Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
^ dude.. u can cut the diamond only by another diamond.

Mac is like a diamond, so format it and reinstall it :|

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
that's the only way? How do I format a drive correctly? Could there be anther solution? What if something goes wrong? I also need to find my CDs!

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
@praka.. dude.. my bro has a Macbook, we live under the same roof (now he's working though) .. so legally I also own it.. coz he's a family member.. i'm not entitled to support from Apple Inc.. i don't need it.. so no piracy here..
That's the stupidest logic I ever heard. "My brother had lunch a couple hours ago so I'm full right now." :lol:

---------

@cooldudie3 (that's what it shows on my iPhone),
Why the Hell are you asking for help with your Mac in a thread full of Linux and Windows users? Of course they'll tell you to check for viruses and format and reinstall. That's the standard fix on other operating systems. Not on a Mac though. Post your problem, whatever it is, in the Apple thread, will you? :)

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
@cooldudie3 (that's what it shows on my iPhone),
Yeah same here. Even I see cooldudie3 in my Firefox. Also in the screen shot that infra_red_dude gave, you can see 'Befriend cooldudie3' written in the bottom left corner.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
OK I can see it now. Has to clear cache.. and Ctrl+f5.. :p

I like mac though I don't use it much. Not having a cut option is the most stupid thing ever for an OS. Which is more convenient and time saving? Cut a 4GB file from one folder to another folder OR copy and paste it and then delete it? Still Macboys will be Macboys..
I'd been using a Mac for several months and hadn't even noticed the lack of 'Cut' until iMav pointed it out to me one day. Dragging and dropping stuff from one folder to another does the cut-paste thing, so it's not like the functionality is absent. Not having the standard keyboard shortcut in the Finder is weird though.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Yeah same here. Even I see cooldudie3 in my Firefox. Also in the screen shot that infra_red_dude gave, you can see 'Befriend cooldudie3' written in the bottom left corner.
Yes exactly .:eek:. even I can see that .. looks like some bug in the forum

amitava82

MMO Addict
I'd been using a Mac for several months and hadn't even noticed the lack of 'Cut' until iMav pointed it out to me one day. Dragging and dropping stuff from one folder to another does the cut-paste thing, so it's not like the functionality is absent. Not having the standard keyboard shortcut in the Finder is weird though.
yes I just noticed it. From one partition to another partition is copy n paste BUT within same partition, its cut and paste (like any other OS). :) There should have been an option for cut though. You need to have 2 finder window open in case you want to drag n drop into a different folder. Not very convenient..

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
That's the stupidest logic I ever heard. "My brother had lunch a couple hours ago so I'm full right now." :lol:

---------

Damn.. welcome to the Hackintosh thread Arya.. I was expecting you.. Well.. if you guys can form a long distance family over India for getting MobileMe Family pack.. why can't I use my brother's Macbook as mine.. he lives in the same house.. and by the way.. he had Tiger before.. then he switched to Leopard.. So he has both the discs.. we uninstalled one OS from his lap.. so I don't think that this is piracy.. its only that I'm not entitled to support from Apple..

devilz666

Broken In

LMAO, that sounds like "i'v got hands , who needs a girl" :p

devilz666

Broken In
---------

Damn.. welcome to the Hackintosh thread Arya.. I was expecting you.. Well.. if you guys can form a long distance family over India for getting MobileMe Family pack.. why can't I use my brother's Macbook as mine.. he lives in the same house.. and by the way.. he had Tiger before.. then he switched to Leopard.. So he has both the discs.. we uninstalled one OS from his lap.. so I don't think that this is piracy.. its only that I'm not entitled to support from Apple..

And that's precisely what Apple says about using Original Mac OS on other PCs, no support. Thus this is anything but piracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom