Hardware price list/spec sheet

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is wiered. Crucial M4 SSD is fastest and considered one of the best SSDs in the world. The only reason I choosed that Samsung over Crucial is because it is economical compared to Crucial M4 SSDs. But in local market its the other way round.

Depends on the benchmark. Anyway M4 is not at all the fastest drive, check the Tom's SSD hierarchy chart:-

Tom's Hardware's SSD Hierarchy Chart : Best SSDs For The Money: June 2012

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
What I found and read and still reading 830 one of the best reliable SSD in market after Intel. So, soon or later I will definite buy this SSD. Guys you can buy from newegg and don't worry about warranty nothing wrong going to happen.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
What I found and read and still reading 830 one of the best reliable SSD in market after Intel. So, soon or later I will definite buy this SSD. Guys you can buy from newegg and don't worry about warranty nothing wrong going to happen.

Overconfidence i very bad. What if it goes bad and you have no relative in usa?

Here is another good SSD in which no one can beat this drive in bang for bucks category. God know when it will come to india. Although kingston rams and pen drives are crap but this SSD is solid.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Overconfidence i very bad. What if it goes bad and you have no relative in usa?

It's not a overconfidence the report and feedback from users made this image of Samsung. The best SSD like crucial M4 faced 5,000 hour bug, crucial fixed very fast by releasing new firmware and Samsung having BSOD issue on CXM02B1Q with the issue not affecting all users, it still affects some. The has been take care very swiftly by releasing CXM03B1Q firmware, Samsung also claim that the update fixes partition issues with some enclosures and laptops. In both case companies recognize issue and fix it and compare to OCZ number was nothing, not like OCZ people crawling on forum. And people who are purchasing OCZ from primeagb, So giving the warranty, in the case something happen then he will send your SSD for replacement. In Samsung I have blind faith, I followed the whole thread of Samsung 830 SSD and never found any type of complains.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
I got a press release from a distributor and that's how this started:
Quadro cards from a company is sold via a well known distributor, the manufacturer's site have listed few more "partners". Its not clear if they're authorized sellers and/or distributors.

The point this particular distributor have decided to put a holographic sticker to ensure its genuine. This sticker is put by this distributor and not by the manufacturer- atleast that's how its made obvious. I emailed the partners and the manufacturers. The manufacturer didn't reply yet (i mailed him this morning) but one of the partners raised concern about the support for the existing cards that were sold/distributed via authorized channels before they put the holographic sticker.

The reason why the distributor did this is because there were many parallel imports/ duplicates- and the fact that their PR have stated that there are those who have duplicated their "distribution/importer" sticker and sell them off.

I wonder if the manufacturer gave a serious thought before letting only one (as far as how the conversation with couple of them went, it seems that way) distributor do it and not others- or notified?

If it was sole distribution, it wouldn't be a problem. But if there are many partners/resellers who get it from the manufacturer directly like how the distributor in question does: isn't it unfair that you're trying to say that you sell genuine stuff and others don't- especially when they're listed on the manufacturer's site. I wonder if other actual media sites have gave a thought before publishing the press release. That's why I am very skeptical in publishing distributor related press release.

Another doubt is: if distributor/importer sticker is duplicated and stuck on hardware that are brought in via parallel import- that means buyers will be in some trouble during RMA. A dealer can easily brush it off- stating that the box has the distributor's sticker and he gave a bill- so its between the consumer, the distributor and the company. Its not just Quadro cards, but any hardware. If the distributor/importer sticker is duplicated, one will doubt if the source that he's buying it from is truly legit or not. They'll obviously not risk putting distributor sticker on duplicated item and give a bill, but dealers enjoy denial privilages if the genuine product but illegally imported if it has duplicated distributor sticker and also a bill?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
many distributors do such kind thing ie put their own label on the box and if a particular product needs RMA it has to be done via the distributor ( not a dedicated service center for eg. difference between Rashi and Accel ) and the importer of the prduct - one distributor will simply refuse to RMA a product which is imported by some other distributor - distributor's ( if they have to provide RMA for it ) will provide RMA support only for products imported by them.

XFX has two distributor - Akshay and Rashi and they only RMA products imported by them though they are selling the same brand ie XFX - this is just an example.

So manufacturers should think about this and take proper step - they can distribute their products through multiple distributors but to provide RMA support they should not rely on the distributors - they should do it via RMA service provider like Accel, Digicare etc. which would RMA products regardless of any distributor/importer.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think that is the old price. Check out AMD has reduced the price of these cards

I know but we don't live on US or UK , right ? and the distributor / Importers hhave to clear their old stck first and there's still not much people who can buy a gfx card above 20k.

Top Bottom