Guide me to install ubuntu ... Vista installed already..

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Hi guys .. i gona try ubuntu second time .. , this time going for a full completee installation...

i have vista installed in c:

i have loads of space in d : say 48Gb out of 100 gb.. and same in e : too

in c: i have a 40GB free out og 80 GB

now can anyone guide me thru the installation...

i want a dual boot... and dont want to disturb any of vista or anytother files in other partition...

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
First clear the E drive totally. Move the data to prolly D drive. Open disk manager and delete the whole E drive. Then create 1 new drive leaving atleast 25GB free, use it as your E drive.
From ubuntu live cd, select use free partitions, or something such. That will make use of that 25GB to install ubuntu.
Actually you don't really need 25GB. But, that's a safe value I am recommending. You can keep it to a minimum of 8GB.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
guys i have around 40 gb in d and 40 in e .. cant move ... more over those are games files... moving them willcaiuse it notto work...

@ sunny ..will do so...

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
You will need to clear your data from atleast one partion.

for games, keep your save games folder & install them again.

Also remember to Backup Your data

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
isnt there anyother way??? please ...there are loads of stuff....can i say partition e: into say f using any software??? say split my 100 GB d: into d anf f: ????

PcEnthu

Linux Learner
This situation can be dealt with Norton (or) PowerQuest Partition Manager, I guess:
When we choose to create a new partition in these partition managers, you will have the following options:

1. Postion of the new partition
2. Amount of free space in the existing partition to be used for creating the new partition

But be warned about those options, as they involve moving the data in your HD

Last edited:

dragonlord

Broken In
google for WUBI .
You don't even need to create a new partition. Whole linux as a single file in your existing partition !

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
can u explain more ??/

does it install fulll ubuuntu or just a say a virtual machine ??/ and it size 9.9 mb ...???

my ubuntu is in digit DVD .. will it take it ??/

praka123

left this forum longback
wubi is a windows installer.it installs ubuntu from ur xp.but I will say,be brave,be ready to partition manually as I explained on other thread with pic.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
it is trying to download the whole ubuntu ???

isnt there any other way.. i tried download ing few apps to partition.. none is working in vista...

please help me guys .. i just awant to try ubunut fully this time

praka123

left this forum longback
install it from cd,why wait? :rolleyes:
free the space,install it!Linux is NOT something virtual :rolleyes: It needs space and swap.already pounted the guide in post #2.

First,CTC with vi$ta thing.vi$ta has nothing to do here :evil:

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
but i have important files.. too many .. right now i cant foramt and all..

but i can partition my d: or E: to say even 40 GB for linux...

i am not able to partition themm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom