Hard disk's price increased by DOUBLE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
Lil bit bad morning guys..!
Hard disks price increased by DOUBLE.
I was going to buy 500 GB Seagtte 7200 HDD for my pc.
The service man told me that the price increased by double.

It was 2200 for 500 GB. Now its approx 4300 guys .!

Is there any way of dropping prices? Any one knows???
What's the reason for this BAD increase? Please let me know. :(:banghead:

arko1983

In the zone
i heard that some company making hdd was destroyed in floods(something like that).so the sudden increase.(not sure but thats wat i heard)

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
i heard that some company making hdd was destroyed in floods(something like that).so the sudden increase.(not sure but thats wat i heard)

Yea I also heard that the ship that was carrying HDD was drowned. Like that. :(
Is there will be drop in price after some time (company manages to take back its profit) ??? eh?

Is it good now for going for 250 GB instead of 500 GB?
OR wait until the prices drop?

guru_urug

iGoogle
"Good Morning" My friend ;) This situation has been there(and worsening) for weeks now. It was because of a flood in thailand which destroyed HDD manufacturing plants. The situation is expected to resolve itself by q1 2012.

Till then wait, if you already have a HDD. If you dont have one only then invest

Xbox

Inclined to Tech
As a major producer of hard-disk drives, Thailand's floods threaten to reduce supplies of this key component by roughly a third, according to manufacturer

Check it here..Thailand Floods Could Impact HDD Supplies, Computer Production Worldwide

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
even the TV market here might see some price fluctuations, as japanese brands like sony and toshiba have their warehouses at thailand and import the TVs from there to india. anyway, thanks people for telling this ! i was also wondering why HDD prices went up, but it didnt occur to me about the flood-connection.

OP
jkultimate

jkultimate

GAMING IS NOT A CRIME
WHuu...... Thanks guys for helping me.

I've now got a WD 160 GB with couple of GB left. I want to purchase some new games and movies. So that's why I thinked about buying a new HDD. I'll wait for sure.
:)
Cheers.

Sarath

iDota
has there been another set of floods or this is the same old news. Been that way for over a month. Prices have been competing with onion for the hike magnitude.

6months to 1year for price to normalise

macjenn

Right off the assembly line
What are the current prices of internal HDDs in Chandigarh?
A week back I confirmed from a retailer in sector 34 Chandigarh, He said it is still the same as one has to spend Rs.4200 for a 500 GB internal hard disk drive....

What are the chances of drooping prices?

Please someone inform me when the price are slashed.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
What are the chances of drooping prices?

Please someone inform me when the price are slashed.

1. Chances of dropping prices: Nil.
2. When prices will be slashed? Who knows. Its part of business now.

P.S. you could have started a new thread instead of bumping in this old one.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Don't think hardware companies as cheaters. They are using the extra money to help rebuilding Thailand which has suffered the worst flood of the decade.

And the warranty has been reduced because still there is a huge gap between supply and demand. Closing this thread. Please continue discussion regarding this in Chit-chat section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom