Will the gpu's 3gb memory impede the card's ability to perform well in games(as opposed to cards with 4gb/6gb Vram)?

from where and how old ? how much is the cost ?

Top Bottom