MSI HD5830 Twin Frozr II 1GB @ 13.8k
MSI HD5850 Twin Frozr II 1GB @ 16.75k
MSI HD 5870 1GB @ 22.3k
MSI 5870 Lightning 1GB @ 23.5k
MSI HD5970 2GB @ 36k

MSI GTX 470 1280MB GDDR5 @ 21.6k
MSI GTX 480 1536MB GDDR5 @ 29.5k
MSI 240GT 1 GB GDDR3 @ 5k

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 AM ----------

Here's a great PSU deal :p

Gigabyte LC400 ( GE-N400A-C2 ) PSU @ Rs. 1.65k

it has active PFC and 80%+ efficiency acc to website

BTW, it has 408W cobined output for the 2x +12V rails and 130W for +5V and +3.3V rails but the maximum combined output wattage of this PSU is 405W - So I think the PSu is not beefier enough and the rating seems very deceiving

So beware before buying this PSU and personally I believe that this PSU can only deliver upto 275W -300 watts with it's 2x combined +12V rails which translates into 22A or 25A.
So Gfx cards upto HD5670 would run fine with this one.

*www.giga-byte.com/Products/PowerSupply/Products_Spec.aspx?ProductID=3337

illusionist

Right off the assembly line
I need to buy Nvidia 9400 GT (1GB), so can anyone please suggest me the latest prices of it in INR. My budget is 3K....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I need to buy Nvidia 9400 GT (1GB), so can anyone please suggest me the latest prices of it in INR. My budget is 3K....

why you want 9400GT crap card when you can get a HD4650 or 9500GT for lower price.

get one of these: Sapphire HD4650 512Mb DDR2 @ 3k or Sparkle 9500GT 512Mb DDR2 @ 2.5k (other manufacturers cost around 3k or more)

illusionist

Right off the assembly line
I Have a Intel Core2Duo 2.2 Ghz Processor
I want to Buy Nvidia 1 GB GraphicsCard GT or GTX 9 series and mother board supporting the same,please suggest me some output as i will be buying the board and Graphics Card in a Day or two and i have no plans for changing my processor

Budget 5 to 6 k

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I Have a Intel Core2Duo 2.2 Ghz Processor
I want to Buy Nvidia 1 GB GraphicsCard GT or GTX 9 series and mother board supporting the same,please suggest me some output as i will be buying the board and Graphics Card in a Day or two and i have no plans for changing my processor

Budget 5 to 6 k

also what is the amount of ram you have? also whats your PSU?

for 6k, you can get the following:

Gigabyte G31 based motherboard. not sure which model will be available. or Asus motherboard based on G31 chipset. will cost 2.5k or so.

with rest of 3.5k, get a HD4650 512Mb DDR2 from Sapphire or XFX or Powercolor. if HD4650 hard to find, settle for a 9500GT 512Mb DDR2.

NOTE: avoid 1Gb cards. they useless. they can't use 1Gb memory as they are not very powerful cards. 512Mb or 1Gb, you'll get same performance. so save some money, get 512Mb version. also avoid Geforce 9400GT, GT210, GT220. all are idiot cards. absolutely waste of money.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've a small suggestion :p

Try finding Palit 9500GT 256MB GDDR3 gfx card around 3.5K - saw it a months ago on lynx-india.com - so if you are luckey enough you might be able to get this one and it's better than DDR2 based gfx cards of same genre :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I've a small suggestion :p

Try finding Palit 9500GT 256MB GDDR3 gfx card around 3.5K - saw it a months ago on lynx-india.com - so if you are luckey enough you might be able to get this one and it's better than DDR2 based gfx cards of same genre :p

thats a fantastic deal, provided that card available locally. what locally available is 9500GT 1Gb DDR2. & palit was wise enough release a 9500GT 2Gb (God damn what will such a slow card do with 2Gb memory?). uninformed or peoples not having much idea about the graphics power will opt for one, only to get slide showshow in Crysis :mrgreen:

