guys need your advice on Skullcandy TITAN S2TTDY-016 Chrome

Knight2A4

In the zone
LOL what happened to this line
That was my last post. My work here is done :) *flies away*

You flew back seeing some farvoable wind from Incinerator. but do not stretch your wings & let me clear the Fog.

My recommendation was base on the fact that op's has listen to skull candy and Denon which has a more quanity of bass with better extention would be much better for an asking price of 1.5k. Op's had already mensioned that he like to listen to electronic music such as dubstep & bollywood msuic. Denon would work best with both of them. B/c of the sound signature it has. If you listen to dubstep it usually filled with patches low notes & mid range. To comform my theory i went to youtube and listen to Loefah - Root

[IMGG]*i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y493/hakimtai/Dudstep0_zpsb537004f.jpg[/IMGG]

While keeping my Asus DG audio Centre side by side to see the frequency jump as soon as the vocals ended it became clear that the entire song shifted to one side. The rhyming sub-bass was shouldered by the mid-bass which gave the song the rhyme & excitement that it had there where spike of treble here & there but rarely it changed any thing in this song the mids or vocals where more pormonent here than the high notes. An Ideal IEM would enhance these low notes of the music keeping the treble in check. What E10 would do here is enhance the bass which is already there that it get un-controlled or out of focus & at the same time enhance the treble also which will eat up the mid range or vocals so when there is a drop in the song you would not be able to hear the small things towards the ending or the starting after the drop. The same goes for the vocal dubstep. Denon which as mid bass enhancement would enhance mid bass with little spike in mid range the vocals of Bollywood & vocal deb step would have that spike that E10 would not be able to deliver & laid back treble of Denon would mean long listen session with out fractioning your ear drums.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
I completely agree with Hakim, a point I absolutely forgot to mention is the overall tonality of the Denon is much much better over the Soundmagic. The Denon is smooth and very rounded with no undue edges and is very good for long listening sessions. The Denon is a kind of an all rounder and does it like a pro without ever making you feel its trying to do something its not supposed to.

With a good source the Denon makes the Bass more palpable and digs in notes which might be missed by the E10 say a cello in a jazz ensemble or trying to make sense of a complex recording like 15 step by Radiohead. The new cable has made things better for the E10 but this nitty gritty are still left to be solved. Its this conversation that made me go and listen to them again though I have moved away from them and listen to better stuff! Still the Denons smoothness is amazing. Good Im still learning!!!

OP
Y

yashxxx

Journeyman
Finally i have decided to get the denon.
Now could you please clear me that what is the diff. Between 260 and 260r.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Im actually listening and writing. Take track from Awolnation called Sail ,the Denon has mind numbing extension and texture and with that awesome decay which the E10 cant portray,it has the bass (more) but not the finesse and the palpable texture.The E10 despite having the slam and attack dosnt make the track connect to you which the Denon manages since its a lil bit laid back and lets you enjoy that moment before its just flies away.

260 is without the Remote to Control an iphone and 260R is with one. Generally I would avoid something in between for the sake of short path and direct connect.

It dosnt mean the E10 is bad ...its very good too but that price makes it not so good anymore. If you like slam and attack minus the smoothness and roundedness get the E10.

Knight2A4

In the zone
Finally with the help of Incinerator another person was saved ............

Now its proper time to say

That was my last post. My work here is done :)

*flies away*
:-D

OP
Y

yashxxx

Journeyman
Hey flies come back!
Is profx is good for purchasing(return if i get a damaged one)?

How about this
*www.zansaar.com/denon-binaural-in-ear-headphones-ah-c260-black-p-PROZCID11

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
ProFx is the distributor of Denon in India for the last 20 years or more before the likes of KEI the other Importer.Ofcourse they are reliable.I recently bought a new AHC 260 from them to let my cousin in to the audio scene!

*i953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/vvvinashhh/IMG_20131210_1823411_zps606009f7.jpg

OP
Y

yashxxx

Journeyman
Should i order it from here
Buy Denon Binaural In-ear Headphones AH-C260 - Black Online India | Zansaar Audio & Video Store

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
LOL what happened to this line

You flew back seeing some farvoable wind from Incinerator. but do not stretch your wings & let me clear the Fog.

My recommendation was base on the fact that op's has listen to skull candy and Denon which has a more quanity of bass with better extention would be much better for an asking price of 1.5k. Op's had already mensioned that he like to listen to electronic music such as dubstep & bollywood msuic. Denon would work best with both of them. B/c of the sound signature it has. If you listen to dubstep it usually filled with patches low notes & mid range. To comform my theory i went to youtube and listen to Loefah - Root

[IMGG]*i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y493/hakimtai/Dudstep0_zpsb537004f.jpg[/IMGG]

While keeping my Asus DG audio Centre side by side to see the frequency jump as soon as the vocals ended it became clear that the entire song shifted to one side. The rhyming sub-bass was shouldered by the mid-bass which gave the song the rhyme & excitement that it had there where spike of treble here & there but rarely it changed any thing in this song the mids or vocals where more pormonent here than the high notes. An Ideal IEM would enhance these low notes of the music keeping the treble in check. What E10 would do here is enhance the bass which is already there that it get un-controlled or out of focus & at the same time enhance the treble also which will eat up the mid range or vocals so when there is a drop in the song you would not be able to hear the small things towards the ending or the starting after the drop. The same goes for the vocal dubstep. Denon which as mid bass enhancement would enhance mid bass with little spike in mid range the vocals of Bollywood & vocal deb step would have that spike that E10 would not be able to deliver & laid back treble of Denon would mean long listen session with out fractioning your ear drums.

You make it sound like it was a personal war between the two of us, and we had to prove something to each other. You kept pointing to one rather undemanding review and kept pointing to the specifications to justify the sound. After my mishap buying the XB90EX, I'd not go by any specifications on the matter of sound. If it makes you feel any calmer, I was only questioning the logic of arriving at your conclusion and not your brains. :)

I will order a Denon myself now, 1.5k cant hurt much, once I come back after the holidays (If its indeed as smooth as described here, I'd love it. Currently my go-to IEM is a PL50 and while its great, the relative lack of bass volume displeases me a bit). :)

Btw, Pro-FX site doesnt seem to have a online ordering page...

@yashxxx : I'd be skeptical buying from that (Zansar) site, if its a first time. I have never heard of them before snd they dont seem to have COD.

Last edited:
OP
Y

yashxxx

Journeyman
Pranav,is thr any other site for ordering?

This site
*www.zansaar.com/denon-binaural-in-ear-headphones-ah-c260-black-p-PROZCID11
Have cod option too and price is 1425 only.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
You are doubting PRO FX???:-?:-? Its like not trusting your local govt bank.... They have huge showrooms in all major cities and those earphones I bought from their dover lane kolkata showroom. They sell speakers worth 96lacs from focal and Denon headhones for Rs 120,000.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Pranav,is thr any other site for ordering?

This site
Buy Denon Binaural In-ear Headphones AH-C260 - Black Online India | Zansaar Audio & Video Store
Have cod option too and price is 1425 only.

ProFX is trustworthy, I know. I was talking about this site only... I didnt find a COD option, and even if I did, I'd be skeptical. I just filled the form at ProFX to call back. Clumsy, but atleast trusted...

Top Bottom