Hardware price list/spec sheet

vwad

In the zone
Speaking of AMD:
*i.imgur.com/xLRFy.jpg
Asus India sends a 990FX sabertooth for the usual kinky treatment.

Welcome back sorcerer bhai !! Long time !! Hmm sounds interesting, its a great board, watch this video for more info. (Also Features the Maximus Formula V of 990X Chipset.)

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT7YSsEFqTk

Cilus

laborare est orare
Hey Sorcerer, one query from my side. Right now availability is an issue for the VX sereis PSUs from Corsair and as you've pointed out that VX450 is not having the same build quality as it was before. So now we are suggesting Corsair GS series PSUs in budget rig and GS600 is almost like a replacement for VX450 as the price difference is very less. The reviews are also good about the GS series.

We want to know your opinion regarding it.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Corsair should have discontinued VX450, or atleast make the model number/rev version stand out. I am skeptical about most hardware/peripherals which "gamer series" all over it. Newer DAs, Newer MX518, some roccat stuff, certain cases and now psu.

GS 600 (CMPSU-600G) comes with 3 years warranty. Seasonic S12II 430/520 comes with 5 years warranty. Pretty decently priced as well.

Corsair GS600 Reviewed (ITOCP) - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net
So looks like what we were expecting. The load regulation took a small hit vs. the VX550, and the ripple (already mediocre) got slightly worse. The capacitors are from "Man Yue" and according to Travis (the reviewer) are not as good as Japanese caps, but are still fairly decent. I'm going to class them in the same tier as Teapo and OST then. The heatsink design was obviously half-assed, there's barely any fins. And the build quality is solidly average.

About what was expected. Assuming these retail in the expected price range (~$70) then this would be a decent choice vs. the OCZ SXS 600W or GXS 600W. It can't hold a candle to other Corsair PSUs though, except the CX400 and maybe the VX450.
It does the job, if not good enough.

Maybe as a second or a 3rd option but you're getting Seasonic S12II/Antec EA for a decent price. If one doesn't need such power supply then there's gigabyte 460 superb, FSP 350w and cx400. GS to Corsair is like GX to coolermaster.

Last edited:

vwad

In the zone
Corsair should have discontinued VX450, or atleast make the model number/rev version stand out. I am skeptical about most hardware/peripherals which "gamer series" all over it. Newer DAs, Newer MX518, some roccat stuff, certain cases and now psu.

GS 600 (CMPSU-600G) comes with 3 years warranty. Seasonic S12II 430/520 comes with 5 years warranty. Pretty decently priced as well.

Maybe as a second or a 3rd option but you're getting Seasonic S12II/Antec EA for a decent price. If one doesn't need such power supply then there's gigabyte 460 superb, FSP 350w and cx400. GS to Corsair is like GX to coolermaster.

I also have one more query regarding the Seasonic. For Intel Sandy Bridge 2600/2600K Z68 rig.

Which Seasonic PSUs for:

1) Mobo and Processor only rig
2) Mobo, Processor and GPU rig
3) Mobo, Processor & low end SLI/Crossfire rig
4) Mobo, Processor & high end SLI/Crossfire rig
5) Mobo, Processor & 3 way SLI rig

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist

the prob is that S12II is difficult to find. i was looking for a 520 one and it wasnt available at theitwares, techshop, smc, prime!

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
kya jasji kitni baar aapko batana padega, tirupathi is the main distributor of seasonic check wth them 520 will be avbl now and i think the 620 has droped in a price alil.

btw i posted here yesterday cant see that post now?was it removed ?

Top Bottom