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
I know this is off topic,but something weird is happening. My PC at times on startup shows a blank screen showing "Boot and insert disk in proper boot device".But upon doing so,setup starts.:\
At first I thought it was a HDD failure.But a tip on the windows setup showed remove any new USB devices.I removed my mouse and restarted.then everything went fine.No errors or anything. Happened twice in 4 days.What could be the problem?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I know this is off topic,but something weird is happening. My PC at times on startup shows a blank screen showing "Boot and insert disk in proper boot device".But upon doing so,setup starts.:\
At first I thought it was a HDD failure.But a tip on the windows setup showed remove any new USB devices.I removed my mouse and restarted.then everything went fine.No errors or anything. Happened twice in 4 days.What could be the problem?

check your HDD cable. i faced same problem. i got IDE & my IDE cable was turned & twisted too much. also check the HDD port (in motherboard), it maybe loose or broken.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
From the warning message, its looks windows is trying to boot from the USB device. For me its a problem with boot priority/ :)

i think its more related to the HDD cable or so. reason is i faced that problem recently. my IDE cable has gone bad. changed it & everything back to ok.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ Sam.Shab - OMG ! a 9500 GT with 2 GB DDR2 ram - never heard of anything like this - I don't understand the reason - why those manufacturers are wasting their money _ I think this is a simple marketing gimmick to lure uninformed buyers coz till today most of the buyers buy gfx cards by the shopkeepers suggestion :p

BTW, got postal ( but was unable to get the exp pack ) :p

@ Jripper - as sam has pointed out the prob is related to cable - just remove and reinsert the cable again - or change the cable and try a different sata port :p

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@ Sam.Shab - OMG ! a 9500 GT with 2 GB DDR2 ram - never heard of anything like this - I don't understand the reason - why those manufacturers are wasting their money _ I think this is a simple marketing gimmick to lure uninformed buyers coz till today most of the buyers buy gfx cards by the shopkeepers suggestion :p

my reaction was like that too first time i heard it. and there it was written (description) "todays games need more memory, so Plait engineers (freaks) has equipped this card with a massive (little too massive) 2Gb memory to satisfy all users gaming needs."

also buyers go after cards with more memory. i2 had same mindset until i joined TDF.

also Digit itself reviewed something like palit 8500GT 1Gb SUPER (2years ago i feel). & gave it 1 heck of negative remarks :grin:

BTW, got postal ( but was unable to get the exp pack ) :p

great. 1 small advice. download latest patch & apply before gaming. cause the game loading time is something like 5-10min (each level, on my aging PC). & this is just too much. i heard patch solves this issue. i'll start downloading the game tonight.

@ pulsar_swift - as sam has pointed out the prob is related to cable - just remove and reinsert the cable again - or change the cable and try a different sata port :p

mine is IDE. so can't say about sata. moreover my keyboard works just fine. also my week start with having to open my cabinet & reattach the IDE cable once :mrgreen: hope new cable solves it.

Last edited:

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Mine is sata.not IDE. And its not happening everytime.It hasn't happened anymore.If it happens again,I'll check the cables and stuff. :\

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
problem is not mine. Its Jrippers :D

edited and corrected that :p

my reaction was like that too first time i heard it. and there it was written (description) "todays games need more memory, so Plait engineers (freaks) has equipped this card with a massive (little too massive) 2Gb memory to satisfy all users gaming needs."

also buyers go after cards with more memory. i2 had same mindset until i joined TDF.

also Digit itself reviewed something like palit 8500GT 1Gb SUPER (2years ago i feel). & gave it 1 heck of negative remarks :grin:

great. 1 small advice. download latest patch & apply before gaming. cause the game loading time is something like 5-10min (each level, on my aging PC). & this is just too much. i heard patch solves this issue. i'll start downloading the game tonight.

mine is IDE. so can't say about sata. moreover my keyboard works just fine. also my week start with having to open my cabinet & reattach the IDE cable once :mrgreen: hope new cable solves it.

Game loading time time is round 20-30 seconds on modern gen pc's :p - so I don't think I will need to patch it up for loading time.

BTW, I've read that the postal 2 patch version 1337 Patch adds two new levels and is around 28 MB - so I think i should download it :p

The 1337 patch adds two new levels, two new difficulty modes, and a multitude of other changes and bug fixes. Please see the attached document for more details.

*www.gamespot.com/pc/action/postal2/downloads.html

Top Bottom