Hard disk imaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan

In the zone
It was time to reinstall my OSes again.. and this time my system was far more screwed up than it ever was.. the partition table was corrupted, drivers were conflicting... simply put.. it was a lot of mess.

Then, it took me more than one complete sleepless night to put it all in place and install the software, drivers and all the stuff i need on my computer. This included zero writing the disk first.. and hence my hard disc is clean with 2 operating systems running [Win XP and FC7].

The thing is, i don't want to go over all this again once I screw up my system again. I was thinking of taking a complete hard disk image.

What i need is that some software makes an image for me which i can store on multiple DVDs and whenever required, i am able to restore my hard disk back to the exact state as it is today.

Can Norton Ghost do it? I have it installed.. but don't know how to do this particular thing. Is there a better alternative?

Any help is appreciated.
thanks,
rohan

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Yes norton Ghost can do it. But for ext2 support, use Norton Ghost 12 or later.
Copying back the backup from DVDs takes lots of time. Its better to have the images in some other partition nd boot from norton ghost bootable disc to restore.

Last edited:

geohen1

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I'm George and I work with Norton. I see you are going to use Norton Ghost to image your drive. If you run into any problems of have questions, feel free to email me on my personal email address, geohen1[at]gmail[dot]com.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Acronis True Image

But I found that all these disk imaging softwares meddle with the partitions and sometimes screw your MBR too, use them with caution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom