Status
Not open for further replies.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
to bhaiya.. iska matbal hai.. ki aap vista ka OEM version apne naye kampooter par chal rahe ho.. chalo bhaiya e bhi thik hai.. aur uska hackintoshwa ka kya hua?

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
yes I just noticed it. From one partition to another partition is copy n paste BUT within same partition, its cut and paste (like any other OS). :) There should have been an option for cut though. You need to have 2 finder window open in case you want to drag n drop into a different folder. Not very convenient..
There are three things in Mac OS X that make it pretty much a non-issue:
1. Spring loaded folders;
2. Column view; and
3. The Cmd + N shortcut for opening a new Finder window that works even while you're in the process of dragging a file.

@iMav;
When dragging files across partitions, pressing the Command key before dropping them in place moves them instead of copying them. Similarly, the Option key allows you to copy files even if they're being dragged and dropped within the same partition.

In fact, according to me, Windows' not having extensive support fir drag-and-drop and stuff like spring loaded folders if a far greater annoyance than Mac OS X's lacking the Cmd + X shortcut within the Finder (it works for text though, mind you).

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
but arya can you tell me how to change the theme of Leopard.. I don't like that plastic look n feel.. i want to apply that brushed metal feel of Tiger in Leopard... tried Candybar.. but didn't help..

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I agree definitely no one is encouraging anyone to go out and get them a copy of pirated software. If this thread is closed for that then other threads which refer to the same topics should be removed as well.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Irrespective of the Topic, I have my views to put forth.

Saying that there are other topics (some even stickies) where talks about piracy are still going on, so this thread shouldn't be reported is just not right. If that stuff goes on there, it is your responsibility as a mannered forum member to report them. That's what the button is present for.

Even though people may not directly encourage piracy here (or there), even the slightest mention of 'what' was used to get their systems running, combined with the power of Google, is enough to make even a newbie crave for more. We are humans after all.

There is nothing wrong with this thread, apart from the mentions of the two types of DVDs. Let the talks continue :) You are perfectly entitled to discuss along. I agree with @FilledVoid too. If, for reasons of piracy talks, this thread is 'locked', then the same must happen to the other threads too.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Saying that there are other topics (some even stickies) where talks about piracy are still going on, so this thread shouldn't be reported is just not right. If that stuff goes on there, it is your responsibility as a mannered forum member to report them. That's what the button is present for.

No , but its a very good way of showing double standards by NOT closing it even after reporting.

Even though people may not directly encourage piracy here (or there), even the slightest mention of 'what' was used to get their systems running, combined with the power of Google, is enough to make even a newbie crave for more. We are humans after all.

In that case ban every single torrent thread, rapidshare thread and random news thread here.
There is nothing wrong with this thread, apart from the mentions of the two types of DVDs. Let the talks continue You are perfectly entitled to discuss along. I agree with @FilledVoid too. If, for reasons of piracy talks, this thread is 'locked', then the same must happen to the other threads too.
The thread is only asking for Hackintosh users. I'm not going to either justify if it is allowed or even if a person is entitled to support. Like I said earlier its just like another one of those "Hey do you use Pirated software" threads.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Exactly.. I don't think that you all Macboys would've purchased $300 MS Office : 2008 for Mac.. neither iWork '08.. But you've a poll going on about it in your thread.. then there is another thread here Must watch movies I don't think that most of us can go to market and purchase a Rs 450 DVD of Hollywood movies.. so that thread should be locked too.. come on yaar.. the mention of what DVD version we use is like we have an Original DVD of Die Hard 4.0 and which DVD rip we want to download from the internet XviD or X.264.. as simple as that..

narangz

Web developer
So talking about pawning iPhone for the latest firmware in the Apple thread is perfectly legal & moral?

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
+100 to iMav +100 to Narangz too..
Yeah.. removing the firmware from iPhone isn't legal to Macboys.. I thought Macusers are cool as portrayed by Justin Long.. but they're not.. Winboys are more cooler..

I think that you all must have seen the "I'm a PC, I'm a Mac " ads.. Justin Longs kicks PC's ass in those ads.... but, but.. who gets more happy when Microsoft Office is released.. Mac Users... who gets more happy when the support for MS Exchange is given on iPhone.. Mac users.. Safari browsers uses the Open Source KHTML engine.. but still its closed source.. damn man.. even Microsoft is better than Apple.. the only thing that Apple has is Mac OS X.. and Steve Jobs..

Last edited:

Sourabh

Laptoping
This is concerning the reported post in this thread. I'd request members who've made reference to distro name/release group to edit their posts and remove those reference/s. It does make it a lot easier for visitors here to try something which is illegal due to those names. Hence, this request. Otherwise, I'd do it myself if you fail to do it within the next 2 days.

And please stick to topic, yes/no. No asking for help or helping with hackintosh queries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom